Widgets Magazine
Page 98 of 104 FirstFirst ... 4893949596979899100101102103 ... LastLast
Results 2,426 to 2,450 of 2598

Thread: Oil prices

Default Re: Oil prices

Quote Originally Posted by OKC_Chipper View Post
    Encouraging for 2021 I hope. Still unbelievable we’ve gone from 103-12 rigs in Oklahoma in a year, those are just mind blowing numbers.

Gopokes88 or PhiAlpha can speak better on this but my biggest concern in the near term is companies bringing back on shut in production too quickly and getting right back into the same supply issues we had before.
    Yeah they very well could.

On the flip side the riots will be very revealing in relation to 'Rona and lock-downs. I'm not trying to be political and we have other places for the riots, but as it relates to strictly the oil business if we have a big outbreak with no increase in hospitalizations, or no real corona outbreak at all, things are going to revert to normal pretty quick.

3. Default Re: Oil prices

The colors on that map aren't great.

Chisholm oil and gas field for bankruptcy.

https://twitter.com/rachel_butt/stat...768627205?s=21

This thread demonstrates just how bad Oklahoma wells are.

https://twitter.com/willrayvalentin/...345231873?s=21

Nat gas is in free fall. V bad news for literally everyone

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    Nat gas is in free fall. V bad news for literally everyone
    2020 is AWESOME!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    2020 is AWESOME!!!
    Hopefully the decade is just as great!

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Hopefully the decade is just as great!
    The last time I said "well it couldn't get much worse" I was at a landman association happy hour on the day that Saudi Arabia & Russia failed to come to an agreement on cuts and the oil markets cratered...The Thunder game heard round the world was two days later and a few weeks later oil hit the all time low... So as a general rule I'm keeping my mouth shut

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    The last time I said "well it couldn't get much worse" I was at a landman association happy hour on the day that Saudi Arabia & Russia failed to come to an agreement on cuts and the oil markets cratered...The Thunder game heard round the world was two days later and a few weeks later oil hit the all time low... So as a general rule I'm keeping my mouth shut
    The "Shut-Mouth Twenties" doesn't exactly roll off the tongue, though!

Chaparral is in forbearance, forced liquidation of hedge book, bankruptcy is assured. Just a matter of when.

HangryHippo Guest

Chaparral is in forbearance, forced liquidation of hedge book, bankruptcy is assured. Just a matter of when.
    Another one bites the dust. Yikes - and I'm sure there will be more.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Another one bites the dust. Yikes - and I'm sure there will be more.
    SD before long. They should merge.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Does this mean that OU has to rename Lloyd Noble to Chevron Center? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Does this mean that OU has to rename Lloyd Noble to Chevron Center? Lol
    the noble foundation https://noblefoundation.org/ is who the building is named after

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    the noble foundation https://noblefoundation.org/ is who the building is named after
    I believe It is the Lloyd Noble center and not the Noble Foundation center, and according to Wikipedia:

“In 1932, Lloyd Noble founded the Samedan Oil Corporation, predecessor company to Noble Energy, Inc. The company was named after his children Sam, Ed, and Ann.[3] In 1968, Samedan acquired its first offshore block in the Gulf of Mexico. By the 1970s, Noble Affiliates Inc. was set up as a holding company to own Samedan Oil Corporation and a drilling company, Noble Drilling Corporation.[3] In 1972, Noble Affiliates became a public company via an initial public offering, listing on the NASDAQ.[3][4][5]

In 1980, Noble Affiliates was first listed on the New York Stock Exchange with the ticker symbol NBL. In 1985, Noble Affiliates spun off its subsidiary, Noble Drilling Corporation. In 1986, the company acquired Energy Development Corporation.

In June 2000, the company announced that it will move its headquarters from Ardmore, Oklahoma to Houston, Texas.[6]”

I was just trying to being funny, but this board can argue about anything. Somebody has to try to prove they know more.

Devon was upgraded and a few analysts are pushing for a merger between them and cimarex. In theory Devon would be the operator. The have the building, they’re the bigger company.

Cimarex has a floor for the C-suite in Denver. The accounting/finance/construction some engineers in Tulsa. Land and more engineers in midland.

Makes more sense for them to be the one that gets gobbled up.

HangryHippo Guest

Gopokes - how’s your operation faring now? Things improving since prices rebounded a bit?

19. Default Re: Oil prices

Templar Energy (formerly LeNorman) has been bought in bankruptcy by Presidio out of Houston and will liquidate. Tapstone had previously submitted a stalking horse but was outbid.

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/bankru...-plan-approved

Devon was upgraded and a few analysts are pushing for a merger between them and cimarex. In theory Devon would be the operator. The have the building, they’re the bigger company.

Cimarex has a floor for the C-suite in Denver. The accounting/finance/construction some engineers in Tulsa. Land and more engineers in midland.

Makes more sense for them to be the one that gets gobbled up.
    I had that exact conversation with a buddy of mine at Devon late last year. He didn’t know anything about it and as far as he knows it wasn’t being discussed but it just makes way too much sense.

Quote Originally Posted by liirogue View Post
    Templar Energy (formerly LeNorman) has been bought in bankruptcy by Presidio out of Houston and will liquidate. Tapstone had previously submitted a stalking horse but was outbid.

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/bankru...-plan-approved
    Presidio is out of FW fyi

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Gopokes - how’s your operation faring now? Things improving since prices rebounded a bit?
    Eh it's stable but we're now 1/3 of the size. Every oil field is pretty much dead sans the permian.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I believe It is the Lloyd Noble center and not the Noble Foundation center, and according to Wikipedia:

“In 1932, Lloyd Noble founded the Samedan Oil Corporation, predecessor company to Noble Energy, Inc. The company was named after his children Sam, Ed, and Ann.[3] In 1968, Samedan acquired its first offshore block in the Gulf of Mexico. By the 1970s, Noble Affiliates Inc. was set up as a holding company to own Samedan Oil Corporation and a drilling company, Noble Drilling Corporation.[3] In 1972, Noble Affiliates became a public company via an initial public offering, listing on the NASDAQ.[3][4][5]

In 1980, Noble Affiliates was first listed on the New York Stock Exchange with the ticker symbol NBL. In 1985, Noble Affiliates spun off its subsidiary, Noble Drilling Corporation. In 1986, the company acquired Energy Development Corporation.

In June 2000, the company announced that it will move its headquarters from Ardmore, Oklahoma to Houston, Texas.[6]”

I was just trying to being funny, but this board can argue about anything. Somebody has to try to prove they know more.
    yes loyd noble .. because of a gift from the noble foundation

https://soonersports.com/news/1999/11/8/208404929.aspx

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    yes loyd noble .. because of a gift from the noble foundation

https://soonersports.com/news/1999/11/8/208404929.aspx
    This is the stupidest debate I’ve been sucked into for awhile. Go back and check... it wasn’t even a serious remark. But you’ve proven Where the money came from, so all isn’t wasted. Lol. Winning an argument that never was.

Thread Information