Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More Yukon restaraunts

Default More Yukon restaraunts

Now Chelino's and Raising Canes announced they are coming to Yukon. Growing up pretty fast....

Default Re: More Yukon restaraunts

Just a short drive up Mustang road for me. Grandkids live in Yukon so double yay.

HangryHippo Guest

Where are you seeing these announcements?

The population out west of OKC is booming. It would be nice to have some more close to home choices. Bring 'em on.

I wish mustang would get these over Pukon.

That's great. Not too far to drive. As for Mustang, wish they'd put in a movie theatre.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    I wish mustang would get these over Pukon.
    Are you still in high school?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    Are you still in high school?
    Lighten up Francis, old habits die hard.

Yukon goes in these weird spurts, there won't be announcements, and then boom they are announcing a handful of new places coming. I'd say Yukon is doing something right. Hell once they finish 40 up and it's not such a hassle over there that could spur even more growth.

Yukon has both I-40 and Route 66 running through it. Unfortunately Hwy 4 and Hwy 152 do not get that kind of traffic, and traffic is where the money is.

Considering the population boom, I'm surprised Mustang isn't attracting more business, both commercial and industrial. It's certainly an up and coming town for people who don't want to live in the city, but want to live in the metro.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel View Post
    Yukon has both I-40 and Route 66 running through it. Unfortunately Hwy 4 and Hwy 152 do not get that kind of traffic, and traffic is where the money is.
    A couple of years ago, the manager told me that the highest customer count for Chili's in Oklahoma was the one in Yukon at Garth Brooks and I-40.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    A couple of years ago, the manager told me that the highest customer count for Chili's in Oklahoma was the one in Yukon at Garth Brooks and I-40.
    I believe it. It's always busy.

Canes expected to open mid 2015. will be close to the Long John Silvers/A&W on Garth Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by gurantula35 View Post
    Canes expected to open mid 2015. will be close to the Long John Silvers/A&W on Garth Brooks
    Is it going where Sharon's Hallmark is currently located? I noticed yesterday that the Hallmark is closing. I was surprised. Are they moving somewhere else in Yukon, or are they just closing outright?

Quote Originally Posted by yukong View Post
    Is it going where Sharon's Hallmark is currently located? I noticed yesterday that the Hallmark is closing. I was surprised. Are they moving somewhere else in Yukon, or are they just closing outright?
    It seems like some of the parking spots that have never been filled since Walmart moved across the street would be a good use for this, since pretty much any of the buildings on the LJS/A&W side that are near it would probably have to be demolished, as the others in the metro are pretty much the same building & drive through layout. The old Chinese place would take the least change in site layout if they do go that way.

Quote Originally Posted by yukong View Post
    Cane's is going where Sharon's Hallmark is. The store is closing for good on Saturday. The owner's decided to retire after Cane's wanted the spot.

I asked them when I was there a couple of weeks ago if they were moving and the owner said they were retiring after 24 years in business. It is a shame to see a local family business leave for a fast food chain. Growing pains. The people of Yukon will surely miss their Hallmark store.

That's too bad. I hate to see Yukon without a Hallmark. However, for the owners of the Hallmark, I'm sure that they got a nice retirement check from the Cane's folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kemotblue View Post
    I asked them when I was there a couple of weeks ago if they were moving and the owner said they were retiring after 24 years in business. It is a shame to see a local family business leave for a fast food chain. Growing pains. The people of Yukon will surely miss their Hallmark store.
    The owner, Sharon, is a great person, but she's ready to settle down to play with her new great nephew. That's what I was told. You can't refuse a good offer as they own that property, and not just the business. I wouldn't count out another store in Yukon, just not the same owner.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperChris7 View Post
    The owner, Sharon, is a great person, but she's ready to settle down to play with her new great nephew. That's what I was told. You can't refuse a good offer as they own that property, and not just the business. I wouldn't count out another store in Yukon, just not the same owner.
    J's Hallmark is going in the old Rue 21 Express next to Target.

Sign for Hallmark is already up, but not sure if they are open. The old Hallmark is already bulldozed to the ground.

I saw the old Hallmark bulldozed and the Raising Cane coming soon sign on the fence today. I also noticed behind the Domino's Convenient store the ground was broken. I heard at one time that Chicken Express was building on that site. So hopefully we will see something soon. I notice they haven't' started on the Hideway Pizza yest just leveled the ground and put in the plumbing and parking entrances exits. Nothing now just a blank slate hopefully that sites gets active soon. Exciting times for Yukon I figure it will be like the Moore I-35 corridor in 10 years with the amount of growth.

Man I love Raising Canes!

Raising Canes opens this week. Drove by yesterday and it said it opens in 4 days

Quote Originally Posted by Wishbone View Post
    Man I love Raising Canes!
    I love saving on gas. Double win!

Thread Information