Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Tulsa Development Summary

Default Re: Tulsa Development Summary

I think we're lucky to have two great cities in our state.

Blog Entries

The Tulsa World is just a little late on this. This hotel has been around awhile, just with little news. What’s happened now is they’ve finally filed their building permit and are about to start construction.

Here’s the hotel:

Here’s another project with new details. Wil Wilkins, who did the Atlas Life building Residence Inn Marriott at 5th and Boston and the Fairfield Inn in the Brady District is now doing 120 Brady Village across the street from Oneok Field at Archer and Elgin. The project has 18,000 sq ft of retail, 24,000 sq ft of office space and a 96 room Marriott Towneplace Suites. This project along with one due to start this summer by American Residential (Metro at Brady, Tribune Lofts, Philtower Lofts, Hartford Commons) and a Holiday Inn Express hotel by Anish (same company as the hotel above) will fill in the last of the area around Oneok Field.

The Cosmopolitan Apartments at Riverside is a brand new project from the Bomasada Group that did the Enclave at Brookside. It’s a 250 unit residential building at Denver and Riverside.

Last new project is The Ross Group is converting the long empty art deco International Harvester Building at 2nd and Frankfort into a new headquarters for the company. This project is already under construction and is directly across the street from the Urban 8 and Harford Commons residential projects under construction now.

That's great that the area around the ballpark is getting developed. Are there any renderings for the residential project by there? Will that be south of ONEOK Field? If so those residents will have awesome views.

Blog Entries

Yes, the block south of the ballpark is going to residential. It's owned by American Residential Group, they got the land from the Oneok Stadium Trust which will require them to do a quality project but there are no public renderings yet. They said this project would start construction mid year this year. American Residential has Hartford Commons under construction now in the Blue Dome area. They are also supposed to be in the superblock from 1st to 2nd and Elgin to Greenwood.

Southwest of Oneok will be the Holiday Inn Express that should start construction any time now and west will be the 120 Brady Village project. The last available lot near the ballpark is the lot on the southeast corner of Greenwood and Archer and that's slated for GreenArch II, but I have not heard any timeline on that yet. GreenArch's residential units are full but they still have some commercial space available.

The TransOk building is now under construction as well. Conversion to residential.

Blog Entries

Here's a rendering that was posted on TulsaNow of the superblock project. No idea how far along this project is but with an existing rendering, it's more than just a rumor. Again, this is 1st to 2nd and Elgin to Greenwood, right across the street from McNellie's and Albert G's.

Blog Entries

The cities of Tulsa, Bixby, Sand Springs and Jenks have completed a $300 million engineering plan for new dams in Sand Springs, Bixby, 106th and Riverside and to replace the dam at 31st and Riverside. Vote should be in the fall.

Engineers release cost estimates for Arkansas River infrastructure plans - Tulsa World: Government

Rivercity Development will be converting the Boston Building and Enterprise Building to residential.

Rivercity also owns the Philtower

A new project in the Brady District, half a block down the street from The Cain’s Ballroom. The Davenport Urban Lofts, a five story 8 unit condo building. Units are priced at $450k each.

This brings us to about 1500 new residential units, 750 new hotel rooms, 100k square feet of new retail and 300k square feet of new office space being developed now downtown in some 35 different projects, half of which are under construction.

Blog Entries

Kinslow Keith and Todd, the architecture firm behind the Tornado Tower say they have investors from around the world wanting to be part of the Tornado Tower, they are now actively scouting locations and believe there is a 70-80% chance they will get it done.

Investors worldwide are interested in the Tulsa Tornado Tower | KFOR.com

Proposed Tulsa Tornado Tower might actually happen | www.krmg.com

Part of me thinks that looks like the most ridiculous thing ever.....and part of me thinks it looks amazing.

Can you break those numbers down? From what I'm reading, OKC only has around 1300 under construction or proposed. Now Tulsa has 1500 proposed or uc

That is extremely impressive if that is the case.

