Widgets Magazine

Thread: Rose Creek Plaza

Far North Rose Creek Plaza

A development sign went up late last week for Rose Creek Plaza on the northwest corner of NW 164th Street and North May Avenue across from the 7-Eleven. McGee Commercial Real Estate is advertising it as a grocery store anchored development, which would be awesome. There is nothing on their website yet about the project. Any idea what is coming?

Default Re: Rose Creek Plaza

No building permits have been issued and I'm not aware of any grocery store coming to that area.

I suspect the sign is to generate interest rather than an indication a deal has already been done.

If they had a grocery store committed, they would say which one.

I see Homeland closing the 122/May store and building one similar to Britton/May on this corner.

(Sidenote: Walgreens will be building on the SE corner of this intersection.)

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I see Homeland closing the 122/May store and building one similar to Britton/May on this corner.

(Sidenote: Walgreens will be building on the SE corner of this intersection.)
    Is this educated speculation or is this something you would just like to see happen? I agree that would be excellent. The 122nd and May Homeland needs to go, that place is disgusting. Building a new one farther north will help them whether the competition from Uptown Grocery and Sprouts, which certainly the existing store will not survive. However, given Homeland's track record of not expanding or putting money into their stores, them building a new store is something I would almost need to see to believe its possible.

I believe Walgreens owns or did own the corner lot across from 7-11. So I am sure they will start building as soon as any development starts. I thought I heard Walgreens was to start development after the widening of the intersection. But that intersection was completed a couple years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    Is this educated speculation or is this something you would just like to see happen?
    A little of both.

Homeland has been closing under-performing old format groceries recently. They could even consolidate two stores into one, as the 2nd/Santa Fe store is about the same as 122/May in size and condition...

I wonder if Homeland would actually build a new store though? Consolidating the two current sub-par stores into one nice one seems like an excellent idea but one I am not sure Homeland would consider given their current strategy to simply hold their own (basically go out of business gradually). Wal-Mart is the only neighborhood grocery player currently in the OKC market that is expanding aggressively so my instinct says this will be a Neighborhood Market.

There's currently a Neighborhood Market at 164th and Western, so it's gotta be something else.

Quote Originally Posted by soonermike81 View Post
    There's currently a Neighborhood Market at 164th and Western, so it's gotta be something else.
    I thought that at first but Wal-Mart has a few locations in the metro area that are less than a mile from other locations. It wouldn't be totally out of the ordinary for them to build there. With WinCo entering the market it would make sense that Wal-Mart would try to double down.

A Tom Thumb sure would be nice.

I was told today they are very close to finalizing a deal with a grocery store.

Best bets are Aldi or Homeland.

Here is an updated site plan, although all this is still preliminary:

Kroger or HEB! Kroger or HEB!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Here is an updated site plan, although all this is still preliminary:

this entire development is close to kicking off

^

They have to rework that creek that runs through the southern part of that parcel.

Here's hoping they can close the grocery deal.

16. Default Re: Rose Creek Plaza

Is the developer still McGee or a different group?

17. Default Re: Rose Creek Plaza

I wonder how hard the push back from some of the Rose Creek houses will be

Again with the curb cuts 100 feet front the intersection with another one 100 more feet down the road. Why does OKC allow this?

Any chance of a Sprouts going in? I could see Aldi's because they are trying to aggressively expand.

20. Default Re: Rose Creek Plaza

Quote Originally Posted by oklip955 View Post
    Any chance of a Sprouts going in? I could see Aldi's because they are trying to aggressively expand.
    Doubtful on Sprouts, i’d say in order of likelihood:

1) Homeland
    2) Aldi
    3) Reasor’s

Thread Information