Widgets Magazine
Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 24252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Voter ID Laws

Default Re: Voter ID Laws

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I'm sorry I misread that. I thought Trav was calling the President a scumbag. My mistake.

/\
    |
    |
    Nazis...haha
    Yea, when you do a bunch of scummy things you’ll usually get called a scumbag.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    Really? I mean, this may not run to scumbag level but this...

It's at least, I assume, woefully misinformed. Is sending out ballot applications illegal? Anywhere? It's a stupid tweet to say the least. There are better examples of TDS around here to focus on. This is a poor hill to die on.
    It seems like he was misinformed? I mean West Virginia mailed out cards to all voters so they can request absentee ballots to their homes during COVID. The president didn't mention anything about that? (https://sos.wv.gov/about/Pages/Covid-19.aspx)

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    It seems like he was misinformed? I mean West Virginia mailed out cards to all voters so they can request absentee ballots to their homes during COVID. The president didn't mention anything about that? (https://sos.wv.gov/about/Pages/Covid-19.aspx)
    Well, trump isn't having a feud in his own mind with West Virginia as far as I know.

Oh, the irony.....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Mar-Lago.html

"President Donald Trump and first lady Melania Trump both put out-of-state addresses down on their Florida voter applications when they first tried to register in the state.

But correctly changing it to Mar-a-Lago has created problems for the president too, as The Washington Post reported Monday that three formal complaints have now been made to the Florida Elections Commission and Florida Department of State over Trump's voter registration.

The complaints point to the president's interest in preventing 'voter fraud,' while accusing him of engaging in just that - as Mar-a-Lago is restricted from being used as a private residence due to an agreement Trump signed with the Town of Palm Beach in 1993. "

Off to a great start.

According to the Western Journal:

Many Republican voters in one New Jersey community got a surprise when they opened their mail ballots for a July 7 primary.

Their choices were all Democrats. Between 500 and 700 Republicans received the wrong ballots out of about 2,400 enrolled Republicans in Bernardsville, NJ.com reported.

The error was laid at the door of the printing company that sent out the ballots, but the government still had a role in the mixup.

Usually, the Somerset County clerk’s office would do the printing. However, after New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy ordered every voter to receive a ballot in the mail, the job was farmed out.

https://bongino.com/hundreds-of-nj-r...dem-candidates

Quote Originally Posted by OKC Guy View Post
    Off to a great start.

According to the Western Journal:

Many Republican voters in one New Jersey community got a surprise when they opened their mail ballots for a July 7 primary.

Their choices were all Democrats. Between 500 and 700 Republicans received the wrong ballots out of about 2,400 enrolled Republicans in Bernardsville, NJ.com reported.

The error was laid at the door of the printing company that sent out the ballots, but the government still had a role in the mixup.

Usually, the Somerset County clerk’s office would do the printing. However, after New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy ordered every voter to receive a ballot in the mail, the job was farmed out.

https://bongino.com/hundreds-of-nj-r...dem-candidates
    and the company reprinted them and sent out new ballots at no expense to the Tax Payers...

https://www.mycentraljersey.com/stor...ts/3205382001/

this is why the prepared for their July 7th election by sending out well in advance. not really a bit issue, at all. so yes. off to a pretty great start if the only issue is once that was able to be corrected in a day, and well before the election

1 in 5 Ballots Rejected as Fraud Is Charged in N.J. Mail-In Election

In the City Council election, 16,747 vote-by-mail ballots were received, but only 13,557 votes were counted. More than 3,190 votes, 19% of the total ballots cast, were disqualified by the board of elections. Due to the pandemic, Paterson’s election was done through vote-by-mail. Community organizations, such as the city’s NAACP chapter, are calling for the entire election to be invalidated.

Reporting by NBC further uncovered citizens of Paterson who are listed as having voted, but who told the news outlet they never received a ballot and did not vote. One woman, Ramona Javier, after being shown the list of people on her block who allegedly voted, told the outlet she knew of eight family members and neighbors who were wrongly listed. “We did not receive vote-by-mail ballots and thus we did not vote,” she said. “This is corruption. This is fraud.”

