Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Alley's End (4th & EK Gaylord)

Default Re: 4th & EK Gaylord

The sale to Jonathan Russell has closed.

http://www.oklahoman.com/article/5345650?embargo=1

Jonathan Russell, best known for redevelopment of The Rise shopping center at NW 23 and Walker in Uptown, closed a $2.9 million purchase Thursday of property at the southeast corner of Broadway and NW 4.

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    The sale to Jonathan Russell has closed.

http://www.oklahoman.com/article/5345650?embargo=1
    Hopefully whatever they do with this parcel goes smoother than the rise, or grandchildren will be looking at a construction fence there in 30 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I've been able to confirm that these plans were actually created for another developer who had been considering acquiring this property; not Land Run. For some reason that potential deal did not come together.

My understanding is that Land Run does not have any specific plans at this time.
    Very disappointing. That would be an amazing spot for high-rise residential.

I wonder if Land Run actually plans on developing it or if they will flip it when the time is right to whoever will actually develop the property.

SandRidge bought this for $1.97 million just two years ago.

Nice million dollar flip.

The $2.9 million sale just posted on the County Assessor site.

Interesting, the ownership entity is "Times Square OKC LLC".

May be a hint at future development.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The $2.9 million sale just posted on the County Assessor site.

Interesting, the ownership entity is "Times Square OKC LLC".

May be a hint at future development.
    Hopefully they're not planning on a giant advertising screen at the top! That might be more difficult to sleep through than the trains (which I never notice anymore, by the way).

The property is kind of shaped like Times Square.

We're getting the second location of Guy's American Kitchen!

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/14/di...anted=all&_r=0

A large times Square like TV would be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cotter View Post

Um, did you read the article? Not sure why you're using an exclamation point, sounds like a horrible place, I don't plan on ever eating there if the review is even 10% accurate...

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Um, did you read the article? Not sure why you're using an exclamation point, sounds like a horrible place, I don't plan on ever eating there if the review is even 10% accurate...
    Pretty sure that was sarcasm..lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bullbear View Post
    Pretty sure that was sarcasm..lol
    Don't know enough of his posting history to know for sure, but, yeah, I'd hope so!

As has been said many many times before, we *really* need a sarcasm font on the intertubes.

Don't know enough of his posting history to know for sure, but, yeah, I'd hope so!

As has been said many many times before, we *really* need a sarcasm font on the intertubes.
    From this day forward Fixedsys size 6 will be sarcasm font

Rule #2: Any reference to Guy's American Kitchen is assumed to be sarcasm unless noted otherwise.

Menu sounds good, though: Guy's American Kitchen & Bar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cotter View Post

That review is hysterical. It's sad that after all of the scrumptious discoveries Fieri has made touring the US eating (that's a job I would take any day), that he brought so little back from the experiences for his own diners to enjoy. And no, I never eat in Times Square (although "Restaurant Row" on 46th Street has some wonderfully charming little Italian places).

Until I see Land Run finish The Rise to expectations of renderings (have serious doubts at this point), they are an incompetent group as far as I am concerned. No group with a semblance of a clue of what they are doing misses this badly on date of completion. I don't want to hear about the delays that were out of their hands....experienced developers recognize and account for these from the onset.

I am all for this lot being developed, but not by this group until they can prove that they can pull their heads out of their you know what.

I thought Jonathan Russell was the one who left Landrun, or was that someone else?

Quote Originally Posted by BillyOcean View Post
    Until I see Land Run finish The Rise to expectations of renderings (have serious doubts at this point), they are an incompetent group as far as I am concerned. No group with a semblance of a clue of what they are doing misses this badly on date of completion. I don't want to hear about the delays that were out of their hands....experienced developers recognize and account for these from the onset.

I am all for this lot being developed, but not by this group until they can prove that they can pull their heads out of their you know what.
    We need to remember that this would be renovation of an old building (The Rise) versus new construction (4th and Gaylord) and new construction is typically easier unless you hit things unexpected like water tables, etc.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BillyOcean View Post

Agree completely. Someone that can actually deliver something grand is what's needed on this lot, and that's not Land Run.

My hope is that Land Run bought this with the intention of flipping it when the right developer comes along. I agree with people who say that until I see a completed Rise, I don't trust Land Run to deliver a quality development.

I often just use & in texts and emails which friends and colleagues know by denotes the driest sarcasm..

Example:
    Not that we don't already know eachother well enough to tell everyone's sarcasm &

Land Run now has a sign up on this property:

If they put a sign up, an announcement and renderings should be coming soon...

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    If they put a sign up, an announcement and renderings should be coming soon...
    Or they are just gauging market interest. They are advertising office retail and residential. Really broad, so mybe just seeing what bites they get before making a final decision on how to develop the property.

Yeah, I don't think they have a clear picture of what they want to do yet.

Thread Information