Widgets Magazine
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 202122232425

Thread: Voter ID Laws

1. Default Re: Voter ID Laws

Default Re: Voter ID Laws

Again... I’ll see your huffpost and raise you a Breitbart...

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-fraud-exists/

Quote Originally Posted by Quicker View Post
    Again... I’ll see your huffpost and raise you a Breitbart...

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-fraud-exists/
    wait... so your counter to this is that Dems have to admit that Republicans got tired of Dems not admitting that election fraud exists, so a Republican decides to commit election fraud????

Quote Originally Posted by jedicurt View Post
    wait... so your counter to this is that Dems have to admit that Republicans got tired of Dems not admitting that election fraud exists, so a Republican decides to commit election fraud????

Let's be clear here, what the Republican congressional candidate committed in North Carolina is ELECTION fraud. What Republicans keep crying about that doesn't even really exist in any kind of meaningful numbers is VOTER fraud.

Quote Originally Posted by Swake View Post
    Let's be clear here, what the Republican congressional candidate committed in North Carolina is ELECTION fraud. What Republicans keep crying about that doesn't even really exist in any kind of meaningful numbers is VOTER fraud.
    It doesn't surprise me he got caught. Republicans have ZERO experience in voter fraud and ya know you gotta admit it wasn't bad try for the party's first attempt. However, democrats are so experienced and skilled at voter fraud that they leave absolutely zero evidence of their voter malfeasance and the fact you can find no proof is in of itself 100% proof that they're subverting democracy. That's just logic. Live with it.
    Don't hassle me, I'm local.

Who Will Clean Up America's Voter Rolls? by Mark Hemmingway @ RealClearInvestigations

1.6 million more people on the voting roles than voting age people living in Los Angeles county. The state of California registration rate is 101% of the voting age population. 15% of counties across the country have registration rates over 100%.

And in effect, the voter roll is pretty much the only fraud protector in place at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Who Will Clean Up America's Voter Rolls? by Mark Hemmingway @ RealClearInvestigations

1.6 million more people on the voting roles than voting age people living in Los Angeles county. The state of California registration rate is 101% of the voting age population. 15% of counties across the country have registration rates over 100%.

And in effect, the voter roll is pretty much the only fraud protector in place at the moment.
    which is why i do agree with a plan to purge the rolls, on something like a 5 or 10 year cycle, of if you have not voted at all over the 5 year period, you receive a notice that if you do not vote in the next election you will be removed from the roll and re register... then check after that election.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post

Seems like nonsense but hey it's on the internet it must be true.
    Don't hassle me, I'm local.

Quote Originally Posted by Stew View Post
    Seems like nonsense but hey it's on the internet it must be true.
    i actually don't think it's nonsense... when i still lived in western ok, and started voting, i noticed relatives that have been dead my whole lifetime still listed by my name when i went to vote... doubt they have been taken off yet, unless oklahoma has done a purge at any point in the last 15 years

i actually don't think it's nonsense... when i still lived in western ok, and started voting, i noticed relatives that have been dead my whole lifetime still listed by my name when i went to vote... doubt they have been taken off yet, unless oklahoma has done a purge at any point in the last 15 years
    My father died in 2014. We have the same name and vote(d) at the same voter precinct. Last time I voted he was still on the role. No, I didn't vote twice. But there wasn't anything really stopping me besides my own morality.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    My father died in 2014. We have the same name and vote(d) at the same voter precinct. Last time I voted he was still on the role. No, I didn't vote twice. But there wasn't anything really stopping me besides my own morality.
    I hear what you are saying. However wouldn't the poll workers notice you coming in a second time?

It would certainly be a good idea if the State would notify the State Election Board whenever they issued a Cerificate Of Death.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    I hear what you are saying. However wouldn't the poll workers notice you coming in a second time?
    at my poll place they typically change out workers throughout the day, could go in morning, and then again in evening for the other one, and doubt it would be the same people

Did not know they changed.

at my poll place they typically change out workers throughout the day, could go in morning, and then again in evening for the other one, and doubt it would be the same people
    Was going to say this was the same experience I have had as well. They are by and large volunteers and more often than not elderly. Pulling a 15 hour shift generally ain't in the cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post

It would certainly be a good idea if the State would notify the State Election Board whenever they issued a Cerificate Of Death.
    Or I could absentee/early vote in one, and vote on election day for the other...

