Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Communities in Texas

Default Communities in Texas

I know, another Texas forum. This forum I want to put everything that's about Texas.

So lets start with Waco.

McLanes Stadium

View of Waco new signature bridge as well as view of downtown.

McLANE STADIUM

Default Re: The Great State of Texas

This is nice but this area is supposed to be about communities instead of states. I think a separate thread about any particular city you want to feature would be better. It's kind of like starting a community thread about California. It just covers too much territory for one thread. Actually the title for this area says OK communities but I think having other cities in our general area of the US is good.

This forum is brought to you by:

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    This is nice but this area is supposed to be about communities instead of states. I think a separate thread about any particular city you want to feature would be better. It's kind of like starting a community thread about California. It just covers too much territory for one thread. Actually the title for this area says OK communities but I think having other cities in our general area of the US is good.
    Yeah, I thought about making a Waco thread but with so many cities in this state I thought this might be better instead of having one city thread after another. But if one of the Mods what to move it can feel free to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by JoninATX View Post
    Yeah, I thought about making a Texas thread but like you said it's a community thread. Maybe someone could make a state thread?
    Possibly, but I still think if you want to feature things about particular cities it would eventually get lost in a thread about a state as big as Texas with as many large cities as it has. I think you could stir a revolution if you wanted a major forum section here just about Texas.

Possibly, but I still think if you want to feature things about particular cities it would eventually get lost in a thread about a state as big as Texas with as many large cities as it has. I think you could stir a revolution if you wanted a major forum section here just about Texas.
    Lol that's true. I just wanted to show some of yall things going on around the state. But I do know this is an Oklahoma forum and will not put Texas above that.

Lol that's true. I just wanted to show some of yall things going on around the state. But I do know this is an Oklahoma forum and will not put Texas above that.
    That's great because everyone knows that Oklahoma is above Texas. LOL

nOW WAIYT A MINUTE. this is a good thread to post things that are going on in Texas that aren't quite big enough cities to put in their own thread or we'd have 100 different threads. If a large tower gets announced for Lubbock, we'd put it here instead of creating a thread for Lubbock where another post might not happoen.

It's kind of Northwest Expressway. I built that back in the 1800 when Romeo wreote his first scripti. The grampa set his ways and amde we'v3 got the Devon tower land secured for future use. That way Dallas wouldn't get bigger than us. The only problem is they grew too fast in 60s. Goddamn hippies!

Texas is an amazing state and I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If Texas were it's own economic entity, it'd be the 15 most powerful in the world, more than most countries!!!!!

That's great because everyone knows that Oklahoma is above Texas. LOL
    Well you ain't wrong, but football is another story.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    nOW WAIYT A MINUTE. this is a good thread to post things that are going on in Texas that aren't quite big enough cities to put in their own thread or we'd have 100 different threads. If a large tower gets announced for Lubbock, we'd put it here instead of creating a thread for Lubbock where another post might not happoen.

It's kind of Northwest Expressway. I built that back in the 1800 when Romeo wreote his first scripti. The grampa set his ways and amde we'v3 got the Devon tower land secured for future use. That way Dallas wouldn't get bigger than us. The only problem is they grew too fast in 60s. Goddamn hippies!

Texas is an amazing state and I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If Texas were it's own economic entity, it'd be the 15 most powerful in the world, more than most countries!!!!!
    Maybe the title just needs to be changed to Other Communities in Texas.

Please don't overdose on Texas, plupan.

You really need to stop getting on here when you're drunk, lol.

That could work as well. Feel free to change the title if necessary.

That could work as well. Feel free to change the title if necessary.
    Only the person who started the thread or the moderator can change it.

Kyle Field - College Station, TX

Rendering

Progress

https://mobile.twitter.com/TexAgs/st...057984/photo/1

The hideous white exterior is finally being covered with a layer of brick. Once complete Kyle Field will be the 3rd largest college stadium in America, and will hold approx. 106,000 fans. The other 2 that are larger than Kyle Field are Beaver Stadium, and Michigan Stadium.

Default Re: Communities in Texas

Is the tower still being built in Midland??

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi Blues View Post
    You really need to stop getting on here when you're drunk, lol.
    Man I'm actually not too drunk just a bit intoxicated and laying here with this girl I like but she is passed out.. So now I'm just browsing the net waiting until I sleepy

There's a really funny song about Texas. It's a a satire song from taco Tuesday and radio graffiti. If you ever see him, I triple dare you to call him a hambone

Is the tower still being built in Midland??
    Unfortunately the original tower that was proposed has been scrapped. This is what's now proposed.

Inicio

Unfortunately the original tower that was proposed has been scrapped. This is what's now proposed.

Inicio
    well, hopefully they keep the design and perhaps another building can use it. I like it and how it had an exoskeleton

It was a bummer, but this new model seems to fit Into the Midland skyline better.

It was a bummer, but this new model seems to fit Into the Midland skyline better.
    You're absolutely right and I'm not surprised it was changed. Sometimes common sense and reality win out, even in the oil business.

Kyle Field - College Station, TX

Rendering

Progress

https://mobile.twitter.com/TexAgs/st...057984/photo/1

The hideous white exterior is finally being covered with a layer of brick. Once complete Kyle Field will be the 3rd largest college stadium in America, and will hold approx. 106,000 fans. The other 2 that are larger than Kyle Field are Beaver Stadium, and Michigan Stadium.
    Unless the capacity is going to be more after 2015 that's not correct.

FAQ | Redevelopment of Kyle Field

What is the seating capacity going to be?

Seating capacity is expected to be 102,512 for the 2015 season.
    I'm sure, like most stadiums, the attendance will be more than the capacity at times.

True to that. Right now I'm hoping this gets built. People in Midland and Odessa are fearing an oil bust, which could happen but it's not going away anytime soon. As long as prices hold above $100 then everything good in The Permian Basin.

Back to Permian: U.S. Oil Comes Full Circle

New app to help on game day at expanded Kyle Field

COLLEGE STATION, Texas (AP) — Experts at Texas A&M have created a smartphone app to help with game day traffic at Kyle Field where upgrades will increase seating to more than 106,000.

A&M officials on Tuesday unveiled the free app, called Destination Aggieland, during an update on $450 million in stadium renovations. Kyle Field has added about 20,000 seats since last season.

Chancellor John Sharp says the Texas A&M Transportation Institute's Kyle Field plan, which includes the app, is another way to improve the overall game day experience.
    New app to help on game day at expanded Kyle Field | College Football

Most likely temporary seating, if they are then Kyle Field will be 3rd largest in captivity for this year, and will decrease to 102,500 beating out Neyland Stadium.

The Rio Grande Valley

The Rio Grande Valley is a region in south Texas and northern Mexico which is home to some 3 million people with 1.5 million living on the U.S side.

McAllen, TX

McAllen new Performing Arts Center.

McAllen breaks ground on Performing Arts Center - Texas Border Business

Brownsville, TX

Texas Offers SpaceX $15 Million in Incentives to Build Private Spaceport

Texas is offering the private space company SpaceX more than $15 million in incentives to build a new launch facility at the southernmost tip of the Lone Star State.

SpaceX, which is based in Hawthorne, California, has been buying up land near Boca Chica Beach in preparation to build a seaside spaceport in Brownsville, Texas, where commercial satellites will soar over the Gulf of Mexico and into orbit.

"SpaceX is excited to expand our work in Texas with the world's first commercial launch complex designed specifically for orbital missions," SpaceX CEO Elon Musk said in a statement. Musk thanked local and state officials, including Governor Rick Perry for their efforts "to make this vision a reality."*

Perry announced this week that the Texas Enterprise Fund would offer $2.3 million to bring SpaceX's launch site to Cameron County.

Under the Texas incentive plan, SpaceX will also collect $13 million from the Spaceport Trust Fund to the Cameron County Spaceport Development Corp. According to Perry's office, the new Texas spaceport would mark an $85 million investment in the local economy and it promises to create 300 jobs.
    Texas Offers SpaceX $15 Million in Incentives to Build Private Spaceport

Thread Information