Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Market at Czech Hall

Default Re: Market at Czech Village

At least OKC didnt give them a couiple million to open a store here like Enid did.

This is a nice win for OKC's coffers though, being that this will get most of its shoppers from Yukon and Mustang yet OKC gets the sales taxes.

So did they scale this down because earlier renderings showed a much larger plan and bigger stores. Are they going to develop this and let someone else develop the other part of it or is this just their first phase?

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    So did they scale this down because earlier renderings showed a much larger plan and bigger stores. Are they going to develop this and let someone else develop the other part of it or is this just their first phase?
    I like the pictures of the first plan. This new picture...not so much. So basically they're just going to build less than a dozen storefronts and leave the remainder of the development to some mythical 'others'? TWO traffic lights have been approved for what is basically a strip mall now.

They are just doing the project in phases, as in the norm.

Look at Westgate Marketplace, University North Park, etc. They were all done in the same manner.

I'm still waiting for that JC Penneys store they were supposed to build in the Yukon area. Driving the Wife to Moore or Quail Springs on Sundays gets in the way of my NFL viewing.

Quote Originally Posted by stick47 View Post
    I'm still waiting for that JC Penneys store they were supposed to build in the Yukon area. Driving the Wife to Moore or Quail Springs on Sundays gets in the way of my NFL viewing.
    Get her a drivers license.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    They are just doing the project in phases, as in the norm.

Look at Westgate Marketplace, University North Park, etc. They were all done in the same manner.
    I'm not arguing, just asking for clarification. The new picture says future development by others, rather than Phase II. Does GTB Realty plan to continue development, or are they doing a small portion and making the remainder of the site available for others to complete?

Quote Originally Posted by stick47 View Post
    JC Penneys got cold feet about opening a store (originally to be in the one of the buildings adjacent to Target) since when the recession hit at the same time the building was ready for them to move in, someone else took the space.

Also between they time they originally had planned moving there and the buildings being finished, they were in damage control mode after an attempt to change their model went bad, they were cash strapped from at least that time and continued on a downward spiral till about two years ago when near bankruptcy. Who knows if they will try again, there trend has mostly closing stores (granted one of their problems is many of their stores are in declining malls with time left on a lease)

Default Re: $50 Million Retail Center

Apparently this project is a back alive supposedly as a "Main Street USA " model per KOSU morning report.

Anybody know who the broker is for this project?

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Pioneer View Post
    Apparently this project is a back alive supposedly as a "Main Street USA " model per KOSU morning report.
    Like... Disney Land?

Looks like alot of retailers are joining Academy Sports and Outdoors...Construction was in progress with alot of activity on a Sunday. The size of the land is Massive.
    IMG_1420.JPGIMG_1421.JPG

It's kind of odd that several of those stores are what around 5 miles down the road?

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    It's kind of odd that several of those stores are what around 5 miles down the road?
    There's a PetSmart in Yukon. No Marshall's as far as I know. Ulta is at SW 3rd and Meridian, same with Ross. According to their website, the nearest Five Below is 150 miles away. Rack Room shoes is at the outlet mall. Not a single one of those stores is worth a warm bowl of dog pee to me, but for those who do shop there and live in Yukon, I imagine they're going to be pretty happy.

I don't think that Ulta, Ross, Rack Room Shoes, etc were counting on the customer count those stores bring in as much as they see the benefit of their marquee facing I-40 and it's 75,600 car per day traffic count. (IE: they'll make it up on the back end)

As soon as I heard Academy, I prepared myself to be pretty underwhelmed. Might as well throw a Walmart and Payless into the mix.

Work is being done and a sign up with some of the tenants proposed.

Academy
    Petco
    5below

were just a few I saw.

Is it possible to merge this thread with this one http://www.okctalk.com/yukon-mustang...tml#post942166

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Is it possible to merge this thread with this one http://www.okctalk.com/yukon-mustang...tml#post942166
    I don't know if it would be necessary to combine both projects. Both these projects are completely different. with different owners of the land.

Quote Originally Posted by Kemotblue View Post
    I don't know if it would be necessary to combine both projects. Both these projects are completely different. with different owners of the land.
    I think these are both the same development by GBT Realty ? Both on Czech Hall and I-40.

Quote Originally Posted by whatitis View Post
    Work is being done and a sign up with some of the tenants proposed.

Academy
    Petco
    5below

were just a few I saw.
    It had Marshall's, Ross, and Rack Room Shoes, that I can remember. Does anyone know of the full list of stores? Looks like that development will support a lot more than that.

bump

Academy Sports, Ross, Ulta, Marshalls, Rack Room, Five Below, Petco, a nail salon, and Supercuts are the tenants that have signed a lease from what I understand. Supposedly have active LOIs on the rest of the smaller spaces too.

I'm no developer, but this has got to be the actual definition of sprawl right? Almost exactly copying a shopping center (substitute Academy for Dick's) that exists less than 5 miles away just to steal sales revenue. Not only that, there's more than enough land off of Garth Brooks that they could have easily put this next to the other retail developments, but I'm assuming they just got a great deal on this land.

Thread Information