Widgets Magazine

Thread: Follow OKCTalk on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter

Default Follow OKCTalk on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter

We've only been posting with regularity for about a year, but we now have over 2,300 followers on Twitter and 3,000 on Facebook.

Please take a minute to give us a "like / follow" if you haven't already. Just click on the icons in the Navigation Bar above, and go from there.

Would greatly appreciate helping us accomplish the 10K goal on each platform. Thanks!

Default Re: Please follow OKCTalk on Twitter & Facebook

I have been since you first announced it about a year ago. I very much appreciate your posts on both. I have frequently caught something sooner via your Twitter or Facebook posts that highlighted something that I might not have been paying much attention to in my normal perusal of this forum. Thanks for all you do, Pete.

FYI, OKCTalk just passed the 90,000 mark of social media followers across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

We are almost certain to pass 100K around the first of the year.

Biggest growth has been on Instagram where we have over 35,000 followers all added in less than 2 years. On Insta, we have more followers than the Oklahoman and Channel 9 and growing faster than the other 2 local TV stations.

That's awesome Pete. I always think its cool when I see one of your posts & then I see how many of my "mutual friends" have liked/shared it. The popularity of the OKCtalk brand has grown so much over these years.

That's great, Pete! OKCTalk is such a great asset for those of us not in OKC, and I really appreciate the lengths to which you and the other folks involved with OKCTalk and the Gazette go to make sure the site is well-managed and working for the good of the OKC community.

Great! Glad to see the continued success of the site.

We are rapidly closing in on 100K social media followers and should pass that milestone by the end of the month.

Interestingly, over the last week where we've continued to add scores of followers on Facebook and Instagram, a bunch (over 100) were lost on Twitter.

I installed a third-party tool to track what was happening and every single one of them turned out to be deleted accounts or those suspended by Twitter -- the tool doesn't differentiate.

It's hard to know if many people just purged their accounts after all the recent unrest and controversy or if because we are in Oklahoma, there were a bunch of crazies who got booted. Either way, it's really an interesting development.

This explains why more than 100 accounts that were following OKCTalk have now been deleted:

Steven Dennis
    @StevenTDennis
    Twitter announces it deleted *70,000* accounts that were primarily sharing QAnon content at scale.

If you've lost a lot of followers, it might just be you had a lot of Q-ers in your midst.

Hit a big milestone today: over 100K followers across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

Woot woot!

11. Default Re: Please follow OKCTalk on Twitter & Facebook

Congrats, Pete!

OKCTalk now has over 137,000 followers on social media and we are adding on average over 150 every day.

Our engagement continues to be many multiples of any social media account in Oklahoma, including all the newspapers and TV stations.

Look at these numbers on a recent Facebook post; the same post has about 4,200 'likes' on Instagram (and over 52,000 engagements), where we average over 2,500 likes per post. For context, I'm not aware of any Oklahoma-based Insta account that averages over 1,000. And all these numbers are increasing at an increasing rate.

Demonstrates how many people really care about what is going on in OKC.

13. Default Re: Please follow OKCTalk on Twitter & Facebook

This is fantastic!

Thread Information