Quote Originally Posted by shavethewhales View Post
We are growing pretty rapidly. OKC is definitely going faster with much more critical mass, but stuff is going up everywhere in Tulsa right now. This is like the 3rd or 4th major residential complex in the downtown area to be announced recently that hasn't broken ground yet.

There's a 12 story (well, 6 office floors and 6 parking levels) office tower being topped off right now in the blue dome, a major 11 story office tower just being completed in the arts district (former WPX HQ), and then they'll break ground soon on a large apartment building in the blue dome next to the new tower, then a huge new infil lot development that will include a hotel, grocery store, and apartment building in the heart of downtown, and then there's the new 42 story tower plus other things that was announced as part of a RFP process just to the north of downtown that the city is backing. Also don't forget the new car vending machine/hotel/apartment thing on the southside of downtown.

And all that is just in the downtown area. Elsewhere across the metro there are new housing projects going up as fast as they can construct them. Finding labor and materials is basically the only thing hindering our growth rate. I work as a civil engineer in the land development industry and my small office is working on three neighborhood developments ourselves locally. Even outer boroughs like Sapulpa are expanding quickly with tons of new downtown stuff.

But getting back to that new complex that was just announced: wow, what a contrast. The Arrive hotel is beautiful and fits the character of the area so well. The garage is sorely needed and the lower levels look cool. The apartments look like crap. It's like they got to the apartments and ran out of time and went with some god awful 80's concept. I hope that design doesn't stick, but everything else does.
42 story office tower? Anyone have info on this?