Widgets Magazine
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011

Thread: Climate Change

Default Re: Climate Change

Your clever meme could easily have been used by me in your response of post 247

2. Default Re: Climate Change

The truth is never embarrassed by honest inquiry.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Your clever meme could easily have been used by me in your response of post 247
    It would, but it would be dumb because I asked about the credibility of the author and I have been excoriated up and down for not taking that into account, and that discounting sources out of hand is really bad bad bad.

Well, I think we’ve all probably hoped and prayed that our ICE-powered Mercedes and Lexuses would start in the recent cold weather, but it’s interesting to hear that the range in electric cars is significantly impacted by both hot and cold weather:

https://jalopnik.com/electric-vehicl...old-1832440470

Quote Originally Posted by chuck5815 View Post
    Well, I think we’ve all probably hoped and prayed that our ICE-powered Mercedes and Lexuses would start in the recent cold weather, but it’s interesting to hear that the range in electric cars is significantly impacted by both hot and cold weather:

why would this be something people didn't know???

and if you run a heater or AC it's also going to cut down your range. because using more electricity affects how much electricity you have

guess i'm shocked that people didn't already know this

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    why would this be something people didn't know???

and if you run a heater or AC it's also going to cut down your range. because using more electricity affects how much electricity you have

guess i'm shocked that people didn't already know this
    Very true. It will be a shock to people who are used to "free" heat as a by-product of an internal combustion engine. Another issue for people up north is that you can't charge an electric cars battery below 32 degrees. So your car is outside, its going to take longer to charge it because you have to use energy to have a heater warming the battery up.

Did you know when you drive an ICE auto regardless of weather you have to find, stop and fill a tank with GASOLINE, DIESEL, PROPANE or NATURAL GAS every few hundred miles at best or the vehicle won't move?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by chuck5815 View Post
    Well, I think weve all probably hoped and prayed that our ICE-powered Mercedes and Lexuses would start in the recent cold weather, but its interesting to hear that the range in electric cars is significantly impacted by both hot and cold weather:

If only they had known...

The fleet of plug-in electric vehicles in Norway is the largest per capita in the world.[8][9][10] In March 2014, Norway became the first country where one in every 100 passenger cars on the road was a plug-in electric;[11] the market penetration passed 5% in December 2016,[12] and attained 10% in October 2018.[13] The Norwegian plug-in car segment market share has been the highest in the world for several years, achieving 39.2% in 2017, up from 29.1% in 2016,[5][14] and 49.1% in 2018.[6]

As a result of the fast rate of adoption, the Nissan Leaf was Norway's best selling new passenger car model in 2018, marking the first time in any country that an all-electric car tops annual sales of the passenger car segment.[15][16] According to a 2018 anaylisis by McKinsey & Company, Norway has already reached a critical mass of electric vehicles, therefore, the country is the only one in the world in the third stage of a disruptive trend, and the EV disruption is inevitable.[17]

The stock of light-duty plug-in electric vehicles registered in Norway totaled 296,214 units at the end of December 2018, consisting of 200,192 all-electric passenger cars and vans, and 96,022 plug-in hybrids (including used imports).[18] As of December 2018, the country has the largest European stock of light-duty plug-in vehicles, and the world's third largest after China and the U.S.[19] Since 2016, Norway has been the top selling plug-in country market in Europe for three consecutive years.[12][20]

The fleet of electric cars is one of the cleanest in the world since 98% of the electricity generated in the country comes from hydropower.[21][22] In 2017, and as a result of its fast growing EV adoption, Norway was able to achieve its climate target for average fleet CO2 emissions (85 g/km) for new passenger cars three years earlier than pledged.[23][24][25]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plug-i...cles_in_Norway

Quote Originally Posted by mkjeeves View Post

If only they had known...
    The fleet of plug-in electric vehicles in Norway is the largest per capita in the world.[8][9][10] In March 2014, Norway became the first country where one in every 100 passenger cars on the road was a plug-in electric;[11] the market penetration passed 5% in December 2016,[12] and attained 10% in October 2018.[13] The Norwegian plug-in car segment market share has been the highest in the world for several years, achieving 39.2% in 2017, up from 29.1% in 2016,[5][14] and 49.1% in 2018.[6]

As a result of the fast rate of adoption, the Nissan Leaf was Norway's best selling new passenger car model in 2018, marking the first time in any country that an all-electric car tops annual sales of the passenger car segment.[15][16] According to a 2018 anaylisis by McKinsey & Company, Norway has already reached a critical mass of electric vehicles, therefore, the country is the only one in the world in the third stage of a disruptive trend, and the EV disruption is inevitable.[17]

The stock of light-duty plug-in electric vehicles registered in Norway totaled 296,214 units at the end of December 2018, consisting of 200,192 all-electric passenger cars and vans, and 96,022 plug-in hybrids (including used imports).[18] As of December 2018, the country has the largest European stock of light-duty plug-in vehicles, and the world's third largest after China and the U.S.[19] Since 2016, Norway has been the top selling plug-in country market in Europe for three consecutive years.[12][20]

The fleet of electric cars is one of the cleanest in the world since 98% of the electricity generated in the country comes from hydropower.[21][22] In 2017, and as a result of its fast growing EV adoption, Norway was able to achieve its climate target for average fleet CO2 emissions (85 g/km) for new passenger cars three years earlier than pledged.[23][24][25]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plug-i...cles_in_Norway
    -Tiny Country
    -With extremely wealthy citizens
    -Who have very short commutes

Apples and Oranges, my dear friend. But good try?

Quote Originally Posted by mkjeeves View Post
    Did you know when you drive an ICE auto regardless of weather you have to find, stop and fill a tank with GASOLINE, DIESEL, PROPANE or NATURAL GAS every few hundred miles at best or the vehicle won't move?!?!
    Yes, and it only takes less than 5 minutes to fill and there are plenty of choices. Wasn't bad mouthing EV. Tesla's are cool. If you had the money and didn't have to travel far everyday, more power to you.

For the average person that want's to be ecofriendly their better off just living within walking distance to work. The battery tech isn't there yet for wide scale implementation. It would be nice if my expensive investment can actually take me to a different state.

Thread Information