Widgets Magazine
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Tulsa Development Summary

Default Re: Tulsa Development Summary

New rendering of the Santa Fe office anchor building: http://commercialoklahoma.com/commer...ood-ave-tulsa/

It's now 10-12 stories, but more of a generic cold design with too much emphasis on the parking garage... same old story I guess. On one hand though, it takes out an empty parking lot. On the other, it's perhaps the most prime real estate downtown being across from the blue dome in arguably the most hopping Tulsa entertainment district. Better have some good retail/food spaces on the bottom at least.

Also, Bob Dylan Archives building plan is taking shape. I don't care for the apparent industrial design, but having the museum will be cool: http://www.tulsaworld.com/scene/arts...2b2cff543.html

Quote Originally Posted by shavethewhales View Post
    New rendering of the Santa Fe office anchor building: http://commercialoklahoma.com/commer...ood-ave-tulsa/

It's now 10-12 stories, but more of a generic cold design with too much emphasis on the parking garage... same old story I guess. On one hand though, it takes out an empty parking lot. On the other, it's perhaps the most prime real estate downtown being across from the blue dome in arguably the most hopping Tulsa entertainment district. Better have some good retail/food spaces on the bottom at least.

Also, Bob Dylan Archives building plan is taking shape. I don't care for the apparent industrial design, but having the museum will be cool: http://www.tulsaworld.com/scene/arts...2b2cff543.html
    That rendering shows 1st & Greenwood, isn't the anchor office building at 2nd & Elgin? Looks like there are two office buildings planned for Santa Fe Square:

Yup, it is 1st and Greenwood. I assumed it was 2nd and Elgin when I first saw it. We've been discussing it on the Tulsa forums.

It's actually a huge upgrade over the initial plans, which was just the corner of a parking garage. Having a bit of height on that side of downtown will be really interesting. Plus the new Hogan HQ is awesome, and the new phase 2 of the greenwood project down the street... it's a neat area and it's going to be a lot better.

HangryHippo Guest

Yup, it is 1st and Greenwood. I assumed it was 2nd and Elgin when I first saw it. We've been discussing it on the Tulsa forums.

It's actually a huge upgrade over the initial plans, which was just the corner of a parking garage. Having a bit of height on that side of downtown will be really interesting. Plus the new Hogan HQ is awesome, and the new phase 2 of the greenwood project down the street... it's a neat area and it's going to be a lot better.
    What Tulsa forums? I'd like to take a looksie.

Planned for Greenwood in addition to this tower:
    GreenArch II one block to the north

Hartford Commons across the street

Existing new projects on Greenwood:
    GreenArch apartments at Greenwood & Archer

Hogan Assessments HQ at the opposite corner of 1st & Greenwood

Greenwood Historic District north of Archer

6. Default Re: Tulsa Development Summary

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    What Tulsa forums? I'd like to take a looksie.
    tulsanow.org. It’s active but not like here.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by soonerfan_in_okc View Post
    tulsanow.org. It’s active but not like here.
    Thanks!

More renovations coming to the East Village area of downtown along 4th Street to include coworking and retail space. Part of a larger redevelopment of the former NORDAM property.

This is a New Urbanist community that is in the planning stages for an undeveloped area of northwest Tulsa, about 2 miles from downtown. Reminds me of Carlton Landing and Wheeler Park.

Quote Originally Posted by Swake View Post
    A lot of that land is owned/controlled by OSU. And they have been extremely slow in developing it and TDA is now trying to get it back.
    TDA will be selling a good chunk of this land to private developers as part of an agreement with UCAT signed last week. Basically everything west of MLK adjacent to Brady Heights and the Arts District will be slated for residential development. OSU keeps the land around its Greenwood campus and Langston will get the land around its campus north of OSU.

Blog Entries

Some interesting new renderings up on the Flaherty & Collins website:

Awesome development for Downtown Tulsa. Pics from SXSW TulsaNow Forum.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Some interesting new renderings up on the Flaherty & Collins website:

Awesome development for Downtown Tulsa. Pics from SXSW TulsaNow Forum.
    This is the project on the Tulsa PAC parking lot that was approved last year.

Blog Entries

Thought this was new?

How many storeys is that? Will this be starting soon?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    How many storeys is that? Will this be starting soon?

Philtower, Tulsa

The rendering shows 21 stories. With average apartment floor plates of 10-15 ft it would likely be in the 200-300ft range (the Philtower is 323 ft.)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Thought this was new?
    No, it's new image of this project, Reasors pulled out, it looks like they were replaced with a hotel and the residential building went more vertical.

The TIF is approved, we'd all like to know when this will start. And the residential/office sections of Santa Fe Square a block away.

It's probably mostly about not flooding the market. American Residential's The Edge complex finished recently, Archer Flats just finished this month, Bomasada's The Cosmopolitan is maybe half done, American Residential is supposed to start The View at Greenwood any time now. Those along with all the building conversions into residential adding two more big complexes right now would risk flooding the market and collapsing prices.

The Edge -

18. Default Re: Tulsa Development Summary

looks like an attempt to compete with OKC's convention "district" Core2Shore.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

A few Tulsa downtown and midtown updates not being discussed in other threads like the Tulsa Club Hotel that recently opened, Vast Bank HQ that is under construction across from ONEOK Field and Phase II of the Gathering Place that will include a new pedestrian bridge and children's museum.

Tulsa Performing Arts Center renovation/expansion proposal

The View apartments next to ONEOK Field is under construction

Village Flats under construction in the Pearl District

Davenport Lofts starting construction later this year in the Arts District

Phase II of the West Park residential development just started in Kendall-Whittier near TU

Construction wrapping up on the Cosmopolitan along Riverside

The Knoll at Maple Ridge proposed for 18th & Boston - outdoor dining and retail along the Midland Valley trail that connects to the Gathering Place

New office/retail building under construction across from Utica Square

This is a really good summary of all the Tulsa projects going on. Didn't know most of these were happening:

https://www.tulsaworld.com/business/...f1d07b.html#18

Thanks for the update. Where is the the Knoll at Maple Ridge proposed for 18th & Boston going exactly? The empty lot behind where the brewery was?

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    This is a really good summary of all the Tulsa projects going on. Didn't know most of these were happening:

https://www.tulsaworld.com/business/...f1d07b.html#18
    Good lord. These projects will continue downtown Tulsa's transformation.

[hr][/hr]
    Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Thanks for the update. Where is the the Knoll at Maple Ridge proposed for 18th & Boston going exactly? The empty lot behind where the brewery was?
    I don't know how to post pics of it, so I will do my best to describe it:

It will be on the north side of E 18th Street, between Boston and Cincinnati. There are telephone poles and a biking/jogging trail. Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    [hr][/hr]

I don't know how to post pics of it, so I will do my best to describe it:

It will be on the north side of E 18th Street, between Boston and Cincinnati. There are telephone poles and a biking/jogging trail. Hope that helps.
    Yep it is currently a gravel parking lot accessed via the alley. The developer intends to keep a lot of the big trees along the trail with seating areas connected to it, similar to Katy Trail Ice House in Dallas. The trail connects to the Gathering Place 3/4 mile to the south and will go over the river on a new pedestrian bridge that will start construction later this year:

Looking southwest toward the PSO plant

Looking west from where the city is building a whitewater flume next to the shoreline along the Gathering Place

Thread Information