Widgets Magazine
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Market at Czech Hall

Default Re: Market at Czech Hall

Quote Originally Posted by PaddyShack View Post
    I drive thru OKC to get to my job in Del City, as does many people throughout the metro. Lots of local joints reside in the "burbs" and the two largest sports areas are not in OKC, in my opinion. If you look at just the core of OKC, there is not a ton of shopping either, retail goes where the roof tops are.
    I knew this would rub some the wrong way haha. I meant local/trendy non local shopping like classen curve, penn square, quail springs, 50 penn place, midtown, chisholm, plaza, paseo, automobile alley, uptown, western ave, downtown, bricktown, really all over the core for shopping, food, art, live music, entertainment and for sports the Thunder is far bigger than dare I say Sooner/Cowboy football, sooners are huge in OK but the Thunder has a global audience

Belle Isle has big box stores just like the north side which I consider the core.

Usually the suburbs have one main road with all the stores with a few side roads.

I grew up in San Antonio and 1604 is the outer loop like the turnpike kind of is in OKC along with I-240 to 35 and SA has the inner loop 410 which the LHP/44 across to 235 and down to 40 is like the inner loop for OKC if that makes sense. It's actually weird that a city the size of OKC doesn't have a loop

sure, people probably drive from norman to edmond and vice versa but most of the jobs are in OKC

I drive thru OKC to get to my job in Del City, as does many people throughout the metro. Lots of local joints reside in the "burbs" and the two largest sports areas are not in OKC, in my opinion. If you look at just the core of OKC, there is not a ton of shopping either, retail goes where the roof tops are.
    i would bet most of what you have listed here is in OKC

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    i would bet most of what you have listed here is in OKC
    OKC sure, but not really the "core" to anyone's standards.

Quote Originally Posted by shartel_ave View Post
    I knew this would rub some the wrong way haha. I meant local/trendy non local shopping like classen curve, penn square, quail springs, 50 penn place, midtown, chisholm, plaza, paseo, automobile alley, uptown, western ave, downtown, bricktown, really all over the core for shopping, food, art, live music, entertainment and for sports the Thunder is far bigger than dare I say Sooner/Cowboy football, sooners are huge in OK but the Thunder has a global audience

Belle Isle has big box stores just like the north side which I consider the core.

Usually the suburbs have one main road with all the stores with a few side roads.

I grew up in San Antonio and 1604 is the outer loop like the turnpike kind of is in OKC along with I-240 to 35 and SA has the inner loop 410 which the LHP/44 across to 235 and down to 40 is like the inner loop for OKC if that makes sense. It's actually weird that a city the size of OKC doesn't have a loop

sure, people probably drive from norman to edmond and vice versa but most of the jobs are in OKC
    I only say OU/OSU is larger than Thunder and Dodgers, because not only is it football, but baseball/softball, wrestling, soccer, etc. I know Thunder has a global audience, but those are not physical bodies driving to DTOKC. I am speaking to the number of physical bodies moving about for sports events.

I guess you could make that same argument for any NBA team vs year around college sports.

Quote Originally Posted by shartel_ave View Post

OU football is far far bigger then the Thunder ... it is not close ....

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    OU football is far far bigger then the Thunder ... it is not close ....
    If it is it is only in Oklahoma, like I said the Thunder has global reach and Sooner football is probably not known outside of the US and probably a lot of people in other states don't know about it either. My wife couldn't name a college football team outside of oklahoma but she knows NBA teams and we don't watch NBA.

Thunder basketball estimated revenue last season was $183 million 2020/2021) during the pandemic

Sooner football revenue $129 million (2019) pretty close, can't find any info for 2020/2021

What on earth does any of this have to do with the Market at Czech Hall??

Back to topic, please.

The first tenant going into the small strip center near Taco Casa will be Sleep Number.

Not sure who is taking the drive-thru on the east end.

It seems odd Sleep Number would need a location with a drive through.

Sleep Number, The Joint Chiropractic and Wing Stop are all confirmed here.283778007_10208959127290864_4295419732200830948_n.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Paule4ou View Post
    Sleep Number, The Joint Chiropractic and Wing Stop are all confirmed here.283778007_10208959127290864_4295419732200830948_n.jpg
    That suggests no more drive thrus?

The first OKC-area Mod Pizza is going into a new space under construction just south of the new HomeGoods. It will have a covered patio facing toward Crest.

I'm sure they are looking at more locations in OKC just like Swig and Mo-Bettahs.

https://modpizza.com/

The other space between Mod and HomeGoods will be a European Wax Center. On the north side of HG will be Huntington Jewelers.

Is the European Wax Center where you can go to get a Brazilian or where you can go to get your BMW detailed?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The first OKC-area Mod Pizza is going into a new space under construction…
    Was there one briefly in Moore? I swore there was but now I don’t see one listed

16. Default Re: Market at Czech Hall

Quote Originally Posted by DowntownMan View Post
    Was there one briefly in Moore? I swore there was but now I don’t see one listed
    You may be thinking of Pizza Hudl that was next to the Subway on Santa Fe near 19th.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Is the European Wax Center where you can go to get a Brazilian or where you can go to get your BMW detailed?
    These are the questions the need answering!

These are the questions the need answering!
    The better question is, why not both?

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi Blues View Post
    The better question is, why not both?
    Hopefully with separate technicians for each side, cross-training might not be good in that situation.

The land behind Crest is marked available. Wasn't that supposed to be apartments?

I thought Pub W was going in with Neighborhood Jam, not The Winston.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorwho View Post
    I thought Pub W was going in with Neighborhood Jam, not The Winston.
    Yes, I think that is still the plan. That graphic is probably old.

There have been building permit applications for NJ and Pub W.

I thought the OU health was supposed to open quite a while ago. Anyone know the holdup or is it a staffing issue?

Just to the west of this shopping center along 10th, a large new apartment complex is planned along with what looks like a retail strip center.

This would be between the proposed car dealership and Arby's:

I can't remember if it was Ch4 or Ch5 but one night this week they reported that Yukon had the 5th fastest growing zip code in the US. Feel free to fact check me lol.

Thread Information