Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Market at Czech Hall

Default Re: Market at Czech Village

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_M View Post
    I'm no developer, but this has got to be the actual definition of sprawl right? Almost exactly copying a shopping center (substitute Academy for Dick's) that exists less than 5 miles away just to steal sales revenue. Not only that, there's more than enough land off of Garth Brooks that they could have easily put this next to the other retail developments, but I'm assuming they just got a great deal on this land.
    Agreed!

I made a trip out there and took a picture of the sign showing their committed tenants.

Not easy to do! Had to find a place to pull over and then hike to where the sign is placed.

Pete, the sign on 10th St. is much more accessible...FYI

Quote Originally Posted by BoomerThunder1 View Post
    Pete, the sign on 10th St. is much more accessible...FYI
    Haha... *Now* you tell me!

Yukon seems to have taken the opportunity of construction to permanently lower the speed limit, which was originally set five miles faster when it was half OKC and half Yukon but they had annexed the OKC's portion road when they got part of Mustang road to rename it so the new high school did not have the address of the sport team's rival.

Took this pic earlier from the intersection of 10th and Czech Hall.

They literally stood that building up in 36 hours.

Crest Fresh Market coming to this development as well.

http://newsok.com/more-stores-coming...rticle/5512696

Guess that negates the plan to build a Crest at NW 36th & Cimarron Rd.

Is this the first real confirmation of a Crest being built. I've long suspected it based on their original plans.

Does anybody know what all is going into the smaller retail spaces in the strip? I can see who all the big box guys are but not sure who else.

Quote Originally Posted by soonermike81 View Post
    Does anybody know what all is going into the smaller retail spaces in the strip? I can see who all the big box guys are but not sure who else.
    They probably won't lease those until they are close to opening.

Usually goes to local businesses.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    They probably won't lease those until they are close to opening.

Usually goes to local businesses.
    Two for sure are 1) Genghis Grill and 2) a nail salon.

Quote Originally Posted by Paule4ou View Post
    Two for sure are 1) Genghis Grill and 2) a nail salon.
    Signs went up today for Cheddar's, Hooters, Sleep Inn and an Arby's all within this development.

I was really hoping for a Cheddars on the south side. Probably lost hope since they don't seem to build them very close together.

Nice to see so much coming soon to Yukon . Also Zaxby's is in the work on Garth Brooks in front of Lowe's on the East side of town Route 66 and the Turnpike a OnCue is being built next to the new Greens Apartment Complex. The shopping center at the corner of Sarah Road and Route 66 has started construction.

Quote Originally Posted by Paule4ou View Post
    Signs went up today for Cheddar's, Hooters, Sleep Inn and an Arby's all within this development.
    After driving through 3 times, I can't find these signs. Where are/were they?

I did notice an All About Cha is going into one of the smaller spots on the west side.

Not sure a hotel makes much sense at this location. There's about half a dozen at I-40 and Mustang and another two or three at I-40 and 92, but ok.

Quote Originally Posted by stile99 View Post
    After driving through 3 times, I can't find these signs. Where are/were they?

I did notice an All About Cha is going into one of the smaller spots on the west side.

Not sure a hotel makes much sense at this location. There's about half a dozen at I-40 and Mustang and another two or three at I-40 and 92, but ok.
    Directly across from Academy

Mustang paper has a typically horrible piece about Cheddar's opening in Yukon. No mention is made of WHERE in Yukon it is going. The article claims this will be the second location in the OKC Metro, there being one other in Midwest City (did the Norman location close?). The address of the Midwest City location is given as 4715 SW 179th, which would be in Newcastle. The rest of the article details the company's history, much as one would see on the 'About Us' section of a website.

I'm sure of the Sleep Inn and Cheddars locations and pretty sure about Arby's but unsure of exactly where Hooters is going.

Quote Originally Posted by stile99 View Post
    Mustang paper has a typically horrible piece about Cheddar's opening in Yukon. No mention is made of WHERE in Yukon it is going. The article claims this will be the second location in the OKC Metro, there being one other in Midwest City (did the Norman location close?). The address of the Midwest City location is given as 4715 SW 179th, which would be in Newcastle. The rest of the article details the company's history, much as one would see on the 'About Us' section of a website.
    The one in Norman definitely didn't close. As always the Mustang Paper is pretty terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I'm sure of the Sleep Inn and Cheddars locations and pretty sure about Arby's but unsure of exactly where Hooters is going.

Thanks for the pics, Pete. I saw the first one posted earlier today. It can be seen from 10th and is approximately where the Sleep Inn is going. If there was a sign advertising all four directly across from Academy, it is definitely not there now.

What are some of the smaller ones? I can't quite see, but it looks like there will be a GNC right next to PetCo to the West, and then something else and then All About Cha.

In related news, do you have any info about Pei Wei on Shedeck? I made a point to go through there as well, and there are no signs of it. There's a hibachi place in the building I thought it was going, and the other two available units seem a bit small for it.

Pete, based on the shape of the building outline on the site plan drawings, I think you may have the Arby's/Sleep Inn locations reversed. An operator like US Beef Corp (the Arby's franchisee for this region of the US) would definitely not want their restaurant hidden behind a hotel - they would want direct street access. I'd expect them to take what I assume is an unlabeled Outparcel A, or Outparcel B. Plus, the building outline and parking lot configuration depicted where you have the "Arby's?" label screams hotel to me, and is unlike any of the Arby's locations I've seen US Beef build.

Thread Information