Widgets Magazine
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Tulsa Development Summary

Blog Entries

Default Re: Tulsa Development Summary

Well, the election is in two weeks, we will see what happens.

I was running through the Brady District today and the new Marshall's brewpub looks incredible. Its going to be an amazing space that'll be another really popular addition to the Brady District.

Blog Entries

Promise Hotels has been working on a project to convert the Oil and Gas Journal building into a 100 room Hilton Garden Inn by adding several floors to the existing buildings seen here:

Here's the original project:

The project has grown and is adding in 50 residences. That takes the building from a proposed 7 stories to 15 and from 160,000 square feet to over 300,000. Now it really doesn't look like they are going to incorporate much (if any) of the Oil and Gas Journal building.

This is located one block east of the BOK Center at 2nd and Cheyenne. Promise Hotels is currently building a Hampton Inn right across the street from this project and is also working on a Holiday Inn Express in the Brady District.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Swake View Post
    The Meridia is now under construction. It's the conversion of the existing Enterprise Building into apartments. There will be 70 apartments and 9100 square feet of retail space. The apartments should start to be available this fall.
    Existing Building:

Rendering of completed building:
    Here's the website for this building and the facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/themeridia/?fref=ts
    Meridia - Urban. Luxury. Living. Downtown Tulsa, Oklahoma

They are now saying units will be available this summer

Tulsa World Article:
    Long-underused Enterprise Building to become home to high-end apartments - Tulsa World: Real Estate

The Meridia: Apartments, retail open this summer
    Long-underused Enterprise Building to become home to high-end apartments

The Enterprise Building, 522 S. Boston Ave., is tall, dark and far from handsome, according to Jim Hawkins.
    “I call it the Darth Vader building,” said Hawkins, managing member of River City Development. “… You didn’t notice that building because it’s black. It goes away.”
    Thanks to River City, it is coming back.
    The company announced Tuesday that it is transforming the structure, which has sat virtually unoccupied for more than 20 years, into a residential destination in the Deco District.
    The Meridia will include 93 primarily one- and two-bedroom apartments, 88 of which will include open-air balconies. On the first level of the nine-story building will be 9,750 square feet of retail space, Hawkins said.
    First occupancy in the renovation, which is projected to cost $10 million, is scheduled this summer.
    “We kind of think the Brady District’s in pretty good shape,” Hawkins, developer and general contractor for The Meridia LLC, said during a recent interview in his Philtower Building office. “There’s a guy named George Kaiser with $10 billion. He kind of brought that back. But if you’re interested in hearing church bells instead of train whistles, you might be more interested in coming here.”
    The Enterprise Building was constructed in 1954 to help ease the shortage of multitenant office space in downtown Tulsa. An extra floor, the ninth, was added later because of strong demand for office space.
    Redevelopment of the property has been difficult over the decades, Hawkins said, because a new exterior to the building was installed in the early 1980s, making it ineligible for historic preservation credits. Aesthetics also have played a role, Hawkins said.
    “It is a derelict building that is in a great location,” he said. “… The reason nobody’s in it is that it’s black. It absorbs heat.”
    That is why The Meridia will have a slew of patios, which will be five feet deep and about 100 square feet, he said.
    “That’s big enough for a chair and a grill,” Hawkins said.
    The one- and two-bedroom apartments (one three-bedroom will be available) will range from about 710 square feet to 1,555 square feet and start at $1,099 per month. Energy-efficient gas will power such appliances as stove tops, water heaters and clothes dryers.
    In January, The Meridia was approved for six-year property-tax abatements under a state tax-incentive program.
    The six-year abatements, which go into effect once the project is completed, would cover the added value of improvements to the property. Existing taxes continue to be paid during the abatement period, and the property goes on the tax rolls at the full amount when the abatement expires.

The Hilton Garden Inn about has me drooling. That is going to be a seriously cool project for downtown. And it will be adding additional height in that immediate cluster. So cool.

I like it, but we need to start getting some better hotel flags in Oklahoma. This would have made a cool Hyatt or a Four Seasons.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I like it, but we need to start getting some better hotel flags in Oklahoma. This would have made a cool Hyatt or a Four Seasons.
    I don't know if we are ready for a Four Seasons yet and the Williams Center Hyatt Regency is just two blocks from this hotel.

Might be true. But I think Tulsa could easily support something like a Ritz Carlton, Dream Hotel, Park Hyatt, or something of the like.

A Dream Hotel would be really cool also. I think there is a new hotel called the Virgin Hotel which I've heard is a cool trendy place.

