Quote Originally Posted by LandArchPoke View Post
The comments here crack me up. They are not objective what so ever.

Motley, people it Tulsa are actually happy for Oklahoma City, but at the same time wishing they could somehow complete these projects in a more urban manner. No matter what you all think.. what is good for one city is good for the other. The majority of Tulsan on TulsaNow and what I've spoke to in person about these developments are glad nothing like this is happening in our downtown. We have so far done a great job at not demoing the building stock we have left for new development. If we could just run Kanbar out of Tulsa the downtown office market would take off, that group is a mess so be thankful you don't have anyone like that involved in Downtown OKC.

Panda, you are missing several areas. I thought you come to Tulsa all the time? And know exactly how ****ty it is? If you really do (as I suspect you don't) then you could speak to your prejudice against Tulsa in a more tactful and believable way, instead of coming off insecure and jealous. It's just a Trader Joe's - the sky isn't falling.

To say the CBD has no life is a joke. When's the last time you were there again (tell the truth)? Boston Avenue has a presence unlike any other in the state. There has been so many new retailers in the CBD in the last year that they had to cancel the annual "pop-up shops" during Christmas because there is no retail space left. You have the Blue Dome, East Village, Brady Arts District, and the SOBO areas all in the downtown core that are full of all types of retail. There is also approximately 1,000 housing units that will be under construction and complete by the end of 2016. There's also several out of state developers circling the downtown area looking to add 200-400 units each, so that number could easily increase to closer to 2,000 if any can acquire the land needed.

Tulsa has a really interesting developing neighborhood called the Pearl District just outside of the downtown core. Cherry Street is also slowing running over, and you're seeing interest grow on 15th Street east of the Broken Arrow Expressway. Brookside, the main section of Cherry Street, and Utica Square are obviously the well established urban areas outside of downtown. Woodland Hills still has the state's nicest and largest Dillard's and nicest Macy's. Woodland Hills and Penn Square are both basically the same square feet, but Penn Square does have high sales per square foot. I could honestly care less about mall's though, as I rarely visit them and if I go I generally go to a department store (Macys, Dillards, Von Maur) and leave as fast as I can. Who brags about malls anyways? No one. Because they are obsolete and a dying segment of American real estate.

I'd also rather spend that money you think will be spent to widen I-44 to 6 lanes on high speed rail between the cities. If you really think that in 20 years comparing OKC and Tulsa will be like comparing OKC and Houston now... well I'd love to have whatever you are smoking because it must be very strong.
Tulsa sucks. I go there about 2-3 times a month. I hate it and can't wait to leave when I'm there.