As for the tornado tower, I'd much rather that he built in Norman, but good for Tulsa. They deserve it. Sad that a city like OKC smack dab known for tornados loses out because of lack of vision. I hope it gets built.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Can you break those numbers down? From what I'm reading, OKC only has around 1300 under construction or proposed. Now Tulsa has 1500 proposed or uc
    OKC has over 2,200 units under construction or proposed: Downtown Housing Summary - OKCTalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post

That is extremely impressive if that is the case.

As for the tornado tower, I'd much rather that he built in Norman, but good for Tulsa. They deserve it. Sad that a city like OKC smack dab known for tornados loses out because of lack of vision. I hope it gets built.
    1500 is actually understating it quite a bit.

Under Construction - 646 units
    Urban 8 – 8 Units
    Hartford Commons – 162 units
    Coliseum Apartments – 36 units
    Universal Ford/Fox Hotel – 31 apartments
    YMCA Lofts – 82 units
    Harrington Lofts – 24 units
    Transok Building – 37 units
    Adams Building – 56 units
    111th w 5th building – 90 units
    East End Village, 83 units

In Development - 707 units
    Village at Central Park – 60 units
    American Residential in Brady – 220 units, starts this summer
    Hartford Building – 90 units, Brickhugger Group
    Riverside Apartments – 240 units, Bomasada
    Davenport Urban Lofts – 8 units
    Village at Central Park – 60 units
    15th and Carson – 5 units
    Flats on Archer, 61 units, delayed
    Sager Lofts – 23 units, half finished and long delayed

Proposed - 600+
    GreenArch Phase II, unknown units
    400 Boston Building, unknown units
    Enterprise Building, 77 units
    American Residential in Blue Dome 500-600 units

Thanks for the breakdown. Didn't know about all of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    OKC has over 2,200 units under construction or proposed: Downtown Housing Summary - OKCTalk
    i see it now. I just read it wrong.

Not including 700 West or the two Clayco towers, OKC currently has 1690 united proposed or under construction. The two cities are pretty close on this with Tulsa slightly ahead. If you add in the Clayco towers (which are very uncertain at this time) OKC slightly edges out Tulsa. Economics though will ultimately determine what gets built. Tulsa isn't growing as fast as OKC and there will be a point where that becomes a factor. It will be interesting to see how this shapes up by 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    Tulsa isn't growing as fast as OKC and there will be a point where that becomes a factor. It will be interesting to see how this shapes up by 2020.
    Overall metro and city growth is higher in OKC however downtown and urban neighborhood population growth is probably pretty similar in both cities. Both have a lot of infill projects going up or planned in and near the city center.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    Not including 700 West or the two Clayco towers, OKC currently has 1690 united proposed or under construction. The two cities are pretty close on this with Tulsa slightly ahead. If you add in the Clayco towers (which are very uncertain at this time) OKC slightly edges out Tulsa. Economics though will ultimately determine what gets built. Tulsa isn't growing as fast as OKC and there will be a point where that becomes a factor. It will be interesting to see how this shapes up by 2020.
    My list and Swake's list are not comparable.

The list I linked is exact with official announcements, renderings and numbers of units. His list (not being critical, just drawing the distinction) is vague and approximate. I could add tons of things to the OKC list in the same vein, but that's not the purpose.

If you want to use the same standard, add at least a thousand more units to OKC and you can't subtract Clacyo, either, as you have no idea how solid anything on the Tulsa list may be.

Quote Originally Posted by Swake View Post
    Kinslow Keith and Todd, the architecture firm behind the Tornado Tower say they have investors from around the world wanting to be part of the Tornado Tower, they are now actively scouting locations and believe there is a 70-80% chance they will get it done.

Investors worldwide are interested in the Tulsa Tornado Tower | KFOR.com

Proposed Tulsa Tornado Tower might actually happen | www.krmg.com

Good freakin lord. I love this. It's a total gimmick building. What's not to love? This is the sort of building people drive to come see. I love me some Devon Tower, but I wouldn't drive out of my way to see it. I would for this. This is a destination building. I don't even care that it isn't coming to OKC. If it happens, I will drive to Tulsa routinely just to see it!

I'll believe it when I see a crane rising from the ground.

