Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Alley's End (4th & EK Gaylord)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: 4th & EK Gaylord

I would like to see the site plan before making any judgement. I like the set back but would like a larger scale project all over, not just one tower. I like the idea of 36,000 sf of retail, although, I assume most of that will be taken up with some sort of grocery store that has been rumored for a long time to go on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    I would like to see the site plan before making any judgement. I like the set back but would like a larger scale project all over, not just one tower. I like the idea of 36,000 sf of retail, although, I assume most of that will be taken up with some sort of grocery store that has been rumored for a long time to go on this site.
    The article says that there will be 10,500 sf of commercial space in the tower. It also says the pad site could be increased from 26,000 sf of retail to 52,000 sf, two-story. So in addition to the long rumored grocery store, there's at least 10,500 sf of additional space for something else.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    The article says that there will be 10,500 sf of commercial space in the tower. It also says the pad site could be increased from 26,000 sf of retail to 52,000 sf, two-story. So in addition to the long rumored grocery store, there's at least 10,500 sf of additional space for something else.
    I didn't read the whole article, just saw the 36,500 sf of retail space, so that is good news. I could see a CVS or Walgreens opening up down there and maybe an urban fast food kind of place, like Arby's in DT Tulsa. I would love to see a more modern Uptown Grocery with a second floor like the one on May and Britton, but I know that is being saved for midtown.

HangryHippo Guest

I would love to see a more modern Uptown Grocery with a second floor like the one on May and Britton, but I know that is being saved for midtown.
    Say what?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Brasky View Post
    Say what?
    It's been long know that the long term plan for where Bleu Garten is is to build an Uptown Grocery. Not new knowledge, pretty old, actually.

I'd love to see how this proposal looks up against the existing downtown skyline.

The article said in the 200 foot range.

Looks good. I think some set back is necessary due to the nature of traffic at that intersection. If it actually happens, this will make a great foray into high-rise condos for downtown.

Where is the sky bridge?

I'll be stunned if this actually happens. Stunned.

Quote Originally Posted by ourulz2000 View Post
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Why?
    The weakness in the overall economy was my first reason for skepticism, but I'm reminded that it's not that bad anytime I go out to eat on a Saturday night. I think if it's priced well, it will be a hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadanth View Post
    The weakness in the overall economy was my first reason for skepticism, but I'm reminded that it's not that bad anytime I go out to eat on a Saturday night. I think if it's priced well, it will be a hit.
    Remember, in the best case scenario these units won't be open for rent for at least 2 years, probably 3. Not only will the economy likely be very different (better) then, rents will have had that much time to continue their upward climb.

Also, this is a fantastic location and there are zero new construction high-rise rental units in OKC. Unless they are planning to ask completely unreasonable amounts, my opinion is that this will likely be a big success.

Quote Originally Posted by ourulz2000 View Post
    KD's departure will have little effect on these developments.

Agreed. I could see some college grads starting professional careers wanting something like that as long the jobs are here. Thus, preventing them from moving to DFW or elsewhere in TX.

Just a fantastic location:

Easy access to the CBD, Deep Deuce, Bricktown, Auto Alley and most of Midtown
    On the streetcar line
    Directly across from the Y
    Enough distance from the skyline to be able to see most of it

I can't see why people wouldn't be lining up to live here.

Love the design, think this will fill up fine. To those complaining about it's length and broadness - what would you suggest? Interested to see different ideas here. However, I think it being a triangle shaped property, this is a perfect fit. A square building would leave to much empty surface area.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chitty View Post
    Love the design, think this will fill up fine. To those complaining about it's length and broadness - what would you suggest? Interested to see different ideas here. However, I think it being a triangle shaped property, this is a perfect fit. A square building would leave to much empty surface area.
    Very well stated! Every development brought up on this forum is going to get critiqued. Is this a done deal?

The final design plans will probably differ somewhat from the initial plans announced.

Considering the state of our present economy; let's savory the moment that we continue to see growth & development in our area. Just wait until the energy sector gets back on its feet.

Is there a site plan available?

Working on getting the detailed plans.

Will be posting the info and plans in chunks, then will ultimately consolidate:

Project Summary

In response to the redevelopment vision and other stated goals outlined in the RFP dated May 9th, 2016 for approximately 1 acre located at Gaylord and NW 4th, Precor Ruffin and Landrun Commercial (LRPR) propose to construct a mixed use project consisting of a residential tower, adjacent retail/commercial building and complementary parking garage. This development is part of an overall plan that consists of about 3 acres of which LRPC owns 2 acres.

The proposed plan contained herein is subject to modification depending on market conditions as they may evolve but initially consist of the following:
    • 327 residential units
    • 36,500 SF of commercial space: 10,500 sq.ft. within the tower and a 26,000 sq.ft. pad site (pad site able to accommodate a 2‐story retail/commercial building for 52,000 square feet if market conditions warrant).
    • 712 space parking garage (plus an additional 45 surface parks); total parking spaces provided is 757.

