Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OKCTalk on social media

Default Re: Follow OKCTalk on social media

Yeah Pete thank you for all your hard work. OKC is blessed to have this forum and the format is awesome.

This is interesting.

We posted the photos on First Christian this morning then the Oklahoman did the same about an hour later.

Look at the difference in numbers; this is typical and if anything our totals are usually higher (they are still going up). The local TV stations are pretty similar to the Oklahoman.

Twitter:

Facebook:

Instagram (Oklahoma didn't even post there):

Pete, I notice this happens to OKCtalk posts a decent amount on Facebook, but do you have any idea why FB will occasionally just drop a single image from a story into peoples feeds without the context of the story? It usually leads to several confused comments from people asking what is going on with the picture. Maybe it's just as you are uploading images FB is just sharing those out sometimes? Maybe you are posting them purposefully lol I dunno.

Here is a recent example. So this image just appeared on my feed alone. No story attached or anything. It also happened to me a week or two ago when you posted about the indoor gokart place, the picture of the model of the track just randomly showed up on my feed. And a few more times over the last couple of months.

Just curious if anyone else has noticed this or if it's just a weird FB glitch.

^

No idea.

Facebook is constantly changing its software, especially for businesses. All this Meta Business Suite malarkey.

I still post the same way I always have. I suspect it is just a glitch in the many changes Facebook has been making.

It's not a glitch as I notice this from personal feeds as well. If you upload more than 1 photo it will group them together in the same post, but also will treat them as individual photos/posts and randomly push it into a feed.

My recommendation would be to find the link to the main post containing all of the pictures, and then (on a desktop) click on each individual photo and add a comment with a short summary of what the post is about with a link back to the main post.

OKCTalk just blew past 190,000 social media followers.

Should pass 200K in the next 2-3 months.

Pete, Is there a way for you to know the percentage of social media followers by state? Or at least for one of the media platforms?

Quote Originally Posted by KHutch66 View Post
    Pete, Is there a way for you to know the percentage of social media followers by state? Or at least for one of the media platforms?
    Yes, you can look at those metrics as the account owner.

For OKCTalk, about 95% of our followers are in Oklahoma.

Default Re: OKCTalk on social media

In breaking the big story about OKC and the Olympics, between Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram we had 950,000 (!) people view the posts. Almost 700,000 on Facebook alone.

The number is still climbing so good possibility we'll break the million mark for the first time ever.

I know it's still in it's infancy, but with the instability at Twitter I know Mastodon has been growing in popularity. Curious if you might be considering adding a presence there at some point?

Quote Originally Posted by baralheia View Post
    I know it's still in it's infancy, but with the instability at Twitter I know Mastodon has been growing in popularity. Curious if you might be considering adding a presence there at some point?
    If I was to add another platform, it would be TikTok.

As it is, for every story there is a ton of reformatting that has to be done: OKCTalk News page; OKCTalk forum post, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram plus Insta links back to the OKCTalk content. Then, I have to tag the appropriate accounts in all and every for the same business, all their tags are usually different.

One of the reasons I get so much engagement is that I format for all these different platforms, and it's a ton of work.

I've toyed with videos, shorts, and social media stories... It's just overwhelming. Anybody close to our reach (and a ton that has nowhere close) has a whole team of people just for social media.

Mastodon is a microblogging service that is quite similar to Twitter, so if you did expand in that direction you very likely could simply reuse most of the formatting you did for Twitter (minus account tagging). But it's still additional work and I *totally* understand if that's not something you want to do right now. I was just curious if it was on your radar. Appreciate the response!

^

Thanks for the suggestion.

I'll put it on my list but it's a low priority right now.

Congrats on the near 1MM reach for the Olympic story.

I think everyone here knows that OKCTalk is the go-to for all OKC happenings. You run the ship now. I hope you are being compensated accordingly, especially by the local businesses. You are basically a local 'influencer' and are an ad campaign launch for them.

Great work and thank you.

^^^^Agree!

Hit another big milestone today:

17. Default Re: OKCTalk on social media

Maybe it's time to start the OKC Talk Gazette?

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    Stay tuned!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    He can probably buy what's left of it on the cheap. That is if a dispensary doesn't do it first. Lol

Thread Information