Blog Entries

My list and Swake's list are not comparable.

The list I linked is exact with official announcements, renderings and numbers of units. His list (not being critical, just drawing the distinction) is vague and approximate. I could add tons of things to the OKC list in the same vein, but that's not the purpose.

If you want to use the same standard, add at least a thousand more units to OKC and you can't subtract Clacyo, either, as you have no idea how solid anything on the Tulsa list may be.
    Often developers release renderings to build interest and funding. Sometimes it is the most solid projects that have the least early information out to the public.

Village at Central Park – 60 units. This is the long delayed completion of The Village at Central Park and a new developer has just purchased the rest of the lots to finish the project out. Most of the units are already built and occupied and have been for years. This is the last 60 units.

American Residential in Brady. American has announced this project will start mid this year, they haven’t named it or released any renderings but that’s kind how they work. They have never release more renderings of Hartford Commons since they took it over and Hartford Commons probably won’t be the final name there either and construction is under way there. The name and renderings are from when Eliot Nelson was the developer. American did the same thing with Metro At Brady, renderings didn’t really come out until after construction started and the name wasn’t final until it was almost time to occupy. In public it was The Tribune II building for years. American along with Brickhugger are the largest developers downtown and what they say they will build, they do. American actually just sold all their non-downtown developments for $90 million to raise money for new downtown projects.

Hartford Building. This is Brickhugger and they have city incentives in place for this project and an agreement with The Tulsa Development Authority. It’s very solid but they have a hotel and the YMCA Lofts under construction right and they don’t move overly fast. There are other pieces to this project as well, like office space and a possible Reasor’s store.

Riverside Apartments, Bomasada has just recently release renderings and purchased the land. They are a large company with a good track record in both Tulsa and Oklahoma City, they will do the project, they just haven’t announced a time line.

Davenport Urban Lofts. This is a very small project of for sale units, I’m sure it is as solid as the presales success will be. So who knows.

15th and Carson. The developer here is in a fight with the city and the neighborhood homeowners group over setback and style of the project, so while there certainly are renderings, they are in flux. This was the last proposal to the city:

Flats on Archer. There are renderings and it’s a great location. This is long delayed but according to the city of Tulsa, the developer is still on track.

Sager Lofts. The city sunk millions into this idiot and his building and he has spent millions. The retail on the first floor is finished and successful. The apartments above are close to complete but have sat in that state for years. It will get done someday, hopefully the city will foreclose and give it to someone else.

GreenArch phase II. The developer owns the land across the street from the very successful and larger GreenArch phase I and has said it will be phase II, but not when.

400 Boston and Enterprise Buildings just announced a residential conversion, this happened in the last month so little is known yet.

American Residential in Blue Dome. This is NOT a publicly known project but there are renderings and details that have leaked. See above on how American Residential doesn’t like to talk much.

Often developers release renderings to build interest and funding. Sometimes it is the most solid projects that have the least early information out to the public.
    Just to clarify, the projects on our downtown housing list are solid; as in official announcements, plans submitted for design review, etc. It's meant to reflect projects actually in some form of official process.

I have plenty of renderings and other info on projects that are not included on that list.

Blog Entries

Just to clarify, the projects on our downtown housing list are solid; as in official announcements, plans submitted for design review, etc. It's meant to reflect projects actually in some form of official process.

I have plenty of renderings and other info on projects that are not included on that list.
    Tulsa doesn't actually have a design review process outside of PUDs, zoning and adjustments.

I'm not getting the love for the Tornado building. It looks beyond stupid to me. I may be proven wrong, though. It may turn out to look totally cool. But from the rendering, it just looks stupid. It may be a destination but I would argue that it'd be a destination in the realm of seeing the world's third largest ball of twine.

And before anyone says that it's just OKC jealousy, I thought the pic was stupid before I realized it was supposed to be in Tulsa.

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    Overall metro and city growth is higher in OKC however downtown and urban neighborhood population growth is probably pretty similar in both cities. Both have a lot of infill projects going up or planned in and near the city center.
    Wasn't most of their metro growth last year redefining the boundary of the MSA?

Thread Information