Widgets Magazine

Thread: OAK (formerly Penn Central)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Penn Central

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Sounds like the homeowners need to be living in a small town where nothing changes until they all die off. Lol.
    I take it this was sarcasm against home owners?

Look, I love this development and in this location. All I’m saying is there appears to be 20 or so homes adjacent to this and from sketches there will be very tall buildings right at property line or close to it. And I would hope the developers work with owners to make sure they are whole. This is a massive deal not just one thing going up. In addition to the building they have roads which will see massive increases.

If it was you or anyone owning a house you would be concerned. If an owner likes it then great. And maybe the sketches are not final and homes will have some type protection. Anyone buying now would be aware so thats on them. But existing owners need to have option of selling/moving without losing a lot of money. That all I’m saying just do it right and make it a positive for all not just business.

I think thats reasonable. These were not vacant lots they built houses next to. Some old houses were town down along with businesses. There was no expectation of this massive complex. Help the owners so they are not out tons of money if they sell.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Penn Central

It doesn't look like the height is a big issue. There is already a big office building at the west end and it is across the street from 50 Penn tower. There are big asphalt parking lots that detract from the neighborhood. Most of the area this is going in was already commercial so it isn't like they didn't have an idea that business is next or near to them. What is going in is way more upscale than what it is replacing. The idea that property values are going to crash is not right. Owners will not be out tons of money. They will make money if they choose to sell.

Thread Information