Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Obamacare

Default Re: Obamacare

Quote Originally Posted by trousers View Post
    Post-ACA if both parents are in the home it doesn't matter if they are married or if they file taxes together. Both parents income counts towards the child's financial eligibility determination.
    Except that the man files from and lists a different official address. So.. that shoots down that theory.

Now that just sounds like fraud, and fraud that might be fairly hard to get away with. You'd have to make sure all of the financial documents that other entities submit to the IRS on your behalf have the other address, like, for example, your W-2s. I'd be surprised if a particularly large percentage of the population could manage that without screwing it up one way or another, if they could even get everyone else involved to participate nicely.

You can't be serious!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	geico-caveman-airport.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	30.3 KB 
ID:	11611

4. Default Re: Obamacare

Quote Originally Posted by stick47 View Post
    Except that the man files from and lists a different official address. So.. that shoots down that theory.

Quote Originally Posted by kelroy55 View Post
    If you can't come here with more than that I'll figure you're asking someone to give you an aspirin for the headache that reality gave you when it hit you in the face.

You can't be serious!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	geico-caveman-airport.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	30.3 KB 
ID:	11611
    Are you implying that committing IRS fraud is so simple that even a caveman could do it? Do you have personal experience with the concept?

Of committing IRS fraud, that is, not of being a caveman.

I haven't done it but it's more widespread than people think. As I said, two on my block in the old addition had EBT cards (know b/c my wife works where they used them) and both women had live in boyfriends that were in the oilfield service business. Both families has small children. How hard to do this fraud? The man just has to list a relatives address for all his official mail correspondence. A parents address or a siblings. There's nothing complicated here. Now it would be complicated to find and curtail the practice b/c how are you going to do it?

As for committing IRS fraud the lady down the street knitting doilies she sells on Ebay is committing fraud but she isn't living on taxpayers handouts. Whole different deal in case you were heading in that direction.

Do you have any actual statistics for how common this is or just the two anecdotes?

Let me ask you; how could you prevent it? If you can't in any practical manner, why wouldn't it be common among certain age groups / ethnicities. Considering the small risk vs reward...? I don't think it's an uncommon practice at all and may be almost mainstream among some unmarried cohabitors. As for one way to bring the number down I think removal of all marraige penalties from the tax code and even rewarding marraige would help greatly.

Let me ask you; how could you prevent it? If you can't in any practical manner, why wouldn't it be common among certain age groups / ethnicities. Considering the small risk vs reward...? I don't think it's an uncommon practice at all and may be almost mainstream among some unmarried cohabitors. As for one way to bring the number down I think removal of all marraige penalties from the tax code and even rewarding marraige would help greatly.
    Even if millions of people were doing this, all their money combined would not equal the amount of the money one giant corporation hides in tax havens. When going after tax fraud, why would you fish for the minnows instead of the whales? More meat, money, in whales!

So does that mean you have no statistics other than knowing of two occurrences?

Point being the unmarrieds are doing to to get the free ride that you and I are paying for.

Which is a statement you have provided zero actual proof for.

Yeah like voting without ID. If fraud can't be proved there's no need for an ID. Thing is once an ID is in place fraud won't be possible. Dems don't want trumoil on the plantation. Got to keep them votes coming in.

Generally the burden of proof lies on the accuser, and absence of proof isn't proof.

So banks don't need locks on their doors?

Are you saying bank robbery is a subject on which zero concrete statistics exist?

Do you believe there are no cases where this has been prosecuted? I won't waste my time working against your ill conceived argument but just say it if you believe there's been nobody prosecuted for this scam.

If there have been you should be able to provide proof and statistics for it. Back up your own claims, don't expect others to do it for you or to believe you when you don't bother.

I don't need to search it. You're not willing to admit that your argument is empty.
    So, Do you actually believe there are no cases where this has been prosecuted?

I'm not saying welfare fraud doesn't exist. It's real, just like tax fraud and voter fraud in Ok Republican Chair elections. It's just not as prevelant or for the dollar amounts that people think.

But we are really derailing a completely different thread.

23. Default Re: Obamacare

I haven't done it but it's more widespread than people think. As I said, two on my block in the old addition had EBT cards (know b/c my wife works where they used them) and both women had live in boyfriends that were in the oilfield service business. Both families has small children. How hard to do this fraud? The man just has to list a relatives address for all his official mail correspondence. A parents address or a siblings. There's nothing complicated here. Now it would be complicated to find and curtail the practice b/c how are you going to do it?
    So your wife is telling you who uses EBT cards? She could lose her job for that and probably should.

Oh? So you know the policy of all the stores in Oklahoma? You're opinion is worth nothing and you should also mind your own business.

25. Default Re: Obamacare

Oh? So you know the policy of all the stores in Oklahoma? You're opinion is worth nothing and you should also mind your own business.
    I'm pretty sure all stores and not just stores in OK have a policy against telling others if a person uses an EBT card, or any other payment type.

Thread Information