Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Alley's End (4th & EK Gaylord)

Default Re: 4th & EK Gaylord

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    There's a dog park being built I think
    Maybe. It's been promised for years. And it will be about the size of a garage - not exactly a "park".

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    Maybe. It's been promised for years. And it will be about the size of a garage - not exactly a "park".
    I though the OKSEA shipping container project was going to include a dog park? Are we talking about the same one?

3. Default Re: 4th & EK Gaylord

MBG has a dog park. Most downtowns have structured public amenities. Not everything will be right outside your door.

While I agree DD needs a park or two, 4th and Broadway triangle is NOT deep deuce and that land is far too valuable for a dog park (which could be being used as a dog park NOW if it was that much of a demand, right?).

How about the I-235 area? There's plenty of grass there and right next to the neighbourhood. I'm being serious actually, we should utilize land available before we go insisting on CBD land for immaterial uses.
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Default Former Chamber of Commerce Site

How long has Landrun had the Office/Retail/Living NowPre-leasing sign up on this site? I don't remember seeing it discussed or what they proposed.

It's been up a while now. There is a picture somewhere on here from when it went up. I remember discussing them wanting to do a midrise building.

The ownership group (primarily Jonathan Russel and Mark Ruffin) continue to work deals at this site.

I know they having been talking with Walgreens and Bomasada (The Metropolitan) about housing.

Seems like they are getting closer to having a development plan put together.

Blog Entries

Is that the parcel across from the old OPUBCO Bldg., & the downtown YMCA? That's where many of us who use that branch park...

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Is that the parcel across from the old OPUBCO Bldg., & the downtown YMCA? That's where many of us who use that branch park...
    Maybe they'll put a garage up as part of the development. Hopefully Bomasada insists on something with some height as that parcel would be great for highrise housing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
    Hopefully Bomasada insists on something with some height as that parcel would be great for highrise housing.
    Has he done high rises?

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BDP View Post
    Has he done high rises?
    Unfortunately, I don't see any on their website. I see one project in South Carolina that looks like it may be midrise...

Bomasada is progressively getting more urban, it appears.

What does that have to do with this thread?

I'm not a mind reader, but the address of the street work would be the obvious guess.

A consultant recommends narrowing E.K. Gaylord Boulevard between Reno Avenue and NW 4 in downtown Oklahoma City and adding sidewalks, landscaping and more.
    Changes to E.K. Gaylord along this stretch would probably have some sort of impact on the development of the parcel in question.

Sidewalks on the east side and a pedestrian crossing where the BT parking lot has a tunnel across from Santa Fe Garage would be nice. I can't tell from the images if those are in the plans or not and the rest of the article is unavailable to me.

They are actually considering 4 options which you can see here:

Project 180 - OKCTalk

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    I'm not a mind reader, but the address of the street work would be the obvious guess.

Changes to E.K. Gaylord along this stretch would probably have some sort of impact on the development of the parcel in question.
    This project is from main St south.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    This project is from main St south.
    The restriping is from main st to 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by BDP View Post
    Sidewalks on the east side and a pedestrian crossing where the BT parking lot has a tunnel across from Santa Fe Garage would be nice. I can't tell from the images if those are in the plans or not and the rest of the article is unavailable to me.
    Honestly l would like to see that opening in the rail wall sealed shut (unless a proper crosswalk is input). It currently encourages dangerous jaywalking.

I don't understand why we couldn't have a dignified pedestrian crossing there. The free market seems to be calling for it, the people are speaking with their feet.

What people don't realize is the visibility issue as EKG bends around the parking garages, right where drivers pick up speed. The whole 4th / 3rd / Broadway / EKG intersection doesn't work and needs to be straightened out.

This city's public works department seems to think they can just turn the stop lights around the curve to not have a visibility issue. It really exemplifies the fundamental belief that streets are linear infrastructure in a vacuum.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Honestly l would like to see that opening in the rail wall sealed shut (unless a proper crosswalk is input). It currently encourages dangerous jaywalking.
    Why not just make it safe for crossing instead?

There is a sign up for pre-leasing. It says Residential, Office, and Retail. If they are pre-leasing does that mean they have concrete plans?

I'm pretty sure that's been there a while, correct?

It has. Almost a year, I think.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's been there a while, correct?
    Correct. It's been up for some time.

Thread Information