twIraCw.jpg

Western Supply Mixed-Use Project:
    kLG0gMN.jpg

Otasco Retail/Rooftop Bar:
    i3uCHdM.jpg

WPX HQ:
    EKaIMtV.jpg

Default Re: Tulsa Development Summary

Last time I was downtown it looked like The View (6 story apartments) across from ONEOK Field was getting ready to start construction as well. That would be two 6 story buildings next to the ballpark, the 11 story WPX building and 8 story Davenport Lofts under construction in a four block radius. Are there any other renderings of the Western Supply mixed-use project?

There is also a proposed 5 story office building (GreenArch II) on Greenwood but I'm not sure of its current status. Nearby it looked like 111 Greenwood (4 story apartments) is also getting started.

Really looking forward to seeing the Bob Dylan Archive get moving sometime early next year, and the office building portion of Santa Fe Square.

3. Default Re: Tulsa Development Summary

Vast building has a nice tenant list. The French hen, an stablished fine dining south Tulsa staple, will be moving in.

The View is officially starting construction September 30. 6 stories, 198 units that will bookend the south side of the ballpark.

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    Brady & Detroit
    This is the exact kind of building I would love to see fill up Midtown from 4th to 8th, Broadway to Shartel, and the Strawberry fields area. These are the kinds of buildings that make a city feel bigger because it's not so large scale that you can't relate to it, but it's still really impressive when you come up next to it.

Great get for Tulsa!

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    This is the exact kind of building I would love to see fill up Midtown from 4th to 8th, Broadway to Shartel, and the Strawberry fields area. These are the kinds of buildings that make a city feel bigger because it's not so large scale that you can't relate to it, but it's still really impressive when you come up next to it.

Great get for Tulsa!
    From your lips to God’s ears! It’s a gorgeous project.

WPX had its official groundbreaking today even though site work has already started https://www.tulsaworld.com/business/...13f288bcc.html

Ground has been broken on four major projects in the last week or so: WPX HQ, OKPOP museum, Gilcrease Expressway, and The View (new apartments). There have been some historic building renovations that have quietly gotten started recently too. The fancy Davenport tower is starting to be noticeable as well. Lots of new housing coming to downtown.

I posted these pictures on TulsaNow and Skyscraperpage and figured I'd post here as well. I took these pics on the morning of Labor Day.

Newly renovated building at 3rd and Kenosha. Not sure if there is a tenant lined out for this or not.

Former KOTV building.

Back side of the new Hotel Indigo.

Here are several of the Vast Bank building.

The Flats on Archer.

Holiday Inn Express

And here's a few of the Cosmopolitan Apartments at Denver and Riverside.

Attached Images Attached Images

^

Very nice!

Thanks for sharing.

Yesterday a master plan was released for improving and expanding the Turkey Mountain Urban Wilderness Area. Plans call for additional trails in forested areas to the south and west, additional trailheads with parking lots and trail rehabilitation. If you've been to Turkey you know how bad the erosion is on some of the trails. There is also a pedestrian bridge proposed to connect to the east bank trails.

Great pictures! Great things are happening in Tulsa’s core and there’s still potential for so much more, partly because of how poor the planning was in the past. My only complaint is the entrance to Hotel Indigo, which is terribly designed for a suburban area.

Any timeline on that? Hopefully that happens.

Blog Entries

New mural in the East Village

Mixed-use development along with Route 66 Museum being eyed in Tulsa:

“ The city’s plan to build a Route 66 interpretive center and commercial complex across from Cyrus Avery Plaza could be changing — and in a big way.

Nick Doctor, chief of community development and policy for the city, said Thursday that the city is considering entering into a public-private partnership to construct a Route 66 museum on five acres near the Mother Road Market at 11th Street and Lewis Avenue as part of a larger mixed-use development.”

- https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/city...887e766e8.html

Here's a couple shots from last Friday:

Davenport is about halfway to full height at this point:

Otasco is really starting to take shape:

Elsewhere downtown:
    111 Greenwood (smaller 4 story office building) is off the ground, but still finishing up first floor.

There's a new piano bar coming next to Andolini's Pizza.

Ripley's sports bar is almost done.

DGX (dollar general urban convenience store) just had their soft opening, and apparently they carry a lot of produce and quick meal stuff, so it fills in a bit of the grocery need for downtown.

WPX headquarters is currently a giant pit in the ground, but construction is progressing rapidly.

The new OKPOP museum hasn't really started yet, probably waiting on Davenport to get out of the way.

The VAST bank HQ is just about done and ready for move-in.

Haven't gone by the Western Supply site in awhile, but didn't look like anything has gotten off the ground there yet. I still haven't even seen final renderings for that mystery project. I know there are several other affordable housing projects going on in older buildings in the heart of downtown, plus GKFF is busy with a bunch of other projects, so perhaps they are pumping the breaks on this one for the time being.

Blog Entries

111 Greenwood is actually apartments with retail on the first floor

Some other projects:
    The View at Greenwood is now under construction
    The Adams Building and Reunion Building's conversion to lofts continue
    The Convention Center's rebuild of the old arena into more convention space with a new two story glass entrance area is under construction
    The Sooner Federal Building's conversion into a Hyatt Place is ongoing as well.

HangryHippo Guest

Are there pictures of these developments anywhere?

Which ones do you want? I'll be in Tulsa for a few days and I can try to snap any requests.

Blog Entries

111 Greenwood

The View at Greenwood

The Adams Building

Reunion Building

The Convention Center construction

The Sooner Federal Building/Hyatt Place

Western Supply is a mixed-use project being developed by GKFF at Cameron & Boulder in the Arts District

SO much going on in the Arts District. Very exciting!

Blog Entries

Davenport Urban Lofts, Tulsa
    Appears to have 8 stories with 9 to possibly 10 levels. Gives off a spectacular glow before sunrise. Construction has started as the building has topped off (below).

Center of the Universe Bridge set to undergo a nice renovation.

https://tulsaworld.com/news/local/ce...me-top-story-1

WPX still going to happen if merger goes through? That building is substantial and beautiful - would be a shame to see it go away because of the merger.

Thread Information