Widgets Magazine
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112

Thread: Teemco

Default Re: Teemco

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    I have club level season tickets and am required to pay almost a year in advance for the next season. Been that way for 8 seasons.
    I am not sure if the thunder sells there sponsorships directly. But OU and osu. Do not sell there directly. A 3rd party (learfirld IMG) does

Does the “friendly” nature of Oklahomans make them more vulnerable to a guy with a fancy car with nice promises? I don’t mean that in a rude or offensive way, I just can’t fathom how so many were sold on his ideas only to have him robbing them blind?

Gullible is almost a too strong of a word, but it kind of fits.

Keep in mind many of us on the board were “wowed” also, with his grand plans with the Gold dome. Although I think we caught on quicker than others....

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Keep in mind many of us on the board were “wowed” also, with his grand plans with the Gold dome. Although I think we caught on quicker than others....
    A big part of this is a press that is nothing but cheerleaders.

They all gladly re-write press releases, go running to press conferences, basically trumpet anything that is new and shiny.

Yet, there has been no follow-up; nobody even bothered to drive by and check on the Gold Dome. Nobody asked a fundamental question: "Exactly what do you do?" In fact, there are never any questions at all, they just print/broadcast what someone wants to tell them.

Even though I didn't even live here, I asked people to go by and check on the status. I monitored building permits, design committee filings and the county assessor site. It became very obvious to me that nothing was happening there and that TEEMCO never did buy the building. These were FACTS not just something someone was saying. Actions vs. words.

Then, I started asking around and actually researched Lorson and their business. Tons of red flags were waving, so it went on from there.

How many times does someone print up some renderings and/or a press release and the local press gladly splashes it all over... Yet never does any homework, asks any real questions and certainly never follows up.

It's one of the reasons I take so many photos. I have a huge database of things; many have already been announced. I also do not put much stock in what one person tells me, even if they are the owner/developer. They have huge incentives to at least fudge the truth or just out-right lie. And why not? Whatever they tell the media goes unchallenged.

And the other huge thing is: I don't care if someone get pissed about something I post or report. If I'm wrong, please correct me and I'll happily share the information.

I don't need a 'relationship' with people who are making the news; and in fact, that not only complicates things it more often than not leads to downright unethical behavior. Why would a developer go out of their way to give something to the Oklahoman when they know if they just file their documents (permits, design review applications) it will get picked up? They do it because they want to control the story, which is another way of saying the Oklahoman is just running PR for them.

It also creates this massive favor-trading mess, where when someone gives you something then want something in return. It's called Access Journalism is it's wildly unethical.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    There is much more to all this and it will all come out in a future series of articles.
    Will you be exploring the general history of the oil patch, and its development of a culture that lionizes successful rogues? Not to mention the history of our state, which named a county for the leader of a group that defied federal law repeatedly, and to this day seems proud of the way the group bent the rules to be early for the famous run...

Or, for that matter, why prior to 1959 rural politicians would spend many thousands of dollars running for an elective office that paid nowhere near that much -- but had ample opportunity for sub-table dealings that would be all profit? And the days when we had the best Supreme Court that money could buy...

There's plenty there for you, sir -- but keep in mind what happened to so many Osage chiefs when they became inconvenient to have around.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kyle View Post
    Will you be exploring the general history of the oil patch, and its development of a culture that lionizes successful rogues? Not to mention the history of our state, which named a county for the leader of a group that defied federal law repeatedly, and to this day seems proud of the way the group bent the rules to be early for the famous run...

Or, for that matter, why prior to 1959 rural politicians would spend many thousands of dollars running for an elective office that paid nowhere near that much -- but had ample opportunity for sub-table dealings that would be all profit? And the days when we had the best Supreme Court that money could buy...

There's plenty there for you, sir -- but keep in mind what happened to so many Osage chiefs when they became inconvenient to have around.
    I read that book. Crazy little corner of OK history that not many these days even know about. I had no clue and I grew up in the Bartlesville/Dewey area.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDustin View Post
    I read that book. Crazy little corner of OK history that not many these days even know about. I had no clue and I grew up in the Bartlesville/Dewey area.
    What happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Lafferty Daniel View Post
    What happened?
    Not the thread for this discussion, and it's already been had on this forum. Let's not rehash the Ree Drummond is Satan thing again please.

Quote Originally Posted by Lafferty Daniel View Post
    What happened?
    Here's the book: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/kil...n/1123721799#/

Quote Originally Posted by stile99 View Post
    Not the thread for this discussion, and it's already been had on this forum. Let's not rehash the Ree Drummond is Satan thing again please.
    You can't pull that crap. Can't bring something up all mysterious and then be like "oh this isn't the thread for it".

Quote Originally Posted by hoya View Post
    You can't pull that crap. Can't bring something up all mysterious and then be like "oh this isn't the thread for it".
    If there's a book about it, AND it has already been discussed here, how mysterious is it, really?

Blog Entries

If there's a book about it, AND it has already been discussed here, how mysterious is it, really?
    And to be a movie from Martin Scorsese and Leonardo DiCaprio.

https://deadline.com/2018/10/martin-...on-1202488730/

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDustin View Post
    Actually, my intent in mentioning them was to point out a pattern of corruption. That was only one huge instance of it. Another was the small-time crime figure over in Tulsa, during the 50s, who committed suicide by shooting himself in the head with a .45. Twice. But it was ruled suicide, and nobody investigated.

Just a simple question. Not all of us read every single post on this board. But thank you for being condescending about it.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Swake View Post
    And to be a movie from Martin Scorsese and Leonardo DiCaprio.

https://deadline.com/2018/10/martin-...on-1202488730/
    Thank you. Had no idea about any of that.

Thread Information