• Yes, fixed rate customer

2 33.33%
  • No, fixed rate customer

2 33.33%
  • Don't pay attention/Not an OG&E customer

0 0%

Thread: OG&E Rate hike, effective 8/2014

Exclamation OG&E Rate hike, effective 8/2014

Has anybody else noticed higher fuel adjustment charges on their August OG&E Bill?
    I noticed that off peak fuel charge went up from .0259 to .0296, cost and extra $8.60 for 13KWH more use...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	July 2014.jpeg 
Views:	99 
Size:	136.8 KB 
ID:	9079   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	August 2014.jpeg 
Views:	99 
Size:	122.1 KB 
ID:	9078  

Default Re: OG&E Rate hike, effective 8/2014

Yes, and this hike applies to all customers. There is no need for a poll - just a quick google search!

OG&E raises rate for residential customers | KFOR.com

Quote Originally Posted by Servicetech571 View Post
    Has anybody else noticed higher fuel adjustment charges on their August OG&E Bill?
    I noticed that off peak fuel charge went up from .0259 to .0296, cost and extra $8.60 for 13KWH more use...

Timothy,
    Actually, the fuel adjustment factor has nothing to do with the link you provided. The fuel adjustment factor varies based on the market price of natural gas (used to produce most of the electricity for OG&E). The contract with the state allows OG&E to pass this cost on to the customer and it is not a rate increase. It's a number/charge that I have watched since I started paying electric bills. Well, actually, since the 80's.
    C. T.
    Quote Originally Posted by timothy.a.owen View Post
    Yes, and this hike applies to all customers. There is no need for a poll - just a quick google search!

OG&E raises rate for residential customers | KFOR.com

If they are any fixed rate customers that DID see an increase for their August bill, can you post screen shots?

Mine went up from .0289 in July to .0328 in August.

Ahlokc,
    Interesting, are you in the OKC area? The fuel adjustment factor should be the same for every customer. Mine is exactly what Servicetech shows in his snapshots of his bill. I don't think mine has ever been as high as .03.
    C. T.
    Quote Originally Posted by ahlokc View Post
    Mine went up from .0289 in July to .0328 in August.

Norman. I did just get electric service started in June, so maybe that has something to do with it? I'm on the Standard Plan(same as fixed rate?) since I'm in a 1 bedroom apartment.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchandler View Post
    Ahlokc,
    Interesting, are you in the OKC area? The fuel adjustment factor should be the same for every customer. Mine is exactly what Servicetech shows in his snapshots of his bill. I don't think mine has ever been as high as .03.
    C. T.
    Are you on Smarthours?

9. Default Re: OG&E Rate hike, effective 8/2014

I have the higher rate, for a billing period starting 11 July. (Then again, I also have the original-gangsta wind-power subscription, which has fees of its own but which cuts the fuel adjustment substantially. I don't think you can even get this package anymore.)

Servicetech,
    Yes, I am.
    C. T.
    Are you on Smarthours?

Perhaps fixed rate customers pay an averaged fuel charge? Our on peak is higher than fixed rate, but off peak is lower.

Servicetech,
    I will call OG&E Monday or Tuesday and ask them. I am certain that the fuel adjustment factor is the same for all customers, regardless of whether they are fixed rate or anything else. It's a "pass through" charge allowed by the corporation commission because they can't raise rates without going through them. Since they have no control of the futures market which dictates the price of natural gas, the fuel adjustment factor is simply calculated into our bills. If they couldn't do this, they wouldn't stay in business.
    C. T.
    Perhaps fixed rate customers pay an averaged fuel charge? Our on peak is higher than fixed rate, but off peak is lower.

OG&E uses a different fuel charge based on price plan. I believe that residential customers are S/L 5. Not sure who gets S/L 1-4.

http://www.oge.com/Documents/OK/50.80%20FCA.pdf

http://www.oge.com/Documents/OK/Okla...homa%20FCA.pdf

What I don't get is the fuel charge only went up 1/4 of a cent, yet our thermostat shows 6 cents instead of 5. Is this due to rounding or is the other 3/4 of a cent an additional charge?

Servicetech,
    Wow, that's way over my head, but it's obvious that the fuel adjustment varies and I would have bet $100 that it didn't. And I'm not a the gambling type. Oh well, live and learn.
    C. T.
    OG&E uses a different fuel charge based on price plan. I believe that residential customers are S/L 5. Not sure who gets S/L 1-4.

http://www.oge.com/Documents/OK/50.80%20FCA.pdf

http://www.oge.com/Documents/OK/Okla...homa%20FCA.pdf

What I don't get is the fuel charge only went up 1/4 of a cent, yet our thermostat shows 6 cents instead of 5. Is this due to rounding or is the other 3/4 of a cent an additional charge?

Thread Information