Widgets Magazine

Thread: Auto Art

Default Auto Art

From Brianna Bailey's report.

http://www.oklahoman.com/article/5366587?embargo=1

Driving around the outskirts of downtown Oklahoma City looking for a suitable space for his new studio, automotive artist Charles Armstrong came upon a restored Depression-era gas station building at the and was immediately drawn to it.

“It looks kind of like an old garage, and it kind of has the same feel as my genre of art,” Armstrong said.

Situated at the corner of Western and W Main, the building is a restored Deep Rock Oil Corp. gas station that was built about 1930. Armstrong is moving his automotive painting studio, called Auto Art, into the building. He also hopes to have a gallery in the front of the building, where he will sell his paintings, open by late spring or early summer 2015.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Auto Art.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	24.5 KB 
ID:	9469

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Auto Art.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	21.9 KB 
ID:	9470

Default Re: Auto Art

This will be nice. Hopefully it might be something like this: Solar-powered cycle path is like riding on a river of stars - CNET

Forgive me, but I am not sure where the solar powered bike trail comes into this. Owell...

I have known Charles for nearly 20 years and he has painted 2 of my vehicles. He is a master in his art and one of the top automotive airbrush artists in the country. It is nice to see him come back to Oklahoma, he left a few years ago to set up shop in his home state of Arizona. Check out his facebook for examples of his work and the type of business he will bring to OKC. He has people worldwide come to him for custom paint.

https://www.facebook.com/StreetRodsbyAutoArt

LOL, plupan. You really need to start reading the articles you post. That link from the Tulsa World is a reprint of Brianna Bailey's Oklahoman article that was in my original post.

Thread Information