Widgets Magazine
Page 63 of 65 FirstFirst ... 135859606162636465 LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 1613

Thread: Criterion Concert Hall

Default Re: Criterion Concert Hall

Yeah I had heard that a Sheriff's sale was very likely in like February. Have to imagine it's coming soon.

I lost no sleep when the Bricktown Event Center was no more but losing the Criterion sucks. I’ve been to over a dozen concerts here and it will leave a big live music void for OKC especially for the 16-30 year old crowd. Sure it wasn’t run the best but they got some pretty good lower tier acts. I bet someone would step up to operate a concert venue but not likely until recovery from the Covid economic blow.

It feels like this venue was getting a decent footing and then suddenly a pandemic wiped pretty much the entire live entertainment industry. It is really a shame, but at least the thing is built and will definitely be used in the future once the pandemic is "over". It is probably OKC's most legit modern venue.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    It feels like this venue was getting a decent footing and then suddenly a pandemic wiped pretty much the entire live entertainment industry. It is really a shame, but at least the thing is built and will definitely be used in the future once the pandemic is "over". It is probably OKC's most legit modern venue.
    I agree with you. My only real complaints about the venue were the ehhh speakers and and the fact that they couldn't keep the power on consistently during EDM concerts haha. There's something to be said about them being delinquent for 3 years though.

Quote Originally Posted by Southsider2 View Post
    I agree with you. My only real complaints about the venue were the ehhh speakers and and the fact that they couldn't keep the power on consistently during EDM concerts haha. There's something to be said about them being delinquent for 3 years though.
    Sad to hear about, but not surprised. They've been kind of mismanaged during their entire existence, up until just before the pandemic, when things changed mgmt/booker-wise, so maybe someone new that can do better will pick it up if it's auctioned (but I doubt it, we seem to have a lack of really good bookers in this city, with the Tower crew being an exception).

How much did local government give this venue via TIF?

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    How much did local government give this venue via TIF?
    $450K.

And remember, the big argument for TIF is that increased property tax due to the new development pay for the incentives in the long term.

Doesn't work very well when those taxes are never paid.

8. Default Re: Criterion Concert Hall

lol, oops
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Blog Entries

They just announced a show on 11/7?

10. Default Re: Criterion Concert Hall

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    They just announced a show on 11/7?
    Yep... I saw that too.

Ran across this on the Daily Mail. The Criterion was used as a test venue for future Flaming Lips performances.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...bles-show.html

The Flaming Lips bubble concert sold out immediately. They said they are going to add another date.

13. Default Re: Criterion Concert Hall

cool
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

St. Vincent, Tue, 10/5.

Artist presale started yesterday (WHOSYOURDADDY), venue presale starts today (check Twitter or Facebook for a code, I guess, they didn't send out an email about this show), general onsale is next week, I think.

St. Vincent is a good get.

But the Criterion has still not paid their property taxes since the facility was finished in 2017. Their bill is now approaching $400,000.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    St. Vincent is a good get.

But the Criterion has still not paid their property taxes since the facility was finished in 2017. Their bill is now approaching $400,000.
    Why hasn't something happened with that? I thought places got closed, auctioned, some kind of penalty was assessed if property taxes aren't paid?

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Why hasn't something happened with that? I thought places got closed, auctioned, some kind of penalty was assessed if property taxes aren't paid?
    I don't know why the county assessor allows this. Just try not paying the property taxes on your home; they will come down on you like a ton of bricks.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    St. Vincent, Tue, 10/5.

Artist presale started yesterday (WHOSYOURDADDY), venue presale starts today (check Twitter or Facebook for a code, I guess, they didn't send out an email about this show), general onsale is next week, I think.
    The artist pre-sale happened only about an hour after the show was even announced. Next week is the "Venue Pre-sale" and I saw that code (DOWNINOKC) in an email right before the artist pre-sale began... pretty convoluted, but I'll take it.

This is always a fun time for OKC concert announcements because the Austin City Limits festival official line-up drops and you get a lot of artists looking for gigs nearby. So the Criterion might have a few more announcements coming up.. as well as other venues for this week. Also probably the reason why the Diamond Ballroom snagged Modest Mouse and Future Islands

Way off in the future, but King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard on Halloween 2022 will be a fun show. They'll probably have released 4 or 5 new albums by then too, lmao.

They just announced Kesha for August 17th.

Events are starting to get scheduled out all over the city now.

I hope Kesha gets herself back in order. Last time I’d heard about her she was going through a lot. Good to see her performing.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I hope Kesha gets herself back in order. Last time I’d heard about her she was going through a lot. Good to see her performing.
    Did the Ween show get canceled or is that still happening?

Blog Entries

My gf said she has a credit for the ween show so I'm presuming it's canceled?

It is cancelled per their events page

Damn. Oh well.

Thread Information