Widgets Magazine

Thread: Oil prices

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Oil prices

The big question is what does the next recession/market correction do to oil prices? They remained high through the last one but that was a different scenario than what we will see this time. Everyone in my industry (design/construction) is already planning on the slowdown occurring next year into 2019-2020 with the market swinging back in the 2021-2022 timeframe. Obviously no one can predict the future but that is what everyone is thinking, and how we are figuring our business plans for the next 3 years.

Default Re: Oil prices

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    The big question is what does the next recession/market correction do to oil prices? They remained high through the last one but that was a different scenario than what we will see this time. Everyone in my industry (design/construction) is already planning on the slowdown occurring next year into 2019-2020 with the market swinging back in the 2021-2022 timeframe. Obviously no one can predict the future but that is what everyone is thinking, and how we are figuring our business plans for the next 3 years.
    Probably depends heavily on the nature of the event. If the equity markets dip but employment is steady, likely won't affect oil. If we enter some sort of military conflict that spooks markets (ie, Seoul is leveled), I would think it would increase oil prices because Jets and tanks get bad MPG's. However, if we repeat the financial crisis and unemployment hits 10% again, hello $20 oil.

Thread Information