Widgets Magazine

Thread: Ongoing Latency Issues

1. Default Ongoing Latency Issues

I had posted a thread earlier this week asking about this and then it was removed without a reply.
    Again today, the site is throwing 503 errors, has extreme latency, and is going through random intervals of non-responsiveness.
    Whomever is hosting the servers, is consistently having some issues, so as an IT professional, I would be happy to help work through those issues. But the hosting service is most likely going to need to be involved. Has anyone reached out to them to figure out what's going on?

Default Re: Ongoing Latency Issues

^^^This usually happens for me during the morning hours.

We're on a shared server.

I've asked to be moved to another.

4. Default Re: Ongoing Latency Issues

Thanks Pete. It does seem to be in the mornings, which happens to be when im on the most. So i get to experience this regularly (including right now).

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    Thanks Pete. It does seem to be in the mornings, which happens to be when im on the most. So i get to experience this regularly (including right now).
    it must be sporadic as it's just a few minutes later and i haven't experienced any issues.

6. Default Re: Ongoing Latency Issues

Not really an issue, but a request. Any way we can have the timeout extended. Sometimes if you're gather pieces for a longer post, it times out before you're done typing. I always copy my comment first to be ready for this, but it would be nice if the timeout was say 15 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    Not really an issue, but a request. Any way we can have the timeout extended. Sometimes if you're gather pieces for a longer post, it times out before you're done typing. I always copy my comment first to be ready for this, but it would be nice if the timeout was say 15 minutes.
    If you check the box next to the credentials when you log in (I don't see any text for it), it pretty much never times you out. I've been logged in for months that way.

Thread Information