Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: West Village

Blog Entries

Default Re: 21c Museum Hotel

disappointed about the demos

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    disappointed about the demos
    Yeah, those are my favorite kind of buildings in OKC that were once widespread and often contiguous. They strike me as something that would really contribute to the rejuvenation of this side of town.

Do we know what they plan on putting in place of the demoed buildings?

Blog Entries

I suspect and fear surface parking for the concert venue

5. Default Re: 21c Museum Hotel

I wouldn't think so. According to plans released for 901 W Sheridan, renderings and site plans hint at 3-5 story infill for that lot, perhaps a mixture of residential and retail.

Pete has posted those in the 901 thread and Steve also wrote a story with the same pictures on newsok.

Blog Entries

ah, missed that

So how do we demo these buildings without knowing? Does it just not even matter at this point?

Keep the metal bldg but tear down the brick ones.. Pete, any chance it's the other way around? That would make more sense..

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    So how do we demo these buildings without knowing? Does it just not even matter at this point?

Keep the metal bldg but tear down the brick ones.. Pete, any chance it's the other way around? That would make more sense..
    Everything on this block would be torn down but the two red-brick buildings on the far right. This has been the plan since I reported it months ago:

Blog Entries

The nearer buildings in that photo (that I like) are West-most I thought. Was I just confused (likely) about which were getting demoed?

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    The nearer buildings in that photo (that I like) are West-most I thought. Was I just confused (likely) about which were getting demoed?
    Sorry, I may have mis-stated.

The buildings in green are the only ones that were ever going to stay:

This area would be perfect for a development similar to West 7th Street in Fort Worth. West 7th Property | Fort Worth, Texas

Google West DT Fort Worth or West 7th Street. Pretty great stuff they have going on.

All the apartment include parking but none of it is on the street front. All is wedged between the development. DT Fort Worth is one of my favorite places and has a TON our leadership can learn from. Basically if we hasn't destroyed 80% of our DT over the year our street life/retail/development could be on par with DT Fort Worth. If you haven't been I highly recommend you visiting.

Quote Originally Posted by sroberts24 View Post
    This area would be perfect for a development similar to West 7th Street in Fort Worth. West 7th Property | Fort Worth, Texas

Google West DT Fort Worth or West 7th Street. Pretty great stuff they have going on.

All the apartment include parking but none of it is on the street front. All is wedged between the development. DT Fort Worth is one of my favorite places and has a TON our leadership can learn from. Basically if we hasn't destroyed 80% of our DT over the year our street life/retail/development could be on par with DT Fort Worth. If you haven't been I highly recommend you visiting.
    The best difference is that film row and the CBD are connected and not separated by a river like DT FTW and West 7th. It should make for some great continuity that is much more difficult for FTW.

West 7th is really large and well done. I've been over there a bunch of times. My one complaint is that the development feels too sterile, too clean. It just goes to show that some old building stock and grit complement new developments like West 7th. Having said that, it'd be great to get something like it.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    West 7th is really large and well done. I've been over there a bunch of times. My one complaint is that the development feels too sterile, too clean. It just goes to show that some old building stock and grit complement new developments like West 7th. Having said that, it'd be great to get something like it.
    I agree with the sentiment that it feels too sterile and clean, but hey you've gotta start somewhere!...it would be great if those new construction buildings were mixed-in right next to the Montgomery Ward redevelopment....that would be a great mix of new/old.

Default Re: Film Row General Thread

Steve's update on this area.

http://www.oklahoman.com/article/542...tails%20emerge

New plans being submitted this week to the Downtown Design Review Committee indicate developers are moving forward with efforts to build a dense mix of housing and retail surrounding the historic Fred Jones Assembly Plant.
    The newest plans show the facades of two decades-old brick warehouses at Classen and Sheridan also will be retained as the base for some of the apartments and garage parking.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Film Row Housing.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	16.7 KB 
ID:	10906  

Default Re: Hall Capital

Fantastic

Posting this link again since it got cut off by the page break.

Flipping cool project:

OKCTalk - Detailed plans revealed for Residences at 21c on Film Row

19. Default Re: Hall Capital

Wow, really excited to see all of these projects popping up! Can't wait to see what this area looks like over the next few years.

20. Default Re: Hall Capital

Game changer!
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

This area needs a future streetcar spur, or whatever they call it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bits_Of_Real_Panther View Post
    This area needs a future streetcar spur, or whatever they call it.
    Meh…they can walk to/from the street-car.

Yassssss!!!!

Pete, do you know if there are any plans to redo the alley between the development and the 21c? I would think something like what the did in midtown between Packards and The Garage would work well.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Pete, do you know if there are any plans to redo the alley between the development and the 21c? I would think something like what the did in midtown between Packards and The Garage would work well.
    Yes, they are planning to rehab the metal canopies in that alley, add outdoor dining to the hotel restaurant, and use the whole area to link the hotel to the surrounding development:

Thread Information