Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 20 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tulsa Development Summary

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Tulsa Development Summary

Well, feel free to add or start one of your own. I will post with what I know, but as I don't live there, I'm sure I will miss a couple things. I'll start on it here in a little bit.

Default Re: Tulsa Development Summary

Well, I'll take a shot at it.

Gathering Place Park

World Class 80 Acre Park | $350 Million | Under-construction | Completion: Early 2017

Margaritaville resort

27 Story Hotel | 483 Rooms | $329 Million | Under-Construction | Completion: Late 2016

Costco

Oklahoma's First Costco | $22 Million | Completion: Late 2015

The Outlet Shoppes at Tulsa

90 Different Retailers | $80 Million | Proposed

Pop Culture Museum

75,000 SF Museum about Pop Culture | $115 Million Dollars(Est.) | 4 Stories | Proposed

Central Library

48 Million Dollar Renovation | Under-Construction | Completion

Tulsa County Juvenile Justice Center at Archer and Elwood

$45 Million | Under-Construction| Completion: Early-Mid 2016

River West Festival Park

Little Park Getting a Large 5.6 Million Dollar Overhaul | Under-Construction | Complete Late 2015

Unit Corp HQ

New 50 Million Dollar HQ | Under-Construction | Complete Early 2016

Hogan Assessments HQ

$15 Million Mixed-Use Building | Under-Construction | Completion: Mid-Late 2015

Vanita Service Plaza Renovations

Getting a $15 Million Renovation | Under-Construction | Completion: Late 2014

I hope Swake and Jake don't mind, I 'stole' some of their posts.

Well, I didn't completely finish, I am too tired, but will finish tomorrow unless others want to pitch in.

4. Default Re: Tulsa Development Summary

oh yes. this is what I was talking about. Good job Plu, now hopefully our Tulsa friends in the know can expand and keep this up to date.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

If anyone gets a chance, throw some of the downtown housing devs on here.

Blog Entries

Ok, here's a new one.

This is a rumor from Lost Tulsa.

Trader Joes is going in Brookside between 37th and 38th across the street from KJRH, Channel 2. This would take out a number of small 1940s era somewhat art deco-ish store fronts and probably a few houses. The store fronts on Peoria include a cool old converted gas station and a strip center with boutiques and little shops. To my knowledge the buildings are all full.

Here is the view from 37th Street.

https://www.google.com/maps/@36.1094...d5RpzugNHQ!2e0

The buildings really aren't much, but, they also aren't new cookie cutter development, they are built to the street and the stores are all local and unique. I guarantee the Brookside Neighborhood Association will fight this if true. The location make sense, it’s just four blocks from Whole Foods and Reasor’s planned new more upscale store concept.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Swake View Post
    Ok, here's a new one.

This is a rumor from Lost Tulsa.

Trader Joes is going in Brookside between 37th and 38th across the street from KJRH, Channel 2. This would take out a number of small 1940s era somewhat art deco-ish store fronts and probably a few houses. The store fronts on Peoria include a cool old converted gas station and a strip center with boutiques and little shops. To my knowledge the buildings are all full.

Here is the view from 37th Street.

https://www.google.com/maps/@36.1094...d5RpzugNHQ!2e0

The buildings really aren't much, but, they also aren't new cookie cutter development, they are built to the street and the stores are all local and unique. I guarantee the Brookside Neighborhood Association will fight this if true. The location make sense, it’s just four blocks from Whole Foods and Reasor’s planned new more upscale store concept.
    Confirmation that the businesses are being forced out
    Some Brookside businesses forced to move | www.fox23.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by andrewmperry View Post
    If anyone gets a chance, throw some of the downtown housing devs on here.
    I did a post on downtown housing and another on hotels and other developments on the Tulsa v OKC thread, but I can't move them over here.

East Village The Next 'Hot Spot' For Tulsa Developers - NewsOn6.com

This short video gives a good update on development in the East End.

Pluto - Vinita

Where are Unit Corp and Hogan Assessments? The latter of which looks cool, and downtown-ish? Might not be a bad idea to include the nearest arterial road so that us OKC people can get our bearings straight (like an 11th, 21st, 31st, Lewis, Yale, etc)

Teh outlet mall looks cool, but they forgot the teepees. How will people driving past know it's either an outlet mall or a Denver Intl Airport?

