Widgets Magazine
Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: West Village

Default Re: West Village

Quote Originally Posted by kevin lee View Post
    These are the same people who knocked the Museum 21 project out of the park. No one really thought this portion of the project would end up beind 75% exposed concrete did you?
    Yes, there were a few people earlier in this thread who kept harping on the exposed concrete despite repeated assurances it was never going to remain exposed. It was odd.

The last 5 photos are from their website (www.westvillageokc.com); the rest are my own:

This is the Stich / Plant Shoppe space:

Do we know pricing for the different types of apartments here yet?

Quote Originally Posted by TeeDub2 View Post
    Do we know pricing for the different types of apartments here yet?
    https://www.apartments.com/west-vill...ty-ok/kpjdgj9/

This project is truly transformative. The entire west side of downtown looks so different.

Sheridan has really become our new Main Street. From here to the Steelyard, you've got about a mile and a half of dense urban development. There are a few empty patches, but I expect they'll fill up in the next few years. This project extended the area that feels like our thriving urban core by quite a bit. It is very impressive.

The feel of it is what is so impressive... Perhaps because it's built around the Jones and 21c, which are already absolutely fantastic projects.

There is a lot more coming to this area too in terms of restaurants and bars.

It sure would be nice to get that county jail relocated.

What is the big deal about having the county jail downtown? Most major cities have it that way. It’s better for those who get released as they are closer to services they might need and public transport. It seems more efficient. The county jail absolutely should reconstructed, but I don’t think it needs to be moved way into the sticks.

^

it will be moved, it's just a matter of when.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hoya View Post
    This project is truly transformative. The entire west side of downtown looks so different.

Sheridan has really become our new Main Street. From here to the Steelyard, you've got about a mile and a half of dense urban development. There are a few empty patches, but I expect they'll fill up in the next few years. This project extended the area that feels like our thriving urban core by quite a bit. It is very impressive.
    we could have had that with Main Street as well, but the book is closed on that now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

it will be moved, it's just a matter of when.
    Is there any ETA at all? Or will it just be an announcement out of the blue...

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    What is the big deal about having the county jail downtown? Most major cities have it that way. It’s better for those who get released as they are closer to services they might need and public transport. It seems more efficient. The county jail absolutely should reconstructed, but I don’t think it needs to be moved way into the sticks.
    The jail has to be within 15 minutes of the Courthouse to transport inmates back & forth. It's more of a security issue.

There is zero movement on constructing a new county jail. Part of the problem is that it's county government, not city government. While the city has done a great job with the MAPS programs and has done a lot to improve quality of life here, the county government has been as dysfunctional as can be. John Whetsel resigned in the face of potential criminal charges. Absolutely nobody trusts the county with the money to build a new jail, not after the scandals that surrounded building this one.

It's probably up to the feds if they're going to force the issue. The county jail still hasn't met their standards, and last I heard the county shut out the federal inspectors who had come by to see what had been changed. Unless they do something, I think that building will stay for the next 20 years.

I believe the FEDs gave a deadline to have changes in place. What happens if the deadline is not met? I mean they can't just open the cell doors and say bye bye to the prisoners.

The deadline has already passed. The county made some improvements, but didn't fix everything. They kept getting extensions, and finally were like "this is all we're going to do".

Nobody knows what the Fed response will be, or if there will be one. Theoretically they could shut it down, require the county to pay to house their inmates elsewhere, then build a new one and bill it to the county.

Blog Entries

I heard a rumor hall capital bought sonic and taco bell on sheridan, can anyone substantiate? I have zero first hand or known factual info. This surprised me so thought I'd ask here.

They have been trying to buy both for a while.

My understanding is no deal has been struck as of yet.

Blog Entries

thanks

Blog Entries

Taco Bell was bought about 7 months ago by a cattle company from Mill Creek, OK. They don’t operate the Taco Bell. I believe it is just a passive investment. If Hall Capital wants it, it seems strange they wouldn’t have bought it just a few months ago when it was obviously for sale at a pretty good value.

Fantastic project (even with the bare-ish parking garages)! What's next for this general area?

Quote Originally Posted by DallasOkie086 View Post
    Fantastic project (even with the bare-ish parking garages)! What's next for this general area?
    A giant overpass for 7 cars to travel across.

Quote Originally Posted by DallasOkie086 View Post
    Hall Capital owns several buildings to the south of West Village and they wil do something equally great there.

A bunch more in the works, as this area is very hot right now.

Also, the garage at the west end of West Village will soon have two huge murals.

It's still hard for me to believe that's what that area looks like now... Total transformation.

Thread Information