Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Market at Czech Hall

Default Re: Market at Czech Village

Quote Originally Posted by baralheia View Post
    Pete, based on the shape of the building outline on the site plan drawings, I think you may have the Arby's/Sleep Inn locations reversed. An operator like US Beef Corp (the Arby's franchisee for this region of the US) would definitely not want their restaurant hidden behind a hotel - they would want direct street access. I'd expect them to take what I assume is an unlabeled Outparcel A, or Outparcel B. Plus, the building outline and parking lot configuration depicted where you have the "Arby's?" label screams hotel to me, and is unlike any of the Arby's locations I've seen US Beef build.
    In the site plan I posted, the red-lettered "HOTEL" was already on there; I just added SLEEP INN.

Plus, I have the site plan for the Sleep Inn and it's definitely as I've marked it.

Another fugly development.

IMO the new development is adhering to the real estate cliche: "Location, Location, Location". Many of those stores signs there can be seen by everyone driving on I-40. That's a pretty big bang for the buck in the advertising business.

Also my 'out in the country' residence doesn't seem as country now. Sitting on the patio after dark nowdays I see the lights of Czech Hall Marketplace five miles away. Not a help for star gazing.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Another fugly development.
    I've seen worse. Like the strip mall at 10th and Mustang Road. That has no tenants other than Pie Five. At least this is an actual shopping center that won't be empty blight in a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    In the site plan I posted, the red-lettered "HOTEL" was already on there; I just added SLEEP INN.

Plus, I have the site plan for the Sleep Inn and it's definitely as I've marked it.
    Okay, fair enough! Thanks for the update. It'll be interesting to see how this shopping center fills out!

When and where does Crest Foods fit into all this or is it just a dream?

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    When and where does Crest Foods fit into all this or is it just a dream?
    As I understand it (could very well be wrong), where would be Phase II, 'behind' the current phase, to the south.

When? Who knows. According to Crest's website, they are happy to announce store number 9, their second location in Edmond, opening next year. The last store before this was 2013.

I had always thought Crest had a deal to go into the new phase behind the hospital if they'd ever get off ramps to Frisco. That always seemed like a pipe dream to me, as going in this shopping center on Czech Hall would be a more realistic goal. If I remember right it's because Yukon wanted them within their city limits.

My very incomplete understanding comes from bits and pieces, some three years old, but as I understand it, Yukon announced Crest had a 'firm commitment' to come to Yukon. The aim was for the Frisco road area, which as far as I know (haven't looked behind the hospital recently) hasn't seen so much as a blade of grass move. In the meantime, Czech Village popped up, and rumors started that Crest would look there.

So if the plan is to go at the future Frisco Road development, the pro there is Yukon gets tax money, the con is who knows when or if that will even happen, considering the amount of work needed to even make the site viable to be considered. If the plan is to go at Czech Village, the pro there is it will happen much faster, with the con being Yukon doesn't get the tax money from the store itself, but gets the tax from anyone going across the street north to eat. One other possible con (and this involves dealings that do not involve me, so I've no idea how they go) is that Crest doesn't rent, they own, so unless GBT sells them a plot of land at Czech Village, it ain't happening.

Now again, there's a lot I don't actually KNOW, just what I've gleaned from reports (again, some of which are three years old now). But that said, it really looks like the choices for Yukon are have a Crest in a year or two, or have a Crest in a decade or so. I know which one I hope they choose.

Quote Originally Posted by stile99 View Post
    My very incomplete understanding comes from bits and pieces, some three years old, but as I understand it, Yukon announced Crest had a 'firm commitment' to come to Yukon. The aim was for the Frisco road area, which as far as I know (haven't looked behind the hospital recently) hasn't seen so much as a blade of grass move. In the meantime, Czech Village popped up, and rumors started that Crest would look there.

So if the plan is to go at the future Frisco Road development, the pro there is Yukon gets tax money, the con is who knows when or if that will even happen, considering the amount of work needed to even make the site viable to be considered. If the plan is to go at Czech Village, the pro there is it will happen much faster, with the con being Yukon doesn't get the tax money from the store itself, but gets the tax from anyone going across the street north to eat. One other possible con (and this involves dealings that do not involve me, so I've no idea how they go) is that Crest doesn't rent, they own, so unless GBT sells them a plot of land at Czech Village, it ain't happening.

Now again, there's a lot I don't actually KNOW, just what I've gleaned from reports (again, some of which are three years old now). But that said, it really looks like the choices for Yukon are have a Crest in a year or two, or have a Crest in a decade or so. I know which one I hope they choose.
    This is direct from Jim Crosby's mouth last week: 1) the proposed Frisco Road development is dead. Commercial development in that area will be looked at again when the I-40/Frisco interchange is complete, or at least physically in progress; 2) there is no chance of Crest coming to Yukon city limits. He said they asked too much of the city and he turned them down.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but Cheddar's is going into this development.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Not sure if this has been mentioned but Cheddar's is going into this development.
    Thank you for the confirmation. It was in the Mustang paper, but the location wasn't revealed (along with many other errors in the story), and the rumored signs that were "directly across from Academy" either never existed, or were only up for a day or so and then taken down.

It will be a free-standing building so I assume next to Hooters, etc.

Building permit has been filed.

Czcech Hall.JPG

Got this pic from the developers website. Looks like phase II is coming along. Anyone know what these 2 new buildings will be?

That 2nd Phase property is owned by a different developer than the one that has done all the work thus far.

Not sure about their tenants.

This development was really poorely planned. The streets branching off of the lights should be able to go straight through to the back to allow for better access to what I'm assuming will be apartments or higher density single family homes. They put buildings smack dab in the middle to maximize square footage. Any other major city you would have seen them plan better probably at the will of the city. OKC needs to plan better.

I don't recall hearing anything about apartments or homes being built in this shopping center. Not that this means it definitely isn't happening, but would explain why they weren't planned around. If the large area to the south of phase II turns out to be the long-rumored Crest, I am absolutely fine with an entrance going directly there.

No I don't think it's in the plans, I'm just saying I bet another developer will come and build them and it will be poorly planned with bad access.

Haven't started with Hooters, Cheddars or any of the out-parcel construction quite yet.

Do we know what is going into some of the smaller spaces in this strip?

All About Cha, Mathnasium, Shangri-La Spa, couple others I've forgotten even though I just drove past yesterday.

Oh, also just remembered, a GNC.

Things are moving pretty quickly here. Arby's has been open for a few weeks, the hotel behind it is seeing movement, and what I assume will be Cheddars and Hooters have more and more done every time I drive by. Down the street the car wash is almost open.

So what does Yukon need that can go into those open spots? Most everything is down the road in Westlake. I would like to see a Bed Bath and Beyond but not sure Yukon would be big enough. Could be room on the South Side of I-40 for one in Westlake area. Of course Crest in Yukon would be great. What else for Yukon?

Thread Information