The total cost of the Project is anticipated to be approximately $100 million. Based on the financial projections included with this proposal, the developer anticipates the need for approximately $10 million of assistance via tax increment financing (“TIF”) provided by the City of Oklahoma City.

The development team includes LRPR as developer, WDG architects of Dallas, and GE Johnson (“GEJ”) as the general contractor.

Site Summary
    Total site area consists of 2.97 acres. LRPR acquired the easternmost 1.93 acres in September of 2014 with the intent of unifying this parcel with the westernmost 1.04 acres; the subject of this RFP (Parcel A).

In addition, there are 2 additional parcels that the developer seeks to secure for the purpose of completing the project contemplated herein (see site map that follows):
    Parcel B: .16‐acre former street right‐of‐way for NW 3rd for the purpose of creating a plaza complementing the commercial area occupying the south 1/2 of the site.
    Parcel C: .34‐acre parcel situated on the south side of NW 3rd and east of Gaylord; this site’s intended use is an off premise project marquee sign.

Couple of points:

Will be posting the info and plans in chunks, then will ultimately consolidate:
    Project Summary
    In response to the redevelopment vision and other stated goals outlined in the RFP dated May 9th, 2016 for approximately 1 acre located at Gaylord and NW 4th, Precor Ruffin and Landrun Commercial (LRPR) propose to construct a mixed use project consisting of a residential tower, adjacent retail/commercial building and complementary parking garage. This development is part of an overall plan that consists of about 3 acres of which LRPC owns 2 acres.

The proposed plan contained herein is subject to modification depending on market conditions as they may evolve but initially consist of the following:
    • 327 residential units
    • 36,500 SF of commercial space: 10,500 sq.ft. within the tower and a 26,000 sq.ft. pad site (pad site able to accommodate a 2‐story retail/commercial building for 52,000 square feet if market conditions warrant).
    • 712 space parking garage (plus an additional 45 surface parks); total parking spaces provided is 757.

The total cost of the Project is anticipated to be approximately $100 million. Based on the financial projections included with this proposal, the developer anticipates the need for approximately $10 million of assistance via tax increment financing (“TIF”) provided by the City of Oklahoma City.

The development team includes LRPR as developer, WDG architects of Dallas, and GE Johnson (“GEJ”) as the general contractor.

Site Summary
    Total site area consists of 2.97 acres. LRPR acquired the easternmost 1.93 acres in September of 2014 with the intent of unifying this parcel with the westernmost 1.04 acres; the subject of this RFP (Parcel A).

In addition, there are 2 additional parcels that the developer seeks to secure for the purpose of completing the project contemplated herein (see site map that follows):
    Parcel B: .16‐acre former street right‐of‐way for NW 3rd for the purpose of creating a plaza complementing the commercial area occupying the south 1/2 of the site.
    Parcel C: .34‐acre parcel situated on the south side of NW 3rd and east of Gaylord; this site’s intended use is an off premise project marquee sign.
    1. Is it really necessary to have over two spaces per residential unit?
    2. Does this mean NW 3rd will dead end on the other side of the railroad tracks in DD?

Couple of points:

1. Is it really necessary to have over two spaces per residential unit?
    2. Does this mean NW 3rd will dead end on the other side of the railroad tracks in DD?
    1. Parking is for the entire project, not just the apartments
    2. No, it will remain unchanged

1. Parking is for the entire project, not just the apartments
    2. No, it will remain unchanged
    1. Got it, makes sense.
    2. Can you explain in layman's terms what the ROW and the other parcel they are looking to acquire? It sounded to me like they wanted to close all of NW 3rd and continue the project to the small space on south side of it.

Quote Originally Posted by KayneMo View Post
    It's regulated by code to have that many parking spaces; for multiple-family residential, code says 1.5 spaces per efficiency and 1 dwelling unit, and 2 spaces per 2 or more bedroom unit.
    There is 0 parking requirement downtown

Apartments, not condos.

10% and $10 million in TIF is a big ask; 5 to 7% is more typical.

21c got 10% but that only equated to $5.3 million, which is still twice as big as any other TIF award; so $10 million would be twice again as large.
    It is a big ask. But new downtown high raise apts are new and if it also brings a downtown full service grocery then it may be worth it.

1. Got it, makes sense.
    2. Can you explain in layman's terms what the ROW and the other parcel they are looking to acquire? It sounded to me like they wanted to close all of NW 3rd and continue the project to the small space on south side of it.
    See middle of post 180.

The parcel labeled "B". Is the 3rd st row they want to use. 3rd street used to go direct west and not curve south connecting with ekg

The parcel labeled "c ". They just want to put a sign. The last image on post 180 also show this.

Thread Information