Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111257 ... LastLast

Thread: Oil prices

Default Re: Oil prices

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    That wasn't the part of his post I'm referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    That wasn't the part of his post I'm referring to.
    i thought you were pretty clear lol

4. Default Re: Oil prices

Ugly, ugly action on heavy volume. This move is well-beyond S&D concerns at this point.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CL.1  55.36  2.45   4.24  .jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	13.1 KB 
ID:	9777

Quote Originally Posted by s00nr1 View Post
    Ugly, ugly action on heavy volume. This move is well-beyond S&D concerns at this point.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CL.1  55.36  2.45   4.24  .jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	13.1 KB 
ID:	9777
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/shareh...215200134.html

They're going under.

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    So Sandridge will be going belly up?

7. Default Re: Oil prices

No. These guys are a bunch of sharks and are trying to get some money back lost by claiming the leadership at Sandridge didn't do their part. Not saying they don't have a case, but stock market is always a risk and sometimes you make bad investments.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    So Sandridge will be going belly up?
    Or getting bought. The stock keeps getting hammered for a reason, the volume suggests someone knows something. These types of lawsuits are pretty common right before a company starts to have major problems.

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    No. These guys are a bunch of sharks and are trying to get some money back lost by claiming the leadership at Sandridge didn't do their part. Not saying they don't have a case, but stock market is always a risk and sometimes you make bad investments.
    What attracts sharks?

all it's gonna take is one company to find it's assets attractive and hello buyout

^
    Fortunately (or unfortunately, however you think it) for SD, the Mississippian suuuuuuucks. This is the play Sandridge bet big on, and its radioactive in this price enviornment...nobody will be buying them or their acreage. Their wells were struggling even when oil was $100+/bbl.

A company like Sandridge better hope they can ride out this price slump based on their current production. Otherwise they could be in trouble if prices don't go back up in the next 6 months or so. Worse than a buyout, SD is the one OKC based company that is in danger of straight-up folding.

Don't know much about it. I have heard the play is not profitable also.

13. Default Re: Oil prices

Quote Originally Posted by gopokes88 View Post
    What attracts sharks?
    Didn't say there isn't blood in the water. But they aren't going to go belly up. Might get bought out. That being said, I'd keep my head down if I worked there

I believe the current oil prices are because the presidents policies have been put
    on hold. Like all recessions and depressions, this is a result of a natural self
    correcting phenomena. All recessions and depressions follow this as long as the
    government isn't involved.

Even fdr's depression and the depression inside of a depression (@1938) came to
    an end when WWII started fdr thankfully died.

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    Didn't say there isn't blood in the water. But they aren't going to go belly up. Might get bought out. That being said, I'd keep my head down if I worked there
    They might. They have a tremendous debt load and their assets are worth half what they were in July. Why would a company buy them if they could let sandridge fail and buy their assets in bankruptcy.

Quote Originally Posted by Prunepicker View Post
    I believe the current oil prices are because the presidents policies have been put
    on hold. Like all recessions and depressions, this is a result of a natural self
    correcting phenomena. All recessions and depressions follow this as long as the
    government isn't involved.

Even fdr's depression and the depression inside of a depression (@1938) came to
    an end when WWII started fdr thankfully died.
    Was $150 oil in 2008 a result of Bush's policies? I am sure you would deny that.

The President really has very little to do with oil prices with the exception of Bill Clinton and the Commodities Modernization Act of 2000. That turned oil into a speculative market. Much like 2008 when speculators were driving the price of oil to ridiculously high levels without demand justification, they are doing the same today in the other direction.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    Was $150 oil in 2008 a result of Bush's policies? I am sure you would deny that.

The President really has very little to do with oil prices with the exception of Bill Clinton and the Commodities Modernization Act of 2000. That turned oil into a speculative market. Much like 2008 when speculators were driving the price of oil to ridiculously high levels without demand justification, they are doing the same today in the other direction.
    The end of quantitative easing combined with a lot more oil in the market plus less demand for global oil is all causing oil to be cheaper. Its takes a lot more to push oil prices lower than it is to raise them. There is a lot of price support at $0 dollars a barrel. lol

If there is that much speculation the market is going to figure it out real fast when there is no money to pay oil field workers.

Bill Clinton considered one of the best republican presidents we've ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by adaniel View Post
    ^
    Fortunately (or unfortunately, however you think it) for SD, the Mississippian suuuuuuucks. This is the play Sandridge bet big on, and its radioactive in this price enviornment...nobody will be buying them or their acreage. Their wells were struggling even when oil was $100+/bbl.

Worse than a buyout, SD is the one OKC based company that is in danger of straight-up folding.
    I dunno. Someone might find a way to monetize saltwater..

20. Default Re: Oil prices

Possible capitulation this morning around WTI $53.50 (or maybe just a dead cat bounce). Either way, huge reversal off morning lows in energy.

OKC E&Ps % off morning lows: SD +20%, CLR +15%, CHK +8%, GPOR +8%, DVN +6%

Finally some positive news. Now to see if it holds.

Oil pushing $60 as we type.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    Oil pushing $60 as we type.
    Every time oil trickles back up OPEC comes out to put more fear into the market to try and drive the price lower. At some point that wont be scary anymore and fundamentals will start to factor in again.

I thought "fear" caused prices to climb?

Oil extends gains after EIA data, Brent near $62

Oil prices jumped on Wednesday as U.S. data showed falling crude inventories, stemming deep losses brought on by a supply glut and signals from OPEC producers and Russia that they will not cut production.

WTI crude closed 54 cents higher at $56.47 per barrel after surging to a session high of $58.98. It touched its lowest level since May 2009 at $53.60 on Tuesday

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    I thought "fear" caused prices to climb?
    It does both, just a matter of when you are talking about

Thread Information