Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 17 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Market at Czech Hall

Default Market at Czech Hall

While this is described as being near Yukon, it is in the OKC city limits and will provide tax revenue to Oklahoma City.

http://www.oklahoman.com/article/5365880?embargo=1

A Tennessee developer has plans for a $50 million shopping center at Interstate 40 and Czech Hall Road called the Market at Czech Village.

Tennessee-based GBT Realty Corp. has 80 acres under contract to develop the regional neighborhood center near Yukon.

GBT expects site work on the 450,000-square-foot retail development to begin immediately after it completes the land purchase in spring 2015. The development is expected to open in spring 2016.
    Market at Czech Village.jpg

Default Re: Market at Czech Village

Isn't this like the third variation of a plan similar to this for that site by different developers over the last ten years. It seems like there is not much need of it being developed yet, since there is still plenty of room to build in established developments about a mile away either direction on i40.

Hard to imagine a big-box retailer or fast food place that isn't already in the area:

Yeah the site plan definitely looks like its meant for a Wal-Mart Supercenter but with one only a mile away I don't see that happening. There has been rumors of Crest in Yukon. Could this be that?

I could see a Home Depot and an Academy store in this area. People underestimate the affluence of the area. Lots of people have disposable income here but don't have any convenient stores to spend it in. With the widening of I40 nearly complete seems like a smart move for any retailer.

Default Re: $50 Million Retail Center

This shows a proposed signal into the retail center. One would assume they would almost have to have a signal at the East bound entrance and westbound exit. If you exit coming westbound and want to turn left it's can be pretty bad now. This will increase traffic making it dangerous.

Happy Yukon is growing, but man, could the development be any more spread out? This is looking more and more like Edmond. Great for property value, but man traffic is going to be a total nightmare soon.

That's all well and good, but that's not Yukon, that's Oklahoma City. Yukon really should have annexed more land on both sides of I40 back in the day, because they have missed out on quite a bit if you look even further east at the area around Mustang Road.

Czech it out: GBT plans 450,000-square-foot retail center in OKC

By: Molly M. Fleming The Journal Record November 11, 2014

OKLAHOMA CITY – Oklahoma County’s western neighbor, Canadian County, is one of the fastest growing areas in the state. The increasing population attracted GBT Realty Corp. to the area. That’s why company plans to build a $50 million, 450,000-square-foot retail development on 80 acres at the intersection of NW 10th Street, N. Czech Hall Road, and Interstate 40 near Yukon.

The Market at Czech Hall will be the company’s first time building a shopping center in Oklahoma. However, it has been leasing shopping centers since 2008. GBT Realty is still in the process of acquiring the land, which it expects to complete in spring 2015, with the center to open summer 2016.

GBT Realty Managing Director of the Shopping Center Division Jeff Pape said that, over the past year, the company has frequently heard from national retail tenants that they want to expand their presence in the Oklahoma City market.

“We see this as a great opportunity,” Pape said.

The center is 40-percent leased, with final negotiations underway with grocery and sporting goods anchor tenants. The area will also have five junior box stores and 11 outparcels for banks, restaurants and other service providers at the property’s front.

Pape said the company starts with its tenants and then decides on the space it needs.

“There’s been quite a bit of interest,” he said. “It’s been a very good response. We’re very pleased with the activity.”

He said it’s too early to give tenant names, though he said that a majority of the retailers have a presence in Oklahoma City. The company boasts of relationships with Publix Supermarkets, Harris Teeter, Lowe’s Home Improvement, Wal-Mart, Target, Academy Sports + Outdoors, Walgreens, Best Buy, Dollar General, Ross Dress for Less, Bed Bath and Beyond, Marshalls, PetSmart and Old Navy.

Greater Oklahoma City Chamber President of Economic Development Kurt Foreman said the center confirms the growth that is happening in Canadian County. The Yukon School District, which includes some of western Oklahoma City, has grown from about 5,000 students in 2000 to 8,092 students in 2013. The high school was built four years ago with extra classrooms, but all the class space is filled now.

“It’s an attractive place for retail growth because of the numbers there,” he said. “It’s a great opportunity to bring more services to a region in the city that is growing.”

