Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Teemco

Default Re: TEEMCO closed by State Tax Commission

I gotta admit, I'm more than a little perplexed with how far apart the OKCTalk and NewsOK articles are. Did someone at the OTC pass along some bad info to Pete or Brianna or something? I'd tend to believe a story I read here, but something with this situation just seems... Weird.

Is the only interest here in TEEMCO because they bought Gold Dome, or are there other motives?

Quote Originally Posted by baralheia View Post
    I gotta admit, I'm more than a little perplexed with how far apart the OKCTalk and NewsOK articles are. Did someone at the OTC pass along some bad info to Pete or Brianna or something? I'd tend to believe a story I read here, but something with this situation just seems... Weird.
    There's very obviously some major issues at TeemCo or there would not be any of these allegations even remotely mentioned. Nobody talks about Hobby Lobby's or Paycom's tax issues because they probably don't have any. The fact that TeemCo is even under scrutiny that's addressed by several media outlets means that TeemCo does not have a particularly clean history.

Media, including OKCTalk, is not always right, so time will tell. Just remember that sources of information that report to media always have motives that are not always apparent to the reporter nor especially to the audience.

I tend to think that Pete's reporting on this subject is more accurate than others given the fact that he was the first to report any issues and there was in fact some issue with the OTC…enough so that they actually posted a cease & desist letter to Teemco's offices. That said, no single source of information is infallible, so it's important to remember that reporting is never 100% accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    So why have they been closed since Tuesday? I guess it doesn't really matter since Teemco employees are probably not doing much these days anyway.
    They've been closed since Monday morning. Much more to this. Stay tuned.

Just wanted to say I 100% stand by everything I wrote in this and the three previous stories. I've verified everything from multiple sources.

If this company re-opens, it won't be for long. I won't say more right now because there are legal processes underway and I don't want to interfere.

Soon, everything will come out in court records.

As a reminder, it's very easy to get people to tell you things once a big story comes out and they are forced to provide some sort of explanation, which is usually not the truth or the full truth.

I look forward to all this playing out so I can report many things I have yet to touch on.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Just wanted to say I 100% stand by everything I wrote in this and the three previous stories. I've verified everything from multiple sources.

If this company re-opens, it won't be for long. I won't say more right now because there are legal processes underway and I don't want to interfere.

Soon, everything will come out in court records.

As a reminder, it's very easy to get people to tell you things once a big story comes out and they are forced to provide some sort of explanation, which is usually not the truth or the full truth.

I look forward to all this playing out so I can report may things I have yet to touch on.
    Very true, People need to remember what they told Newsok just last year regarding their plans to move into the Golddome.

Quote Originally Posted by pahdz View Post
    Is the only interest here in TEEMCO because they bought Gold Dome, or are there other motives?
    I think there is great interest in TEEMCO because of the Gold Dome and the fact their name was all over the place and it turns out the company was little more than an empty shell.

I think there is great interest in TEEMCO because of the Gold Dome and the fact their name was all over the place and it turns out the company was little more than an empty shell.
    That's fine, I was just curious if it wasn't some witch hunt, but then again, I'm new to OKC and don't know the full history behind the building. I'm sure if I was a lifer it'd be more clear to me.

And then, with their advertising w/ the Thunder and OU/OSU related activities, their name is more upfront, which makes people more interested...

I wasn't meaning to imply that I thought Teemco was just fine - obviously they're not. It just seems strange to me that the tax commission tells the Oklahoman one thing but Pete's sources say something different. Judging by Pete's track record, I'm almost positive he's got the right story... It's just weird, in my opinion, that the Oklahoman seems to be getting fed different information from a state agency. It will be very interesting to see how this story shakes out in the end.

11. Default Re: TEEMCO closed by State Tax Commission

It's entirely possible that the organization is shady and corrupt AND for there to have been a legitimate, innocent paperwork mixup. The two are not mutually exclusive.

You are very trusted dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    It's entirely possible that the organization is shady and corrupt AND for there to have been a legitimate, innocent paperwork mixup. The two are not mutually exclusive.
    Correct.

However, the tax commission closed them Monday morning so the quotes from the spokesperson from the tax commission do not align with hard facts, so that's all very strange. I suspect there is lots of things they can't talk about publicly just yet. I'm sure once our story came out and they were named, they felt compelled to issue some sort of statement.

Tax agencies are very weird about discussing the particulars or any one case, as you might imagine. They wouldn't talk to me about this or the many employees who started calling them once they came and and asked them to leave on Monday. They were actually made to leave the offices mid-morning on Monday and not even allowed to go back to their desk and get personal items, and the office has been closed since.

There is much more to this that I don't want to get into right now.

