Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: General Weather Discussion - November 2014

1. Default Re: General Weather Discussion - November 2014

HRRR for the rest of the evening... another 1-2" possible for Norman and south. Probably another inch over OKC if this snow band continues to park itself over I-40.

Default Re: General Weather Discussion - November 2014

So did it actually turn out that those of us south of I40 actually got it worse?

Still coming down pretty good in south Norman.

4. Default Re: General Weather Discussion - November 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Easy180 View Post
    So did it actually turn out that those of us south of I40 actually got it worse?
    Yeah the main band setup right over the area and that can always enhance snow totals. The main push is coming now with the band sitting over Norman and will keep moving SE.

5. Default Re: General Weather Discussion - November 2014

3.5" on the east side of Moore. Hearing 4.5" from our forecasters at our office on the OU research campus.

6. Default Re: General Weather Discussion - November 2014

Yeah sounds like Norman is a general 3-5 inches.

Looking forward, warming continues tomorrow heading into weekend, then a shot at some rain comes in sat/sun. Best chance of rain looks like eastern OK.

After that we get cold again for a few more days and we rebound temps again until the next storm.

This cycle looks to be on repeat at least through the first week of December.

Any information on this system coming in the day or two after Thanksgiving that people are already hinting at like it will be a winter type system??

Best bet for that forecast is 2 days out because the models will toss back and forth 15,000 times between now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    Best bet for that forecast is 2 days out because the models will toss back and forth 15,000 times between now and then.
    Yep.

A 10-day forecast I saw showed 54 for Thanksgiving and 32 for Black Friday... but it's a 10-day, so it's a very general guidance at this point.

^What those guys said^

But I will still take a stab at it based upon GFS long-range. Trying to spot the next storm after this weekend, I am looking at the first few days of December. Notably the 2nd right now. Now I am not sure if it will be liquid or frozen, but something appears to occur around then.

As it stands, Thanksgiving looks just fine.

What are the models reading for tomorrow's rain in the metro? Channel 9 has it at 80% chance, Channel 4 says "50%" chance, KOCO is stating Thunderstorms beginning tonight and into tomorrow. I haven't been to Fox. I'd just like to see where things stand on the law of averages since my workplace has an outside event tomorrow.

14. Default Re: General Weather Discussion - November 2014

Quote Originally Posted by FritterGirl View Post
    What are the models reading for tomorrow's rain in the metro? Channel 9 has it at 80% chance, Channel 4 says "50%" chance, KOCO is stating Thunderstorms beginning tonight and into tomorrow. I haven't been to Fox. I'd just like to see where things stand on the law of averages since my workplace has an outside event tomorrow.
    Raining increasing through the afternoon. Could be heavy especially over the SE metro area.

15. Default Re: General Weather Discussion - November 2014

How about for the OU game? Thanks.

How much rain is SW and Western OK getting today? Is it enough to help fill (at least a little) the lakes, especially Lake Altus and Tom Steed?

Any rain down there is helpful. However, I can't imagine this one pass of rain would be anywhere near enough to overcome what they have been dealing with down there for a period which runs several years.

Quote Originally Posted by catcherinthewry View Post
    How about for the OU game? Thanks.
    presently delayed to 12:30 at the earliest. The delay might well run longer.

No, but I was hoping this rain might be a 2+ and have some measurable runoff into the lakes. SW OK has had a nice stream of small showers this year, but none big enough to cause much runoff. They need a series of big gully washers, so was hoping this might be the first in a very long time to raise the water levels a little.

This rains been great, we've picked up at least 2 inches at the home in Harrah and looking at the radar even more is coming.

In Stillwater, the best that could be done was .05" of rain plus a prettier than usual sunset. Meanwhile, much of south central Oklahoma has had over 3 inches of rain and still falling.

22. Default Re: General Weather Discussion - November 2014

Over 2" so far in Norman and still raining for a bit longer.

23. Default Re: General Weather Discussion - November 2014

Some light freezing rain seems possible across the Metro and to the south and east tomorrow night into Monday morning. Nothing heavy at this time to worry about.

Thread Information