I believe the Hogan Assesments building is at 1st and Greenwood.

Blog Entries

Hogan is at 1st and Greenwood. The Hogan building, Urban 8 and Hartford Commons are groups pretty close together.

Unit is going in at US-75 and 81st, on the northwest side of the interchange. It's just across the highway from Tulsa Hills.

Weird. SW Tulsa seems to be booming.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Yes. That area is in Jenks Schools and has a lot of land to develop.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    South Bixby and Jenks are both growing very quickly. A lot of people from south Bixby will drive to SW Tulsa as opposed to the area from 101st to 71st and Memorial to shop. There are also several neighborhoods and apartment complexes going up around the immediate area.

Quote Originally Posted by ZYX2 View Post
    South Bixby and Jenks are both growing very quickly. A lot of people from south Bixby will drive to SW Tulsa as opposed to the area from 101st to 71st and Memorial to shop. There are also several neighborhoods and apartment complexes going up around the immediate area.
    10 years ago there was literally nothing around 71st & 75, and 71st was just a two lane street with stop signs. I think the area will continue to grow. As mentioned it's Jenks schools but in Tulsa city limits with easy access to south Tulsa across the river, Jenks to the south and to downtown via 75. Turkey Mtn access is also a plus.

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    10 years ago there was literally nothing around 71st & 75, and 71st was just a two lane street with stop signs. I think the area will continue to grow. As mentioned it's Jenks schools but in Tulsa city limits with easy access to south Tulsa across the river, Jenks to the south and to downtown via 75. Turkey Mtn access is also a plus.
    I've always spent a lot of time in west Tulsa, and remember how it was before Tulsa Hills, or really much of anything was there. That area has exploded in the last few years. Highway 75 is definitely getting busy now from 151st street northward, and I really wish something would be done about the stoplight at 141st. It backs up a ton during rush hour.

Boy, Tulsa is getting a lot of cool things, the last time I been to Tulsa has been almost 9 years, I got a friend that lives up that way, and she's told me about some things, I think maybe I will be taking a trip up there soon, its been too long since I been there.

71st street is a cluster now. Always seems extremely busy when I go there.

Renovation of a building for office and a brewpub across from ONEOK Field. Looks pretty cool!

Gates Hardware begins transformation to brewpub and offices near ONEOK Field - Tulsa World: Real Estate

Blog Entries

Hartford Commons is now pushing dirt around so it looks like it's started.

The Coliseum Apartments are now under construction as well.

New bakery, prairie artisan ales brew pub, a speak easy, office space, and apartments going in to renovated building in Brady district. Thanks Mr. kaiser, we owe ya. This is big time.

Kaiser Foundation to renovate two Brady District buildings for bakery, apartments, restaurants, pub - Tulsa World: Real Estate

Here's another interesting one.
    This is actual suggesting a multi-story (low rise) hotel will be built essentially connected to or on the same block (not sure how, probably will take out the parking lot on the south side of the Cimarex) as the Cimarex and Northwest Mutual buildings, putting it right in front of the BOK Center.

Tulsa Developer: Booming Downtown In Need Of New Hotels - NewsOn6.com - Tulsa, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports - KOTV.com |

6700253_G.jpg

As we continue to see downtown Tulsa re-take it's former glory, we'll see more and more people wanting to actually stay in downtown.
    Naturally, we face a chicken or the egg scenario in regard to additional retail, restaurants, and entertainment. Right now, both residential and hotel development seem to be keeping even pace with retail/entertainment/food. Probably a good balance right now as we test the markets and districts around downtown out.

I don't believe any of us can stress the importance for both Tulsa and OKC to keep this momentum going. These developments are healthy for each city and our state as a whole.

Massive new Hartford Commons apartment complex begins construction in Tulsa's East Village - Tulsa World: Homepage1

So far, the majority of new living options in downtown Tulsa have come through the renovation of older buildings.

That’s not the case with Hartford Commons. When finished approximately 14 months from now, the new building being constructed at 215 S. Greenwood Ave. will add a whopping 162 apartment units to the East Village portion of downtown.
    Another Elliott Nelson project. He seems to be everywhere.

Thread Information