Widgets Magazine

Thread: 16 foot tall bronze Eagle Statue!

Default 16 foot tall bronze Eagle Statue!

This morning I was driving down Kelly between 15th/33rd there was a new Eagle statue being installed onto a newly constructed cement base. They had Northbound traffic stopped on Kelly as the truck being used to transport said Bird was in the middle of the intersection. The total height of the structure was probably between 2-3 stories tall.

Just curious to know what business is going in at this location. They have just recently cut a new street there, and have put up 4 way full functional stop lights. It just seemed weird to me, that whatever is going in there, that they have not yet broken ground....yet, have just installed a VERY BOLD sculpture that no doubt probably cost in excess of $50,000. The sculpture itself looked pretty badass. Anyone know what business is being built at this location? (On Kelly, between 15th/33rd. On east side of Kelly.) I will try to post a quick pic as I drive by later. It's pretty impressive.

Default Re: 16 foot tall bronze Eagle Statue!

I dove by today and yes it is impressive. You really do need to post a picture of it.

I snapped a picture of it and apparently my phone is deciding when to delete pictures without my permission, so I'll get another one on my way home today.

I tried to go by today and get a picture, but I couldn't it was too dark. I do want to say, which I forgot to say earlier, it is important to note the bird itself isn't all that big. It's perched on top of a concrete base that accounts for most of the height.

Here's a quick shot I grabbed the other day:

IMG_0084.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I tried to go by today and get a picture, but I couldn't it was too dark. I do want to say, which I forgot to say earlier, it is important to note the bird itself isn't all that big. It's perched on top of a concrete base that accounts for most of the height.

I agree that the base, makes up for most of the height. I know this will sound weird...but it looked much bigger, when it was sitting on the ground, getting ready to be lifter up onto the stand. Its hard to get a frame of reference, because of scale in the pictures. But, when the statue itself was sitting on the ground, the bird itself (top of the wings) was taller than the semi, that brought it in. Either way, cool statue.

I agree. This is a cool area anyhow. I like the statue.

Thread Information