Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 747

Thread: West Village

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,697
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: 21c Museum Hotel

    disappointed about the demos

  2. #52

    Default Re: 21c Museum Hotel

    Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    disappointed about the demos
    Yeah, those are my favorite kind of buildings in OKC that were once widespread and often contiguous. They strike me as something that would really contribute to the rejuvenation of this side of town.

  3. #53

    Default Re: 21c Museum Hotel

    Do we know what they plan on putting in place of the demoed buildings?

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,697
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: 21c Museum Hotel

    I suspect and fear surface parking for the concert venue

  5. Default Re: 21c Museum Hotel

    I wouldn't think so. According to plans released for 901 W Sheridan, renderings and site plans hint at 3-5 story infill for that lot, perhaps a mixture of residential and retail.

    Pete has posted those in the 901 thread and Steve also wrote a story with the same pictures on newsok.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,697
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: 21c Museum Hotel

    ah, missed that

  7. #57

    Default Re: 21c Museum Hotel

    So how do we demo these buildings without knowing? Does it just not even matter at this point?

    Keep the metal bldg but tear down the brick ones.. Pete, any chance it's the other way around? That would make more sense..

  8. #58

    Default Re: 21c Museum Hotel

    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    So how do we demo these buildings without knowing? Does it just not even matter at this point?

    Keep the metal bldg but tear down the brick ones.. Pete, any chance it's the other way around? That would make more sense..
    Everything on this block would be torn down but the two red-brick buildings on the far right. This has been the plan since I reported it months ago:


  9. #59
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,697
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: 21c Museum Hotel

    The nearer buildings in that photo (that I like) are West-most I thought. Was I just confused (likely) about which were getting demoed?

  10. #60

    Default Re: 21c Museum Hotel

    Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    The nearer buildings in that photo (that I like) are West-most I thought. Was I just confused (likely) about which were getting demoed?
    Sorry, I may have mis-stated.

    The buildings in green are the only ones that were ever going to stay:


  11. #61

    Default Re: 21c Museum Hotel

    This area would be perfect for a development similar to West 7th Street in Fort Worth. West 7th Property | Fort Worth, Texas

    Google West DT Fort Worth or West 7th Street. Pretty great stuff they have going on.

    All the apartment include parking but none of it is on the street front. All is wedged between the development. DT Fort Worth is one of my favorite places and has a TON our leadership can learn from. Basically if we hasn't destroyed 80% of our DT over the year our street life/retail/development could be on par with DT Fort Worth. If you haven't been I highly recommend you visiting.

  12. #62

    Default Re: 21c Museum Hotel

    Quote Originally Posted by sroberts24 View Post
    This area would be perfect for a development similar to West 7th Street in Fort Worth. West 7th Property | Fort Worth, Texas

    Google West DT Fort Worth or West 7th Street. Pretty great stuff they have going on.

    All the apartment include parking but none of it is on the street front. All is wedged between the development. DT Fort Worth is one of my favorite places and has a TON our leadership can learn from. Basically if we hasn't destroyed 80% of our DT over the year our street life/retail/development could be on par with DT Fort Worth. If you haven't been I highly recommend you visiting.
    The best difference is that film row and the CBD are connected and not separated by a river like DT FTW and West 7th. It should make for some great continuity that is much more difficult for FTW.

  13. #63

    Default Re: 21c Museum Hotel

    West 7th is really large and well done. I've been over there a bunch of times. My one complaint is that the development feels too sterile, too clean. It just goes to show that some old building stock and grit complement new developments like West 7th. Having said that, it'd be great to get something like it.

  14. #64

    Default Re: 21c Museum Hotel

    Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    West 7th is really large and well done. I've been over there a bunch of times. My one complaint is that the development feels too sterile, too clean. It just goes to show that some old building stock and grit complement new developments like West 7th. Having said that, it'd be great to get something like it.
    I agree with the sentiment that it feels too sterile and clean, but hey you've gotta start somewhere!...it would be great if those new construction buildings were mixed-in right next to the Montgomery Ward redevelopment....that would be a great mix of new/old.

  15. #65

    Default Re: Film Row General Thread

    Steve's update on this area.

    http://www.oklahoman.com/article/542...tails%20emerge

    New plans being submitted this week to the Downtown Design Review Committee indicate developers are moving forward with efforts to build a dense mix of housing and retail surrounding the historic Fred Jones Assembly Plant.
    The newest plans show the facades of two decades-old brick warehouses at Classen and Sheridan also will be retained as the base for some of the apartments and garage parking.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Film Row Housing.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	16.7 KB 
ID:	10906  

  16. #66

  17. #67

    Default Re: Hall Capital

    Fantastic

  18. #68

    Default Re: Hall Capital

    Posting this link again since it got cut off by the page break.

    Flipping cool project:

    OKCTalk - Detailed plans revealed for Residences at 21c on Film Row

  19. Default Re: Hall Capital

    Wow, really excited to see all of these projects popping up! Can't wait to see what this area looks like over the next few years.

  20. Default Re: Hall Capital

    Game changer!
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

  21. #71

    Default Re: Hall Capital

    This area needs a future streetcar spur, or whatever they call it.

  22. #72

    Default Re: Hall Capital

    Quote Originally Posted by Bits_Of_Real_Panther View Post
    This area needs a future streetcar spur, or whatever they call it.
    Meh…they can walk to/from the street-car.

  23. #73

    Default Re: Hall Capital

    Yassssss!!!!

  24. #74

    Default Re: Hall Capital

    Pete, do you know if there are any plans to redo the alley between the development and the 21c? I would think something like what the did in midtown between Packards and The Garage would work well.

  25. #75

    Default Re: Hall Capital

    Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Pete, do you know if there are any plans to redo the alley between the development and the 21c? I would think something like what the did in midtown between Packards and The Garage would work well.
    Yes, they are planning to rehab the metal canopies in that alley, add outdoor dining to the hotel restaurant, and use the whole area to link the hotel to the surrounding development:


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. The Burger Capital of US, OKC?
    By G.Walker in forum General Food & Drink Topics
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 04-18-2016, 12:03 PM
  2. Venture Capital for Mr. P(runepicker), Et. Al.
    By RadicalModerate in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-12-2012, 05:10 PM
  3. Capital One Bowl
    By Roadhawg in forum Sports
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-02-2012, 03:07 PM
  4. Norman - The Weather Capital of the World
    By floater in forum General Civic Issues
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-13-2005, 11:50 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO