Widgets Magazine

Thread: Tulsa Arena

Patrick Guest

Default Tulsa Arena

Here are some nw pics of the Tulsa's proposed arena.

http://www.vision2025.info/includes/...11/gallery.swf

swake Guest

Default Re: Tulsa Arena

Goundbreaking is Wednesday

Construction camera is here
    http://vision2025.info/camera.php?camera=arenacamera

flyingcowz Guest

Porky Guest

This is a complete waste of Tax Dollars for the people of Tulsa. The Tulsa Talons and Tulsa Ice Oilers draw less than 2,000 people per game on an average.

The location is horrid, unlike Bricktown near to the Ford Center we have two homeless shelters, a county jail and the YMCA which is nothing more than a slum lord project.

There's no where to park and quite frankly people have quit going downtown to events because of the element that preys around this area.

flyingcowz Guest

Porky, while I do agree the location isn't the greatest, I have to say that if a homeless person bothers you, than I am sorry. Sure, they aren't great to look at, but every city has them. I have met some really nice people who were homeless, while walking downtown.

There's no where to park and quite frankly people have quit going downtown to events because of the element that preys around this area.
    Why? Just because parking isn't right out front like Wal-Mart.

No wonder people are getting so damn fat.

Porky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by flyingcowz
    Porky, while I do agree the location isn't the greatest, I have to say that if a homeless person bothers you, than I am sorry. Sure, they aren't great to look at, but every city has them. I have met some really nice people who were homeless, while walking downtown.

The last concert I went to at the Tulsa Convention Center was my final endeavor downtown under the leadership of the current mayor.

As I was fortunate to find a place to park in the multi level parking lot adjacent to the convention center, we were met with thugs roaming the garage....not homeless but thugs. Once safely outside of the garage and walking the short distance to the convention center, we were able to enjoy the homeless drinking, urinating and etc. Once inside the thug element was in there as well roaming the halls and obviously weren't there to enjoy the concert. During the concert we went out in the hall to buy some tee shirts and saw total madness going on as the thugs were stealing the tee shirts and trying to run off with them. Some were successfully but others had been caught by the security the band had brought with them and the scene was extremely violent.

After returning to our seats I looked at my watch and it was 10:00. I asked my date if it was just me or had we ventured to some underworld society that evening. We got up and left with nothing changing in the hallways nor outside of the building, it was still total madness going on. Once in the garage we were met with two thugs on Bicycles they had obviously stole (these guys were in their 20's) circling us and chanting remarks about the color of our skin. Along with sexual remarks to my lady and the obvious thoughts of robbery we made it back to my truck and got the heck out of there. Never once in the entire evenings ordeal did we ever see one Tulsa Police Officer.

As we drove out of the parking lot the streets were filled with the homeless and as we passed the YMCA there were all the thugs hanging out. Then as we drove by those new condo's next to all of this with gated fences, we could see the thugs and homeless wandering in their secured parking lot.

Yep, your correct....... there could be a better place to build the new Arena.

How is Tulsa going to support a new arena when the tax there is already sky high due to past projects that haven't exactly been bringing in new business or new tourism?

I am so glad I don't live there.

swake Guest

Tulsa's sales tax rate is 8.517 vs OKCs 8.375, so if you spend $100 in Tulsa vs OKC you could save 14 cents buying in OKC.

Property tax millage in OKC is a little lower, in OKC schools is 111.01, in Tulsa in Tulsa schools it's 121.45.

I was remembering the days of Tulsa's being close to 10%. Thanks for the correction, but I still like OKC much better.

swake Guest

When was Tulsa close to 10%? I think the current rate is an all time high

Thread Information