There were multiple reports that large numbers of mail-in ballots were left on the lobby floors of apartment buildings and not delivered to residents’ individual mailboxes, further casting doubt on the integrity of the election.

Read the whole dirty fraud story here:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...on_143551.html

An alternative to vote by mail would the have X# of polling sites determined by population open 10 hours a day for a minimum of 10 consecutive days including 2 Sundays.
    Those disabled or no vehicle would have to be provided transportation at no cost to the voter. Or some mobile voting vans provided.
    Or, stay with mail in voting. Reported fraud is infintasamal and that is caught. The Election Board should provide pre paid postage.

yes. there looks to be Fraud in the mail in Ballots in New Jersey, and guess what. it was quickly found and discovered. the system worked. someone tried to game the system since it was changing. and it was caught and caught and investigated quickly enough that they were able to file charges against the guy in just over a month. So the mail-in-vote procedures to catch fraud..... WORKED....

we have a situation were multiple people have been charged for working together in an attempt to commit fraud. and the system worked and found them out.

I wonder how the Feds detect fake census forms that would inflate areas? More importantly is this a concern?

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    yes. there looks to be Fraud in the mail in Ballots in New Jersey, and guess what. it was quickly found and discovered. the system worked. someone tried to game the system since it was changing. and it was caught and caught and investigated quickly enough that they were able to file charges against the guy in just over a month. So the mail-in-vote procedures to catch fraud..... WORKED....

we have a situation were multiple people have been charged for working together in an attempt to commit fraud. and the system worked and found them out.
    No, it didn’t work. The election is a fraud and without holding a new one there is no way to know how many more are fraud.

Now multiply this times thousands of districts in general election.

Voter ID is the only way to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    I wonder how the Feds detect fake census forms that would inflate areas? More importantly is this a concern?
    Look how many Covid checks were mailed out to dead people.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    It probably should be. If someone (or a state) figured out how to game the census that could "potentially" have long lasting consequences.

My wife has had to be involved in two false unemployment claims using her information so far. I saw somewhere that in Oklahoma alone there were like 3800 fraudulent claims reported in just a little over a month or two. People always try to game the systems. Maybe it's because I'm a dev/ops engineer and everything I do is framed around "how will someone try to game or break this system", but I see the attacks and the attempts to mess with stuff, lots of times with no specific intent besides they "can".

It's why our absentee ballot request system in Oklahoma bugs me. It's so easy to game. We'll have to change it if we want to take away the verification requirement (a notary or witnesses and copy of an ID). Even then, if I have someone's name and date of birth (nothing else needed) I can go on the voter tool, request an absentee ballot, and have it sent to any address I want. Even though I couldn't successfully submit the ballot, I wonder what would happen when that person showed up to vote on election day.

If even one person votes who shouldn't, or if even one person is denied the ability to vote (either because someone requested a ballot or due to onerous ID laws) then the entire election is suspect IMO.

No, it didn’t work. The election is a fraud and without holding a new one there is no way to know how many more are fraud.

Now multiply this times thousands of districts in general election.

Voter ID is the only way to fix it.
    yes. it did work. they were able to identify it. if someone wants to attempt fraud at an election, they can always try. so them trying doesn't mean it failed... it was a success because the processes in place to try and catch fraud, caught fraud....

and so lets go with what voter id is trying to solve... people trying to pretend they are someone else... the only way to test this and see if it actually stops it, is to see if fraud gets through or gets caught... that is what all of these safeguards are for... to see if you can catch fraud... and guess what. in this case, it worked. we aren't hearing about it 6 months from now. sure, it would have been better if they could have caught it at the time the ballot was tallied, but not all safeguards are preemptive. but it did work. now they are going to make a determination on what to do.

it's not that difficult to see

Look how many Covid checks were mailed out to dead people.
    what does this have to do with anything? this was entirely because when you die, you still have to file taxes for the year you died in... so the location where the fed pulled the information they forgot to take this into account... that is an issue of the fed screwing up, not anyone attempting to fraud the system.