The I-40 corridor already has two shopping centers, the Outlet Shoppes at Oklahoma City and Westgate Marketplace. Foreman said those places serve different customers, so there will be room for this center, as well. Also, there are residential neighborhoods across the interstate from the Market on Czech Hall Road.

“It’s always positive to see retail growth in this part of Oklahoma City,” Foreman said.

There are Harris Teeter grocers in Dallas so maybe we'll get a Harris Teeter. That would be nice.

Harris Teeter teeter would be nice. I really miss the one I used to shop at in Charlotte. It is a Kroger brand now so if Kroger wants to enter the market they could do it as Harris Teeter, but I would say it would be more likely to be plain Kroger.

Actually after reading their proposal it appears that Phase I will be the grocery tenant. It just so happens that the the shape of the building for the grocery tenant matches the most recent Crest construction at SW 104th and May exactly. According to posts on OKCtalk about the size of that store were listing it as 95,000 sqft. It makes sense. Otherwise Crest is waiting on Yukon/ODOT to get their act together to put a new exit in what was proposed to be a development off Frisco Road. According to what information was available even with no delay that wasn't slated to be completed until 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by cxl144 View Post
    I could see a Home Depot and an Academy store in this area. People underestimate the affluence of the area. Lots of people have disposable income here but don't have any convenient stores to spend it in. With the widening of I40 nearly complete seems like a smart move for any retailer.
    Academy make a lot of sense, otherwise they are pretty much not even going to try and compete with Dicks and the some of the Outlet Shops for the possible customers on the west side of the metro. Home Depo I kind of doubt, there is already a Lowes one mile away from there and they already have a store like five miles away.

What an awful development. This is an insult to Czech villages.

Granted, I am happy to see the retail tax going to OKC and not Yukon.

Wasn't OKC considering lowering parking requirements for developments like this, some how it seems like it has even more than the average ridiculous amount (only plausibly filled the Saturday before Christmas)

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    That's all well and good, but that's not Yukon, that's Oklahoma City. Yukon really should have annexed more land on both sides of I40 back in the day, because they have missed out on quite a bit if you look even further east at the area around Mustang Road.
    I'm not positive but it's possible that OKC had annexed that area before Yukon started much in the way of annexing. When that was happening few had any idea about what might be coming in the way of new developments. There was virtually nothing along I40 in the Yukon area than.

It's interesting they bring up the growth of the Yukon school district. Over the past year, the Mustang school district grew at nearly 9x the rate of Yukon and has almost 3k more students. The city of Tukon has managed to somehow stall growth. I suspect it has a lot to do with the location of the floodplain of the river, the location of Express Ranch, and the lack of major roads to provide egress from I40 to the northern areas of Yukon.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    Wasn't OKC considering lowering parking requirements for developments like this, some how it seems like it has even more than the average ridiculous amount (only plausibly filled the Saturday before Christmas)
    If all of the out parcels are filled the amount of parking is nowhere near excessive. The ratio of parking spaces to stores appears to be much less than someplace like Westgate Marketplace.

It's interesting they bring up the growth of the Yukon school district. Over the past year, the Mustang school district grew at nearly 9x the rate of Yukon and has almost 3k more students. The city of Tukon has managed to somehow stall growth. I suspect it has a lot to do with the location of the floodplain of the river, the location of Express Ranch, and the lack of major roads to provide egress from I40 to the northern areas of Yukon.
    Yukon has mostly been growing south to i40 and east to the lake & now the Turnpike for decades, there just does not seem to have been much reason to build north or west to this point, this growth passed the city boarders going south & east years ago and finally past the school boarder on the south side. It is not like there is much of a drop off going to Mustang schools, so there is little reason for home buyers to not fill up the OKC land that was the natural progression of these trends, the area has easy access to i40 and the Yukon/OKC shopping centers off i40 in the area. I do not see this trend changing till the farmland in OKC off i40 in the area is full enough that westward growth becomes more appealing to developers.

Most of the growth in Yukon schools is coming from development near the Turnpike and some from the banner area for upper levels.

Kilpatrick

25. Default Re: $50 Million Retail Center

Is the development on Frisco Road dead or are both still planned?

Thread Information