Widgets Magazine
Page 82 of 97 FirstFirst ... 327778798081828384858687 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 2421

Thread: Oil prices

  1. #2026

    Default Re: Oil prices

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Wow. Wonder what sets off everyone against clean environmentally safe energy. Almost everyone up in arms on this thread have no real practical knowledge of various technologies...just repeating tired old rhetoric promoted by the fossil people. Now we have pro nuclear reactor people wanting to jump in the fight. Lol. I think some people just love to posture and argue.
    There is promise in renewables but right now much research is to be done. Nuclear will always be the best bet for large scale energy production. Renewables energy has its place for off the grid or small scale production.

  2. #2027

    Default Re: Oil prices

    Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    We could only wish for someone to develop a commercially viable nuclear fusion reactor. Unlimited and totally safe energy?
    ”cold” fusion is the best bet. Salt reactors are showing great promise and various permits coupled with the support of the gates foundation is paving the way for smaller, modular reactors.
    Fingers crossed.

    I’d love to see a nuke plant built in Tulsa by Catoosa along with a research laboratory and only bc OKC is my hometown I’d like to see an educational program for nuclear engineering at OCU or OU along with a live reactor of course similar to MITs program. One can dream...

  3. #2028

    Default Re: Oil prices

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    If that’s the case, you apparently haven’t listened to our Prez and his sycophants Re our energy policies and regulation abandonment. BTW, the pres just now abandoned environmental regs because of the pandemic....like there is any association. And, You are the one trying to call all green energy advocates liberals to try to discredit them to your right wing science denying friends.
    HAHAHA and you accuse phialpa of hyperbole!?

    President trump is rightly reviewing and proposing to do away with unnecessary regulations and red tape laws that make our infrastructure cost 10 times what other countries could build the same for. He isn’t proposing doing away with all regulations.

  4. #2029
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,573
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Oil prices

    Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    HAHAHA and you accuse phialpa of hyperbole!?

    President trump is rightly reviewing and proposing to do away with unnecessary regulations and red tape laws that make our infrastructure cost 10 times what other countries could build the same for. He isn’t proposing doing away with all regulations.
    Guess there are significant differences of opinion in what is “unnecessary”. Some think protecting the environment is pretty necessary. Others could care less.
    And I have competed globally selling products for a couple of decades. Our manufactured costs were always pretty close at the dock. However, we were higher when we produced better products. Our products were specified BECAUSE of the certifications, testing, safety we produced under. American products can compete.

  5. Default Re: Oil prices

    Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    HAHAHA and you accuse phialpa of hyperbole!?

    President trump is rightly reviewing and proposing to do away with unnecessary regulations and red tape laws that make our infrastructure cost 10 times what other countries could build the same for. He isn’t proposing doing away with all regulations.
    Bullsh*t. Read this and check the links if you think he's at all motivated by what you think he is. All he and his O&G buddies want is to get as rich as possible, damn everything else, especially the environment.

    https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump...b63c3b6490a703

  6. #2031

    Default Re: Oil prices

    Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Bullsh*t. Read this and check the links if you think he's at all motivated by what you think he is. All he and his O&G buddies want is to get as rich as possible, damn everything else, especially the environment.

    https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump...b63c3b6490a703
    But if anything, he and all his O&G buddies are getting poorer because of this. There have not been many things done by Trump recently that help the wealthy, especially given the restrictions on what bailout money can be used for.

  7. #2032

    Default Re: Oil prices

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Guess there are significant differences of opinion in what is “unnecessary”. Some think protecting the environment is pretty necessary. Others could care less.
    And I have competed globally selling products for a couple of decades. Our manufactured costs were always pretty close at the dock. However, we were higher when we produced better products. Our products were specified BECAUSE of the certifications, testing, safety we produced under. American products can compete.
    I won’t even continue reading the read of your post after you polarize the issue yet again and name two camps and two only. Bring an educated argument to the table and I’ll respond. You aren’t being reasonable.

  8. #2033
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,573
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Oil prices

    Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I won’t even continue reading the read of your post after you polarize the issue yet again and name two camps and two only. Bring an educated argument to the table and I’ll respond. You aren’t being reasonable.
    Actually, your response isn’t necessary, nor is mine. Fortunately most are smart enough to read, research, check with experienced people who actually engage in the subject, put things in context, and make up their own minds.

  9. #2034

    Default Re: Oil prices

    You’re right Rover, they are... so do your own research and see the costs of pollution, energy storage(lithium)mining, the waste produced from renewable energy infrastructure, wild life killed from it, the insane amount of land it requires, etc.

    I drive off road all over the low desert in SoCal for recreation and can tell you first hand how nasty it is around the windmills. That’s why they don’t want us around them. Been chased many times and it is comical.

    Do your own research. We need fossil fuels for the time being. They are more efficient and practical then renewables for large scale production. We simply need to pay more taxes and better fund R&D, education, NASA, and programs to foster innovation. That is the way to move forward. Not shove mediocre results down people’s throats.

    When renewables shut off what do you think substitutes it? Why has Germany seen an increase in emissions and France one of the largest investors in nuclear energy has relatively low emissions by comparison?

    Simply put renewable energy sucks and is a scam. It’s sick to watch people think electric cars are green as they simply shift the pollution elsewhere.

    http://nuclearconnect.org/know-nucle...nuclear-energy

    Like it or not, we need to be investing in proven results like “clean” coal and natural gas until we can educate the public on why nuke plants are the ultimate savior of our race and planet to reduce our footprint. Otherwise have fun trying to get people to change their lifestyles.

  10. #2035

    Default Re: Oil prices

    Plutonic, you are absolutely right. And I will leave it at that, cuz I can't say it better than you have .