Either way, they need a way to clean it up.

+1

Clean the polls..... racist, alt. right bigots!

I quite certain Oklahoma did do a voter roll purge this year. I think because of a new law.

19. Default Re: Voter ID Laws

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    I quite certain Oklahoma did do a voter roll purge this year. I think because of a new law.
    There's lots of info out there about it, but they've been trying or doing it for at least a year or so.

https://oklahomawatch.org/2019/04/22...m-voter-rolls/

https://kfor.com/2018/06/12/supreme-...m-voter-rolls/
    Last edited by TheTravellers; 07-12-2019 at 10:22 AM. Reason: Thought it was OK that got busted for their method, but it was OH, so removed the reference.

Why do you think they change out workers throughout the day? Do you typically visit your polling place multiple times on election day?

Poll workers are supposed to work the full day and are paid $87-97, plus mileage.

All precinct officials must be at their assigned polling place at 6:30 a.m. on election day. The day ends sometime after 7 p.m., after the polls have closed, when all ballots have been accounted for and all materials have been packed.

https://www.fox23.com/news/oklahoma/...ions/766599838

Quote Originally Posted by checkthat View Post
    Why do you think they change out workers throughout the day? Do you typically visit your polling place multiple times on election day?

Poll workers are supposed to work the full day and are paid $87-97, plus mileage.
    i have made several trips to a polling place in one day. i used to volunteer to drive several elderly people that were in my neighborhood to the polling place, so yes, did visit multiple times on election day. perhaps my specific polling place happened to let people switch or something, because (while it was around 10 years ago when i did this) i was pretty sure that at least some of the people checking in were different from morning to afternoon, yes a few were the same.

but that was an interesting read. i'm curious if they sometimes shift people from one polling location to another due to demand or something during the course of the day. or if that is something that has changed in the past 10 years.

i have made several trips to a polling place in one day. i used to volunteer to drive several elderly people that were in my neighborhood to the polling place, so yes, did visit multiple times on election day. perhaps my specific polling place happened to let people switch or something, because (while it was around 10 years ago when i did this) i was pretty sure that at least some of the people checking in were different from morning to afternoon, yes a few were the same.

but that was an interesting read. i'm curious if they sometimes shift people from one polling location to another due to demand or something during the course of the day. or if that is something that has changed in the past 10 years.
    Or just switch jobs within the polling location.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    When was the last time you voted and saw him on the rolls? Badvoter.org only lists one person with the name Jerry Wall in Edmond.

It looks like it is on the next of kin to notify the county election board. Seems pretty onerous.

Request to Cancel Registration of Deceased Voter
    A deceased voter's registration may be canceled upon request of the voter's next of kin.

The deceased voter's next of kin may complete the Request to Cancel Registration of Deceased Voter and send it to the County Election Board in the county where the deceased voter is registered. The request must be notarized or witnessed by two persons.

Use of the official form is not required, however. The deceased voter's next of kin may send a written statement regarding the voter's death to the County Election Board in the county where the deceased voter is registered. The statement must include the voter's complete name, address and date of birth. This statement must be notarized or witnessed by two persons. A certified copy of a death certificate may also be provided to the County Election Board.

The next of kin also may complete the "Request to Cancel Registration of Deceased Voter" at his or her polling place on election day.

Get the "Request to Cancel Registration of Deceased Voter" form here.

https://www.ok.gov/elections/Voter_I...ion/index.html

Whole story is worth a read:

The Secret Files of the Master of Modern Republican Gerrymandering

Hofeller also appears to have intensively researched the impact of the state’s voter-I.D. laws. In 2013, Republicans passed one of the strictest voter-I.D. laws in the country, which rejected forms of identification typically used by students, government employees, and racial minorities. It also cut the number of early-voting days by a week and put an end to same-day voter registration during that period. Hofeller created spreadsheets listing the voters, college students, and racial minorities who lacked driver’s licenses.

He appears to have gathered much of this information after the state N.A.A.C.P. challenged North Carolina’s stringent voter I.D. law. Hofeller worked with the Republican legal team that was defending the law. In February, 2014, Hofeller wrote to a Republican attorney about an effort to match North Carolina’s master voter-registration file against the driver’s-license base to see which voters might be affected by the I.D. law. The team also looked to compare that information against that of the closest Department of Motor Vehicles offices.

Thread Information