Widgets Magazine
Page 48 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4344454647484950515253 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1671

Thread: OAK (formerly Penn Central)

1. Default Re: OAK (formerly Penn Central)

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    I hope this isn't a dig at Pete. He won't breach the trust developers have with him by spilling beans they don't want him to. Never has, never will. No need for bashing.
    It wasn’t at all. I know he can’t tell and lose his sources.

2. Default Re: OAK (formerly Penn Central)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    If I find out something on my own and can independently verify it, then I don't seek permission to report it.

But if someone tells me something that I didn't otherwise know, they have the right to dictate terms. Or if I think I know something but can't be completely sure, often I'm told: "Yes, but please don't announce quite yet as things are still being finalized". In those situations, it's the honest and ethical thing not to blast it out to the universe.

I don't think either of these two is going to be any type of bombshell so I'm not teasing or trying to play the game of look-how-smart-I-am. I suspect both will be announced in the next couple of months and we'll continue to get similar releases as everything progresses.
    I understand and wasn’t implying you’re playing that game. I know how it goes. I was always “mayor of the mall” when I worked in them and tried to get the scoop. No worries.

3. Default Re: OAK (formerly Penn Central)

Quote Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    Arhuas is a very very fine huas...
    I'll respond ..... 😊

4. Default Re: OAK (formerly Penn Central)

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    I'll respond ..... ��
    Needs one more very though...

Default Re: OAK (formerly Penn Central)

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrator View Post
    Needs one more very though...
    Argh...yes, you are correct.

I wonder what additional infrastructure is going to be considered to handle the increased traffic flow

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I wonder what additional infrastructure is going to be considered to handle the increased traffic flow
    NW 50th will align with the light on Penn, which will help.

Also, that is a completely new street and intersection on NW Expressway just west of Oak. As it is now, drivers have to exit NW Ex at Villa, then go east on 50th or go all the way to Penn and then right on NW 50th.

So, I think the huge majority of the traffic will be coming in at NW 50th on Penn or on the new street and be contained to that small area. Of course, there will be more traffic on both Penn and NW Ex.

NW 50th will align with the light on Penn, which will help.

Also, that is a completely new street and intersection on NW Expressway just west of Oak. As it is now, drivers have to exit NW Ex at Villa, then go east on 50th or go all the way to Penn and then right on NW 50th.

So, I think the huge majority of the traffic will be coming in at NW 50th on Penn or on the new street and be contained to that small area. Of course, there will be more traffic on both Penn and NW Ex.
    NW expressway could handle a bit more traffic and be ok. . Penn could create an issue

Penn could really use a dedicated center turn lane from NW 47th to NW 56th

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    Penn could really use a dedicated center turn lane from NW 47th to NW 56th
    Yes. And along with May Ave from NW50th all the way up north!

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    Yes. And along with May Ave from NW50th all the way up north!
    That'll never happen, way too much infrastructure too close to the street, not allowing for expansion, and the street's not wide enough (in most places) to just restripe. I soooooooooooooooooooo wish they would, though, just from 58th - Wilshire at the very least!

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    That'll never happen, way too much infrastructure too close to the street, not allowing for expansion, and the street's not wide enough (in most places) to just restripe. I soooooooooooooooooooo wish they would, though, just from 58th - Wilshire at the very least!
    Exactly right you are. Poor poor planning from the get-go, but that's for another thread!

Pretty cool that this is getting built almost exactly like it was proposed.

Dallas-based Mesero is set to bring its contemporary Mexican food and craft cocktails to the OAK development under construction at NW Expressway and Penn.

This will be Mesero’s first location outside the state of Texas.

The popular restaurant will join Capital Grille, RH Gallery, Arhaus, Lively Hotel, upscale apartments and many more retail and dining tenants yet to be announced at OAK.

The 5,500 square foot space will overlook a small park in the center of the development and will include a mezzanine level for outdoor dining.

OAK also recently announced plans to include two large sculptures in the Park, both with chrome-like cloud structures: Cloud Trees and Cloud Puncher. The $2 million art installation by Brad Oldham Sculpture.

OAK plans to be open in the summer of 2024.

Looks like an excellent addition to OAK and the food scene. Glancing at the menu and it is definitely not the standard Okie-Mex as it were. The food looks high quality and tasty. Can't wait to see what other announcements are coming with this development. So far, they have a perfect track record of bringing in the right tenants. They are doing things in a first class way and doing them right. Kudos to the OAK team!

The announcements should start coming faster now.

There are several things I think are done and a bunch more where they are close.

All the proposed tenants I've seen would be high-quality.

Excited about Mesero. Its predecessor, Mr. Mesero on McKinney, was one of my favorite restaurants in Dallas. I guess it's now changed its name to Doce Tablas or something but it is the ancestor to the Mesero chain.

If the quality level is as good as Mr. Mesero this will seriously elevate OKC's Tex-Mex tableau.

Is there a small additional row of apartments on the back side of the parking garage up against the road?

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Is there a small additional row of apartments on the back side of the parking garage up against the road?
    Yes.

To completely shield the garage from view.

Yes.

To completely shield the garage from view.
    I love that. Such a quality development taking shape here.

And that's a ton of retail tucked away back there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    And that's a ton of retail tucked away back there as well.
    There are going to be a ton of smaller restaurants, bars and patios, especially in the next phase when they take out the Registry building.

For that part of the development, they will focus more on local places and I've seen a rendering with a food hall type of complex with a rooftop patio (not a final plan, just one of several options).

So, there will be some very nice sit-down places but also a lot of options for coffee, ice cream and more casual places that will offer a wide variety.

As I keep saying, this will be unlike anything else in OKC and should be a denser and better Utica Square.

It's such a cool development. I keep hoping and praying for an Eataly, but I don't see it happening. The location at Dallas NorthPark is 46,000 sf and most of the other locations are 40-45,000 sf. It would be a huge get for development.

Thread Information