  11. #2036

    Default Re: Oil prices

    Quote Originally Posted by OKIENW View Post
    What specifically makes you say this? I've ridden it down so far at this point that it hardly seems worth selling.
    They’re unhedged.

    WTI is headed for 0, therefore their revenue will head to zero.

    I mean do what you want, but be prepared to ride it to 0. Cause that’s where it’s going.

  12. #2037

    Default Re: Oil prices

    Can we ban Rover from this thread. He has no interest in oil prices just gaslighting. (Green energy gaslighting, not natty gas of course.)

  13. #2038

    Default Re: Oil prices

    Starting to hear some rumors a lot of O&G companies were on the phones over the weekend looking at mergers. Somewhat like banks did in September of 2008. No idea who is getting paired with what.

    Also Russia is going to have to shut in massive amounts of their production soon. So jokes on them.

  14. #2039

    Default Re: Oil prices

    Ha! Does the $2 trillion bailout include small O&G firms? If so, the government may be trying to do a Resolution Trust Corporation type entity that takes off the bad debt but forcefully combines the survivors into well-capitalized companies?

    It worked like a charm for the government in the S&L crisis. The government and many private firms worked out the debt and made huge profits.

  15. Default Re: Oil prices

    Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    Starting to hear some rumors a lot of O&G companies were on the phones over the weekend looking at mergers. Somewhat like banks did in September of 2008. No idea who is getting paired with what.

    Also Russia is going to have to shut in massive amounts of their production soon. So jokes on them.

  16. #2041
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,573
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Oil prices

    Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    Can we ban Rover from this thread. He has no interest in oil prices just gaslighting. (Green energy gaslighting, not natty gas of course.)
    That's a good way to control the narrative... control the speakers that disagree if you can't intimidate them into shutting up. LOL.

    Just a guess, but the wind and solar producers are probably making out much better than O&G right now.

  17. #2042

    Default Re: Oil prices

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    That's a good way to control the narrative... control the speakers that disagree if you can't intimidate them into shutting up. LOL.

    Just a guess, but the wind and solar producers are probably making out much better than O&G right now.
    Actually no. The publicly traded solar equities are performing like complete dog****.

    If they were in such a great position, they wouldn’t be begging Congress for further subsidies

  18. Default Re: Oil prices

    Quote Originally Posted by chuck5815 View Post
    Actually no. The publicly traded solar equities are performing like complete dog****.

    If they were in such a great position, they wouldn’t be begging Congress for further subsidies
    I'm not completely sure, but I'm guessing alternative stocks don't perform all that well when the price of oil and gas are very low. There's much less of an incentive to switch.

  19. #2044

    Default Re: Oil prices

    Isn't O&G also significantly subsidized? I don't know, I'm genuinely curious.

  20. #2045

    Default Re: Oil prices

    Quote Originally Posted by okccowan View Post
    Isn't O&G also significantly subsidized? I don't know, I'm genuinely curious.
    No.

    That's a huge myth created by enviromental left.

    There's a provision in the tax code, that allows a deduction of intangible drilling costs, and its interpreted by the haters to be a subsidy to O&G. I got better things to do than explain it , Here I google it for you

    https://www.investopedia.com/terms/i...ling-costs.asp

    It basically allows for the deduction of some drilling costs at the time incurred, rather than capitalized and the amortized over a longer period. Its in the tax code because of the up front capital investment in wells.

    There are other small subsidies available to producers of stripper wells, really low producing wells in old fields. And I'm not even sure those are still around.

  21. #2046

    Default Re: Oil prices

    And oh yeah, there's this thing invented by a few economists, that because the price of fossil fuel energy to consumers, does not include the cost of CO2 " pollution " , and govts have to pick up that cost, then that is construed to being a subsidy to fossil fuel producers.

    But if ya carry that theory on out, then brewers would be subsidizied because the price of spirits and beer do not include the cost to society of alcoholism.

    Or the price of an auto, doesn't include the cost of traffic accidents, both property damage and personal injury.

    Where does it end.

  22. #2047

    Default Re: Oil prices

    Quote Originally Posted by RedDollar View Post
    And oh yeah, there's this thing invented by a few economists, that because the price of fossil fuel energy to consumers, does not include the cost of CO2 " pollution " , and govts have to pick up that cost, then that is construed to being a subsidy to fossil fuel producers.

    But if ya carry that theory on out, then brewers would be subsidizied because the price of spirits and beer do not include the cost to society of alcoholism.

    Or the price of an auto, doesn't include the cost of traffic accidents, both property damage and personal injury.

    Where does it end.
    At marijuana. It all ends there.

  23. #2048

    Default Re: Oil prices

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    That's a good way to control the narrative... control the speakers that disagree if you can't intimidate them into shutting up. LOL.

    Just a guess, but the wind and solar producers are probably making out much better than O&G right now.
    No it’s that you bring nothing constructive to the table except yelling about green energy

  24. #2049

    Default Re: Oil prices

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    That's a good way to control the narrative... control the speakers that disagree if you can't intimidate them into shutting up. LOL.
    .
    That's pretty much the strategy of the entire MSM. Its rare you ever see a conservative out side of FOX and if you do, he/she is at some sort of disadvantage.

  25. #2050
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,573
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Oil prices

    Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    No it’s that you bring nothing constructive to the table except yelling about green energy
    Snappy literate comeback.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Oil prices low but why are gas prices still so high?
    By Jesseda in forum Current Events & Open Topic
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 09-26-2011, 07:46 PM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-13-2011, 05:25 PM
  3. oil prices rising due to less resession fears
    By Jesseda in forum Current Events & Open Topic
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-23-2009, 10:36 PM
  4. I'm glad our oil prices are up for this
    By kmf563 in forum General Civic Issues
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-12-2008, 09:08 PM
  5. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-06-2005, 01:56 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO