Widgets Magazine
Page 64 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1459606162636465 LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 1613

Thread: Criterion Concert Hall

Default Re: Criterion Concert Hall

Lindsey Buckingham, 12/17, venue presale code is LINDSEYOKC. Reserved seating, floor only, just got our tix and they were the last row, center section (selected for us by their algorithm), apparently the presale started a couple of hours ago.

2. Default Re: Criterion Concert Hall

6th row. Wish I’d seen it a bit sooner.

Saw him a few years ago at ACM@UCO’s performance lab; just Buckingham, a guitar and a mic. A storyteller type format. Dude has a massive ego to be sure, but damn, he can make music. And has some incredible stories to tell.

Man, the Criterion is coming back with a bang! Tons of concerts over the next two months! Check it out.

https://criterionokc.com

Lake Street Dive must love OKC for how often they play here lol

^

Their two shows at the Jones sold out.

I went to the first one and they were great and crowd was really into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    ^

Their two shows at the Jones sold out.

I went to the first one and they were great and crowd was really into it.
    because Rachel Price.

But, really, that whole band is talented. Both show at the Jones sounded great, too. Not sure if I can make this one though.

The Criterion finally paid their property taxes.

Had owed hundreds of thousands since they bought the property in 2015 but now are completely up to date.

Louis The Child brought that bag $$$!

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Louis The Child brought that bag $$$!
    hahahaha. I believe it..

The Criterion is killing it! A Day to Remember is coming in, and they are a massive get for them.

11. Default Re: Criterion Concert Hall

hope the successes continue!!
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

12. Default Re: Criterion Concert Hall

Was it the Criterion that switched the group that books shows or was that another venue? If it was Criterion, I wonder if this recent success is directly responsible for that.

Quote Originally Posted by king183 View Post
    Was it the Criterion that switched the group that books shows or was that another venue? If it was Criterion, I wonder if this recent success is directly responsible for that.
    They were using the knitting factory for a while and that was when I noticed a lot more of this level of talent arriving. Just before COVID, they started also having Patchwork Presents as a booker and it seems that relationship has really worked out with this latest stretch of announcements. I don’t believe there is an exclusive booking relationship at this point, so you can go on their website and any upcoming event will tell you which company booked it

14. Default Re: Criterion Concert Hall

They’ve made a number of changes related to bookings, but realistically what most likely enabled them to catch up on things all at once was receipt of the Shuttered Venue Operators Grant funding, for which they almost certainly qualified. That was a massive shot in the arm for music venues and theaters - “Hamilton” on Broadway received $30 million and may ultimately get $50M - and venues began receiving funds in late June.

Quote Originally Posted by 3nglnd View Post
    They were using the knitting factory for a while and that was when I noticed a lot more of this level of talent arriving. Just before COVID, they started also having Patchwork Presents as a booker and it seems that relationship has really worked out with this latest stretch of announcements. I don’t believe there is an exclusive booking relationship at this point, so you can go on their website and any upcoming event will tell you which company booked it
    I thought they were using Live Nation now?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The Criterion finally paid their property taxes.

Had owed hundreds of thousands since they bought the property in 2015 but now are completely up to date.
    Thank God!

This is great news. Now, if they would start instituting vaxxed-only shows I would start buying tickets. But not until then.

I'm going to Foo Fighters but that is outside. Going to see Samantha Crain at Tower but that will be a heavily vaxxed audience for sure.

Not quite ready to mix it up at the Criterion until this **** is behind us, and the only way that happens is exponentially more people getting vaccinated.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    I thought they were using Live Nation now?
    I didn't take the time to click on absolutely every event, but 2 of their biggest shows - Jason Isbell and A Day To Remember - are a combination of "Patchwork and Live Nation Present"

Looks like there are quite a few bookers in the pipeline, usually segmented by genre, but Patchwork is definitely the most consistently credited for their listed upcoming shows - either by itself or in conjunction with another booker

18. Default Re: Criterion Concert Hall

I can't make it to Marc Rebillet tonight. Selling my 2 tix for $30/each if anyone is interested. Will do venmo then I'll text you the tickets. Thanks!

I enjoyed St, Vincent a great deal. The staff did a great job at the gate checking vaccine status, the bar staff was friendly and efficient, and most importantly, what a great crowd. Definitely a more music-focused, sophisticated audience than I have seen at most concerts in OKC. St. Vincent was terrific as well. Great night!

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    I enjoyed St, Vincent a great deal. The staff did a great job at the gate checking vaccine status, the bar staff was friendly and efficient, and most importantly, what a great crowd. Definitely a more music-focused, sophisticated audience than I have seen at most concerts in OKC. St. Vincent was terrific as well. Great night!
    St. Vincent was great, but a comedian for an opener? Also a shame the balcony was closed off - not great sales for such a popular and good artist.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    St. Vincent was great, but a comedian for an opener? Also a shame the balcony was closed off - not great sales for such a popular and good artist.
    she had a different opener scheduled that sort of abruptly cancelled all touring plans at the last minute. I'm assuming that was tough to re-book.. Definitely something you don't see very often anymore, but I agree that the show was great!

Quote Originally Posted by 3nglnd View Post
    she had a different opener scheduled that sort of abruptly cancelled all touring plans at the last minute. I'm assuming that was tough to re-book.....!
    Yeah, I know, but she couldn't find another musician anywhere at all and had to settle for a comedian? At least she wasn't on long.

Man, always something to complain about! I admit I kind of ignored the comedian and just enjoyed meeting up with a few friends I haven’t seen since the pandemic started and enjoying a few cold ones.

HangryHippo Guest

Man, always something to complain about!
    This.

Man, always something to complain about! I admit I kind of ignored the comedian and just enjoyed meeting up with a few friends I haven’t seen since the pandemic started and enjoying a few cold ones.
    Eh, I just remember back when the opener and the headliner both used to be complementary to each other and I usually liked both. Hasn't happened in years, so I've kind of gotten used to it, but a comedian opening for a musician is just weird (I don't listen to/watch stand-up comedy, so I'm a bit biased). Am glad she came here, though.

Thread Information