But I'll say it again, I stand by every word I wrote 100% and I guarantee you I know just about everything there is to know about this company and its operations. I'm not simply making quick calls to a spokesperson and a CEO who has lied repeatedly. I've interviewed almost 50 people over a period of more than six months. I have full financial records and everything to verify what I've reported, I just have to be careful about revealing too much due to pending legal matters that I don't want to impede.

Correct.

However, the tax commission closed them Monday morning so the quotes from the spokesperson from the tax commission do not align with hard facts, so that's all very strange. I suspect there is lots of things they can't talk about publicly just yet. I'm sure once our story came out and they were named, they felt compelled to issue some sort of statement.

Tax agencies are very weird about discussing the particulars or any one case, as you might imagine. They wouldn't talk to me about this or the many employees who started calling them once they came and and asked them to leave on Monday. They were actually made to leave the offices mid-morning on Monday and not even allowed to go back to their desk and get personal items, and the office has been closed since.

There is much more to this that I don't want to get into right now.

But I'll say it again, I stand by every word I wrote 100% and I guarantee you I know just about everything there is to know about this company and its operations. I'm not simply making quick calls to a spokesperson and a CEO who has lied repeatedly. I've interviewed almost 50 people over a period of more than six months. I have full financial records and everything to verify what I've reported, I just have to be careful about revealing too much due to pending legal matters that I don't want to impede.
    Cliff notes/TL;DR summary : Pete is right. You doubt him & you'll be the one looking dumb.

Now I'll just throw in some speculation that is probably complete BS :
    Teemco is obviously tied to VERY major corporations. The 2 biggest state universities, a pro sports team & all the O&G companies they work for. I'm sure there are people at EACH of those institutions trying to minimize this story so they aren't also held accountable for doing business with a fraud company. It only takes a couple phone calls from the right people to major news outlets to let them know to they need to be hush hush about this.

Quote Originally Posted by jccouger View Post
    Cliff notes/TL;DR summary : Pete is right. You doubt him & you'll be the one looking dumb.

Now I'll just throw in some speculation that is probably complete BS :
    Teemco is obviously tied to VERY major corporations. The 2 biggest state universities, a pro sports team & all the O&G companies they work for. I'm sure there are people at EACH of those institutions trying to minimize this story so they aren't also held accountable for doing business with a fraud company. It only takes a couple phone calls from the right people to major news outlets to let them know to they need to be hush hush about this.
    That's a little harsh. With that said, however, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know there is something more going then a little misunderstanding with the tax commission. This is a basically a week of what I'm guessing unpaid vacation they gave their employees because of "small" paper work issues.

With it being reported that this so called business failed to remit the Social Security witholdings to the government, I wonder if they paid into the u/e insurance fund?

17. Default Re: TEEMCO closed by State Tax Commission

Quote Originally Posted by jccouger View Post
    Cliff notes/TL;DR summary : Pete is right. You doubt him & you'll be the one looking dumb...
    Where was anyone in this thread saying that they doubted Pete? I'm not sure that he needs anybody rushing to his defense here.

I also doubt that Pete is reporting something just be right or first. I think he's far less interested in people "trusting" him or those who oppose him looking dumb as he is just putting information out so the citizens of OKC know what's going on.

And he's already made it clear there is more he could say, but can't because of pending legal action. We should all respect that.

Where was anyone in this thread saying that they doubted Pete? I'm not sure that he needs anybody rushing to his defense here.
    Sorry, I wasn't really directing that at individual naysayers (especially OKCtalk posters) as much as I was showing my confidence in Pete's reporting.

21. Default Re: TEEMCO closed by State Tax Commission

No question he's worked really hard on this, and no question the whole thing smells to high heaven. It will be fascinating to watch it unfold. Fascinating like watching a train wreck, I suppose. Lots of people who probably were not crooks who have lost jobs in this deal. Just glad that it didn't end up somehow dealing a death blow to the Gold Dome.

No question he's worked really hard on this, and no question the whole thing smells to high heaven. It will be fascinating to watch it unfold. Fascinating like watching a train wreck, I suppose. Lots of people who probably were not crooks who have lost jobs in this deal. Just glad that it didn't end up somehow dealing a death blow to the Gold Dome.
    and people who aren't even involved yet could lose their job. what if you worked somewhere and you were giving this company your business, but had no idea they were a fraud?

Does it concern anyone else that this is an environmental company?

Quote Originally Posted by HHE View Post
    Does it concern anyone else that this is an environmental company?
    They aren't really. They are basically just a huge fraud.

And hundreds if not thousands have harmed by them. When this all comes down, people are going to be blown away.

They aren't really. They are basically just a huge fraud.

And hundreds if not thousands have harmed by them. When this all comes down, people are going to be blown away.
    I can attest to the fact that they actually have done real environmental work (specifically spill plans) for a friends oil and gas company, but outside of that, no one had no idea what else they did or how they could afford some of the things they were doing.

Thread Information