Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Classen 16

Blog Entries

Default Re: 1701 N. Classen

Yes, the 4th floor sex shops are the most dangerous! :-)

Can the economy support two sex shops so close together? I mean, the one predicted for the Edge is only a few blocks away. It could be a disaster!

Good thing the HH residents are a sultry lot, which it sounds like Gatgewood residents want in on.

The older ones are like that... Gatewood does have some pretty bad apartments that were put up before these standards.

Still there must be a better way to go about solving this issue. I like Teo's idea.

Pete (or anyone really), do you know if Pivot is planning to create a grand entrance to the Plaza District with this development? Right now it is just a sign on some bricks about three feet high. Not looking for anything like the Stockyards, but curious if something more grand could be created here.

How much retail space (sq ft) is included in the current renderings? I'm so excited to see this go in! Do we have a realistic timeline for completion? Is summer of 2018 possible?

They have made some revisions then this will go back for review. If approved, I believe they would start relatively soon and construction would take 1 to 1.5 years.

As far as I know, the only commercial space will be for a restaurant / brewery along Classen.

This project was approved without opposition today at the Planning Commission.

Quote Originally Posted by turnpup View Post
    Can the economy support two sex shops so close together? I mean, the one predicted for the Edge is only a few blocks away. It could be a disaster!
    Sex Shop District

Did they allow three floors at the corner?

Yes, just some minor changes to the parking.

Speaking of this site, there was a big film crew (multiple trailers; tons of cars) set up here when I drove in to work this morning. Anybody know what they're filming?

Quote Originally Posted by YeahIKnow View Post
    Speaking of this site, there was a big film crew (multiple trailers; tons of cars) set up here when I drove in to work this morning. Anybody know what they're filming?
    HBO's Real Sex

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    This project was approved without opposition today at the Planning Commission.
    When will construction start?

Quote Originally Posted by YeahIKnow View Post
    There are several current projects but It may have very well been "I Can Only Imagine". They are currently filming and I have been assisting in bringing most of the talent into OKC. The most prominent has been Oscar winner, Cloris Leachman.

https://www.ok.gov/oklahomafilm/FILM...OMA/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by gman11695 View Post
    When will construction start?
    They haven't even filed their building permits and those usually take several months to be approved.

Multi-use project near Plaza District gets go-ahead

By: Molly M. Fleming The Journal Record December 8, 2016

OKLAHOMA CITY – Planning Commissioner Bob Bright said during Thursday’s meeting that he regretted approving a multifamily complex under construction on NW 16th Street. He apologized during the meeting for giving the project approval because it doesn’t fit the Plaza District neighborhood.

But David Wanzer’s multifamily project at NW 16th Street and Classen Boulevard does fit the area, Bright said, especially since it sits closer to Classen. The commission approved the zoning request after granting it a continuance in November.

“You made some wonderful changes to the application,” said Janis Powers on the Planning Commission.

Wanzer presented the zoning change and multi-use building on behalf of The Pivot Project team. Jonathan Dodson and Ben Sellers are also with The Pivot Project. The team’s SPUD would permit a 55,683-square-foot multifamily building with first-floor retail and restaurant spaces.

There are 48 residential units planned. There will be 38 one-bedroom units and 10 two-bedroom units.

The 1.1-acre site was previously home to an eclectic, colorful building. It was demolished in August. Herman’s Seafood, Triple’s, and Marco’s Mexican restaurant once called the building home.

Wanzer said there were several adjustments made to the application, including limiting the retail uses. The simplified planned unit development will not allow for a primary parking lot, laundry services, or indoor recreation.

The building height has been reduced from 55 feet to 50 feet. The percentage of each exterior finish material has been specified. The retail portion was decreased to about 4,000 square feet.

One of the commission’s most discussed items during the November meeting was the number of parking spaces. Planning Commissioner J. Michael Hensley said in November that two-bedroom units require 1.5 parking spaces. He said there should be 77 parking spots. Architect Adam Lanman argued at the time that other multifamily complexes in downtown rarely use all their parking, especially during the day.

Wanzer said during Thursday’s meeting that the parking space total is now 58 spots, which is one per bedroom.

“We’ve adjusted the widths and removed some trees,” he said.

Wanzer, Dodson, and Sellers were much more jovial after Thursday’s meeting than when they presented the project in November. Wanzer said construction will start in 2017’s second quarter.

They dropped a $5 million building permit application this morning.

Can't wait to see this project underway... Will completely change that section of Classen and create a great gateway to the Plaza.

This is the kind of project that can revolutionize the way we think about Classen...I'm glad that it is coming in 2017 and not 2025.

This is the kind of development I'd love to see all the way from NW Expressway down to the Wheeler District. That's decades away, but if the city could catch a vision of a true Boulevard that could change the scope of the city, OKC would eventually be world class.

Classen Blvd. could become every bit as important as downtown OKC.

Has their building permit been approved yet?

Default Re: Classen16

Some new renderings of this project, now formally known as Classen16.

The exterior material will be somewhat reflective.

Blog Entries

I don't see the current bus stop in this rendering. Hopefully that doesn't go away.

I hope they get out ahead of the walkability/safety issue with that channeled right turn (I forget the name of those things). Especially with the brewery being right there, you never know when people are going to want to come from the south-side of the street and cross there, or more dangerously, cross from Classen16 to the south side of 16th.

What is the building facade material?

Thread Information