Widgets Magazine
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Market at Czech Hall

Default Re: Market at Czech Hall

Quote Originally Posted by roci28 View Post
    That will be a nice addition. Looking forward to seeing what’s going next to Slim Chicken.
    There hasn't been any building permit applications for that site as of yet.

Anyone know what happened at the Burlington in Yukon last night (12/28). There were at least 6 fire trucks and a bunch of cop cars and ambulances around 8pm last night. I drive by and the entire parking lot was full of emergency vehicles with their emergency lights on. I looked online but couldn't find anything that went down. Also I got closer and saw at least 1 fire truck had it's ladder out to the top of the building.

Quote Originally Posted by whatitis View Post
    Anyone know what happened at the Burlington in Yukon last night (12/28). There were at least 6 fire trucks and a bunch of cop cars and ambulances around 8pm last night. I drive by and the entire parking lot was full of emergency vehicles with their emergency lights on. I looked online but couldn't find anything that went down. Also I got closer and saw at least 1 fire truck had it's ladder out to the top of the building.
    I saw someone post in a group on Facebook that it was fire on the roof.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHayes View Post
    I saw someone post in a group on Facebook that it was fire on the roof.

Thanks. That makes sense. Looked tonight and it was closed at 6pm so it might be shut down for a while

Quote Originally Posted by ChowRunner View Post
    I drove by yesterday and looked inside Mo Bettahs and it doesn't look like any work has been done since this picture. I don't know what the hold up is

A couple of weeks ago on Facebook's "Yukon Happenings" group, someone said their daughter got hired at Mo Bettahs and said they will open in March. If true, maybe they anticipated a slow construction time.

I bet they are trying to open all of their OKC-area locations (Yukon, Uptown, MWC) one after another.

Will likely have some regional/national staff on hand to help.

The Uptown location is well underway, but there is still plenty to be done.

Mo Bettahs Opens Friday 4/1

When are they going to start with slim chicken next to Taco Casa? There’s also supposed to be a small strip center in between there and Longhorn

As posted in another thread, Mo' Bettahs has opened in this center.

Also, Burlington has reopened after a small fire and Homegoods is well under construction (first photo). There is more retail space being added on the other side of Burlington, but no permits have been filed for tenants. The OU Health urgent care facility in front of Crest is almost finished.

And some pretty big news for this area of town: plans have been submitted to build a new Pub W and Neighborhood Jam in the location indicated by the red arrow in the third image.

Awesome! Thanks for the update. Neighborhood Jam will be SLAMMED, I love their Midtown location

Talk about an ideal spot to build apartments behind all that restaurant and retail!

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post
    Talk about an ideal spot to build apartments behind all that restaurant and retail!

Oh yeah I remember that now. But there's so much more like in that area in the last pic with all that green acreage.

HangryHippo Guest

If only a few urbanesque principles had been applied, they’ve landed some quality tenants.

The only negative about this development is the parking situation on the west end of the center. You can not get a spot by Qdoba or Cha

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post
    I think it would feel strange living there, since one would have to drive a car from the apartments to easily access those shops. There are no sidewalks or crosswalks anywhere in the shopping center.

On the north side of Burlington, the building under construction will be for Huntington Fine Jewelers:

https://www.huntingtonfinejewelers.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Thatguy15 View Post
    The only negative about this development is the parking situation on the west end of the center. You can not get a spot by Qdoba or Cha
    This. ^^^. It's always packed on the west side.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Slim Chickens is taking the spot directly east of Taco Casa:

Slim Chickens has filed their building permit.

Should see movement on the site in a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Slim Chickens has filed their building permit.

Should see movement on the site in a few months.
    DIrt work stated last Wednesday.IMG_2370.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by dhpersonal View Post
    I think it would feel strange living there, since one would have to drive a car from the apartments to easily access those shops. There are no sidewalks or crosswalks anywhere in the shopping center.
    This is almost exactly like the situation on Penn & Memorial with Super Target and all of the apartments behind that. And traffic is getting to be just as crazy with all of the housing south of I-40.

I remember a couple of people saying the MSA matters more than the actual city which is so not true IMO. I mean, where is all the traffic heading in the morning? To the city and out of the city in the evening. Most people come to the city for entertainment and food.

Not saying there is nothing to do in the burbs as they are more family oriented than the city core and I get that is appealing to a lot of people but the city is the center for arts, live music, good local food, sports, shopping, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by shartel_ave View Post
    I remember a couple of people saying the MSA matters more than the actual city which is so not true IMO. I mean, where is all the traffic heading in the morning? To the city and out of the city in the evening. Most people come to the city for entertainment and food.

Not saying there is nothing to do in the burbs as they are more family oriented than the city core and I get that is appealing to a lot of people but the city is the center for arts, live music, good local food, sports, shopping, etc.
    I drive thru OKC to get to my job in Del City, as does many people throughout the metro. Lots of local joints reside in the "burbs" and the two largest sports areas are not in OKC, in my opinion. If you look at just the core of OKC, there is not a ton of shopping either, retail goes where the roof tops are.

Thread Information