9. Default Re: Tulsa Development Summary

NYC oyster bar coming to brookside. Definitely nothing like this in Tulsa at the moment.

New York City raw oyster bar Virgola to come to Brookside in June - Tulsa World: Retail

Wow. Good for Tulsa!

There are currently only two locations in New York and three coming soon: New York, Florida, and Tulsa. That's some good company to be in.

There's S&J Oyster Bar off of 1st St. right down from Rib Crib. But this sounds neat.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TU 'cane View Post
    There's S&J Oyster Bar off of 1st St. right down from Rib Crib. But this sounds neat.
    S&J's is a Cajun seafood house, not really the same thing.

Going to be some good restaurants in that area. Is Pappadeaux still set to build there as well?

14. Default Re: Tulsa Development Summary

Going to be some good restaurants in that area. Is Pappadeaux still set to build there as well?
    I live nearby and haven't seen anything about them coming in around here. Would make more sense for them to go in near Tulsa Hills if the are going to be in West GTulsa since there isn't much left on brookside to fill in for their size(unless they tear something down).

Blog Entries

I haven't heard anything about Pappadeaux coming to Tulsa. I like them but the only locations I have ever been to have been huge suburban locations with a sea of parking or in an airport. I can't see them going in somewhere downtown and there's no room for something like that in Brookside. Maybe they have more urban stores but I haven't seen them.

I heard from several people that a Pappadeaux was going to Tulsa but I don't know how far along they are. They posted building permits for OKC like TWO YEARS AGO and still haven't moved.

That is true about the urban thing. I am not sure if I have ever seen an urban location yet. The closest thing to it I know of is inside of the George Bush Intercontinental Airport in Houston.

BTW I still intend on completing to Google Maps Development for Tulsa. I have had almost no time as I barely have had time to help with the OKC one. Will try and get the ball rolling on it Tuesday. This thread is a great resource to help me with it. I encourage anyone else to help me with it. Once it really has a lot, I'm going to lock it and only allow certain people who ask so some troll doesn't go and mess it up.

Blog Entries

Might be true. But I think Tulsa could easily support something like a Ritz Carlton, Dream Hotel, Park Hyatt, or something of the like.

A Dream Hotel would be really cool also. I think there is a new hotel called the Virgin Hotel which I've heard is a cool trendy place.
    Part of what will keep anything like those opening soon is that Tulsa’s new largest hotel is opening this fall. Margaritaville will have 483 rooms passing the Hyatt Regency downtown and the Hard Rock which oddly both have exactly 454 rooms.

Tulsa’s main convention hotel, the DoubleTree downtown, is the next largest with 417 rooms.

I completely forgot about the Margaritaville hotel. That will certainly have an impact for some time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Swake View Post
    PAC Trust has selected a developer for the parking lot east of the PAC. Indianapolis-based firm Flaherty and Collins proposed a development that includes parking, apartments and a new downtown Reasor's store.

PAC Trustees, Developer Continue Talks To Transform Downtown Par - NewsOn6.com - Tulsa, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports - KOTV.com |
    The Tulsa Performing Arts Center Trust has approved the sale of their parking lot this project, but are retaining control over the design to ensure they are happy with what is built.

The East Village/Blue Dome area is going to be literally transformed in the next year or two (or three ). The map below is a quick representation of JUST new construction occurring now or recently completed (green) or will in the future (yellow). All but Hogan are adding significant rooftops to the area as well. This is going to really connect those districts in a significant way. Will make the walk to the ballpark all that more pleasant as well.

East Village.JPG

24. Default Re: Tulsa Development Summary

So. Many. Parking. Lots.

How incredible would that area be if they were all filled in?

Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    So. Many. Parking. Lots.

How incredible would that area be if they were all filled in?
    In time, in time...
    Just look over the past few pages and you'll see many are being filled in with quality developments. It will get to the point soon where Tulsa will be building as many parking garages in place of them to keep up with the demand as OKC is

But in all seriousness, downtown Tulsa, or specifically the East side as mentioned above, is going to look completely different. In fact it more or less already is different just from the current projects going on. I still think here in the next few years (and longer) we'll see Tulsa's population stay on track and maybe have an uptick or two as more young people decide to stay since Tulsa will actually have urban places to live and more amenities. Tulsa won't be as bad as it's been perceived by the younger gens for so many years. And I also think the Gathering Place park will also greatly contribute to that.

And I'm glad the PAC is moving forward. Let's hope their taste meets our standards and they actually approve an excellent project that brings in that area.

Thread Information