Widgets Magazine
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Tulsa Development Summary

Default Re: Tulsa Development Summary

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Good lord. These projects will continue downtown Tulsa's transformation.
    Definitely, and it's not even an exhaustive list. Some of those developments have been done for awhile, while others have sprung up. I just noticed that the buildings at ~ 624 E 4th St are under redevelopment. Someone posted a rendering here: http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index....6990#msg326990 Plus there's another building at 222 S Kenosha Ave that flew under the radar with a redevelopment that extends the East Village more solidly down that street. Just lots of little holes being filled.

The really transformative projects are the Santa Fe Square and PAC lot, but they seem to be taking forever to get to reality. There is a sign for pre-leasing a new small tower on the N corner of the Santa Fe lot, but no other sign of life. As for the PAC lot, I've heard things are moving on the infrastructure end, but nothing firm about actually seeing progress.

It seems like there is something proposed for almost every block in the DT area, but the abundance of proposals causes something of a log jam. The new hotels and apartment buildings are built one by one instead of all at once because developers seem to be afraid of flooding the market too quickly. Personally, I think we're ready to step things up.

Why is the Santa Fe Square still held up? I thought that was supposed to start over a year ago. I understand why the grocery store development was held up.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Why is the Santa Fe Square still held up? I thought that was supposed to start over a year ago. I understand why the grocery store development was held up.
    It’s a big project that is being done in phases. The Indigo Hotel was the first phase and opened last fall. The next phase includes the two office buildings and parking garage. The final phase is the residential which is being co-developed by ARG which is currently building The View across from ONEOK Field.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    This is a really good summary of all the Tulsa projects going on. Didn't know most of these were happening:

https://www.tulsaworld.com/business/...f1d07b.html#18
    A couple of things that aren't on that list are The Bob Dylan Archives which should start construction later this year and The Hanson Brothers Brewery, which has been said to still be a year or two out. The site of the brewery will be the staging area for the Davenport Lofts which has just started construction so the brewery can't start until that building is done.

So in a couple of years Tulsa's Arts District will have the Woody Guthrie Center, the Bob Dylan Archives and a Hanson mmHops Brewery.

It's a strange world.

Mixed-used development coming to the East Village.

https://www.tulsaworld.com/business/...183ff103a.html

WPX just announced plans to build headquarters @ 222 N. Detroit. I presume where Spaghetti Warehouse currently sits.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    WPX just announced plans to build headquarters @ 222 N. Detroit. I presume where Spaghetti Warehouse currently sits.
    Yes it's the full block next to Guthrie Green. The only rendering I've seen:

HangryHippo Guest

Only 11 stories, 50% brick, meh...

So is this a "gonna happen" thing, or is it like gonna happen like OG&E gonna happen.

This is a huge deal. Together with the new Vast Bank HQ almost next door, this represents a ton of corporate level jobs staying and growing in Tulsa. This fills in empty lots and vacant buildings and ties two districts together with the addition of hundreds of new people who will be active in the area every day. I know a lot of younger people who get recruited here will want to get nearby apartments. It's an awesome win for our downtown.

Feels like some solid momentum for Tulsa really starting to get moving here.

Brady & Detroit

HangryHippo Guest

That is VERY sharp!!

F@ck yeah! Tulsa really needs a taller modern building like Devon in their downtown and I think it would really compliment everything that has been happening there.

Meanwhile, most on here are pissing and moaning about a hotel. I hate the critics of EVERYTHING OKC does. This is a great building, but if it were here, we'd be pissed because it isn't tall enough.

Honestly, I'm from OKC and I'm very impressed. One thing Tulsa does that i wish OKC would is take notes in the style of architecture when it comes to new builds. This is a great example! Congrats!

They built commercial space at ground level of their actual office building. This tiny little thing that is apparently impossible to include in project other than parking garages in parking garage meccas.

Tulsa doesn't have to look far for an example with Griffin HQ caddy corner from this lot across the street from probably the best small park in the state.

WPX for the win.

18. Default Re: Tulsa Development Summary

just heard on the news that they only drill in other states, so the fact they are staying in oklahoma is BIG. they said they looked hard at Houston, but decided to stay here. Nice!

It also said the complex will consist of a few buildings between 6-11 floors. So it sounds like htey could have built higher, but chose not too. There will also be a green space, and it will be facing the greenwood district.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    So is this a "gonna happen" thing, or is it like gonna happen like OG&E gonna happen.
    Construction starts now. They already have fencing up and equipment on site for demo and site work.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner.Arch View Post
    Honestly, I'm from OKC and I'm very impressed. One thing Tulsa does that i wish OKC would is take notes in the style of architecture when it comes to new builds. This is a great example! Congrats!
    Not always. Never forget this monstrosity:

Quote Originally Posted by Swake View Post
    Not always. Never forget this monstrosity:
    Yeah I'm ecstatic. But...this is hopefully going to happen as the renders portray it. Right? I'm hoping it won't turn into another sterile stucco hospital looking building like above. I remember when the renderings for that building looked amazing.

^I don't see them pulling a switcheroo on us with this one. Construction is basically already started, and these renderings and associated details have been widely publicized. They have to move in by 2022, so there's no time to redesign even if they wanted to.

Blog Entries

The Spaghetti Warehouse building is now gone.

^ That was quick!

In addition to this tower the Arts District also has The View apartments starting later this summer. 6 stories, 198 units across from ONEOK Field at Archer & Elgin

Also planned to start within the next year in the area is the Bob Dylan Archive at Archer & Boston and OK Pop Museum across from Cain’s Ballroom. GKFF is also planning more residential development on Boulder.

Good for Tulsa. WPX is their largest E&P by market cap and has acreage in the two best shale plays (Permian and bakken), big win to keep them.

Thread Information