Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Alley's End (4th & EK Gaylord)

Default Re: 4th & EK Gaylord

The article says it's a 100 million dollar development to start in fall of 2018. Asking for 10 million in subsidies which the city says is reasonable.

2. Default Re: 4th & EK Gaylord

Everything on paper sounds great. Then I saw the design. Very disappointed. Too long and too broad. Just looks like a big wall.

Blog Entries

Good quality development. Sure it's no Bricktown Towers; but it continues to address the need for downtown residential developments.

It was modeled after some project just finished in Dallas. Same architects.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    Everything on paper sounds great. Then I saw the design. Very disappointed. Too long and too broad. Just looks like a big wall.
    I'm not a big fan of the design either because of how long and broad it looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Brasky View Post
    I'm not a big fan of the design either because of how long and broad it looks.
    reminds me of the same shape of Vegas hotels. I like it. Want to see some better renderings though

7. Default Re: 4th & EK Gaylord

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    ...Sure it's no Bricktown Towers...
    If by that you mean this one is being proposed by known developers with documented track records and that it might actually happen, then I agree.

I would like to see the site plan before making any judgement. I like the set back but would like a larger scale project all over, not just one tower. I like the idea of 36,000 sf of retail, although, I assume most of that will be taken up with some sort of grocery store that has been rumored for a long time to go on this site.

I'd love to see how this proposal looks up against the existing downtown skyline.

The article said in the 200 foot range.

Looks good. I think some set back is necessary due to the nature of traffic at that intersection. If it actually happens, this will make a great foray into high-rise condos for downtown.

12. Default Re: 4th & EK Gaylord

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    I would like to see the site plan before making any judgement. I like the set back but would like a larger scale project all over, not just one tower. I like the idea of 36,000 sf of retail, although, I assume most of that will be taken up with some sort of grocery store that has been rumored for a long time to go on this site.
    The article says that there will be 10,500 sf of commercial space in the tower. It also says the pad site could be increased from 26,000 sf of retail to 52,000 sf, two-story. So in addition to the long rumored grocery store, there's at least 10,500 sf of additional space for something else.

Where is the sky bridge?

I'll be stunned if this actually happens. Stunned.

Quote Originally Posted by ourulz2000 View Post
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Why?
    The weakness in the overall economy was my first reason for skepticism, but I'm reminded that it's not that bad anytime I go out to eat on a Saturday night. I think if it's priced well, it will be a hit.

Quote Originally Posted by ourulz2000 View Post
    KD's departure will have little effect on these developments.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadanth View Post
    The weakness in the overall economy was my first reason for skepticism, but I'm reminded that it's not that bad anytime I go out to eat on a Saturday night. I think if it's priced well, it will be a hit.
    Remember, in the best case scenario these units won't be open for rent for at least 2 years, probably 3. Not only will the economy likely be very different (better) then, rents will have had that much time to continue their upward climb.

Also, this is a fantastic location and there are zero new construction high-rise rental units in OKC. Unless they are planning to ask completely unreasonable amounts, my opinion is that this will likely be a big success.

Agreed. I could see some college grads starting professional careers wanting something like that as long the jobs are here. Thus, preventing them from moving to DFW or elsewhere in TX.

Just a fantastic location:

Easy access to the CBD, Deep Deuce, Bricktown, Auto Alley and most of Midtown
    On the streetcar line
    Directly across from the Y
    Enough distance from the skyline to be able to see most of it

I can't see why people wouldn't be lining up to live here.

Love the design, think this will fill up fine. To those complaining about it's length and broadness - what would you suggest? Interested to see different ideas here. However, I think it being a triangle shaped property, this is a perfect fit. A square building would leave to much empty surface area.

22. Default Re: 4th & EK Gaylord

Is there a site plan available?

Working on getting the detailed plans.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    The article says that there will be 10,500 sf of commercial space in the tower. It also says the pad site could be increased from 26,000 sf of retail to 52,000 sf, two-story. So in addition to the long rumored grocery store, there's at least 10,500 sf of additional space for something else.
    I didn't read the whole article, just saw the 36,500 sf of retail space, so that is good news. I could see a CVS or Walgreens opening up down there and maybe an urban fast food kind of place, like Arby's in DT Tulsa. I would love to see a more modern Uptown Grocery with a second floor like the one on May and Britton, but I know that is being saved for midtown.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    I would love to see a more modern Uptown Grocery with a second floor like the one on May and Britton, but I know that is being saved for midtown.
    Say what?

Thread Information