Voted by mail for the first time today. I will be voting this way from now on. It was a pretty painless operation and gives me time to fill out my ballot as I research candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    Voted by mail for the first time today. I will be voting this way from now on. It was a pretty painless operation and gives me time to fill out my ballot as I research candidates.
    i will be in November. i voted yesterday morning at Cleveland county election board, and was the 13th person in line and it took 25 minutes to vote and leave. it just doesn't make sense to vote in person right now because of the number of precautions they have to take

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post

More voter fraud found in NJ. In any type of crime not everyone gets caught.

http://www.shorenewsnetwork.com/2020...ElMtI7BPDnXETg

Quote Originally Posted by emtefury View Post
    More voter fraud found in NJ. In any type of crime not everyone gets caught.

http://www.shorenewsnetwork.com/2020...ElMtI7BPDnXETg
    that's the same one that OKCGuy posted above. if there is a case outside of Patterson, i would like to know about it, but that is the only one i'm still aware of, and yes, 4 guys charged. maybe the headline is because initailly there were only two names made public and two more they hadn't named yet, and now we know all 4 as they have been charged? but that is a pretty loose use of the word more...

[QUOTE=Jersey Boss;
    Those disabled or no vehicle would have to be provided transportation at no cost to the voter. Or some mobile voting vans provided.
    Or, stay with mail in voting. Reported fraud is infintasamal and that is caught. The Election Board should provide pre paid postage.[/QUOTE]

I agree with a couple of your points. Just received and completed my Absentee Ballot for the upcoming election. I thought it was pretty fraud free with the requirements they required. Fortunately I didn't have to get the ridiculous Notary signature, I just had to attach a copy of ID. I used my voter registration card. Mail in voting could work if the voter was required to have been previously registered at their current address and the ballot mailed to that address only. A copy of their voter registration card would be required to be attached to the ballot. At the Election Board they would cross your name off of the list as voting just like they do if you appeared in person. No other mail in ballots would be counted if the person were not previously registered. I did not like having to attach a stamp....it should be pre-paid.

Quote Originally Posted by Oklapatriot View Post
    I agree with a couple of your points. Just received and completed my Absentee Ballot for the upcoming election. I thought it was pretty fraud free with the requirements they required. Fortunately I didn't have to get the ridiculous Notary signature, I just had to attach a copy of ID. I used my voter registration card. Mail in voting could work if the voter was required to have been previously registered at their current address and the ballot mailed to that address only. A copy of their voter registration card would be required to be attached to the ballot. At the Election Board they would cross your name off of the list as voting just like they do if you appeared in person. No other mail in ballots would be counted if the person were not previously registered. I did not like having to attach a stamp....it should be pre-paid.
    Notary requirements will come back into play after our state health emergency declaration is over by 45 or 60 days (can't remember the exact number), not requiring a notary during this election is only because we're still within 45 or 60 days of the health emergency declaration. Republicans made sure of that with SB210 that they rammed through within a day or two of the OSC ruling about the lawsuit that was filed. Maybe the new lawsuit will change things and abolish the notary requirement.

Hope you put more than 1 stamp, as the ballot envelope weighs 1.15 oz. However, even if you didn't, because this is a federal election, it will still get delivered but the county will have to pay the missing postage. This doesn't apply in state elections, however. Don't remember the exact section of the DMM it's in, but there are tons of articles about it.

I do agree that nobody should have to put postage on a mail-in ballot, it kind of amounts to a poll tax (a very small one, but still...), and I think some states do have postage-paid mail-in ballots, but not sure.

More funny business. The video is at link:

Sheriff Troy Nehls
    @SheriffTNehls
    A US Postal worker was just caught on video throwing a stack of my campaign mailers in a dumpster. Some patriots nearby heard a noise when she tossed them in & went to investigate. They found a stack of them and called me. No wonder people are skeptical of mail in voting.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SheriffTN...46406682484736

More funny business. The video is at link:

Sheriff Troy Nehls
    @SheriffTNehls
    A US Postal worker was just caught on video throwing a stack of my campaign mailers in a dumpster. Some patriots nearby heard a noise when she tossed them in & went to investigate. They found a stack of them and called me. No wonder people are skeptical of mail in voting.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SheriffTN...46406682484736
    which is a crime, and they will be held responsible for. but what does this have to do with Voter ID laws or mail in voting... these weren't ballots, they were campaign mailers.... the two do not equate to being equal in any way...

Thread Information