Widgets Magazine
Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: National Basketball Association

Blog Entries

Default Re: National Basketball Association

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    He's going to set a record for shots too. He's not really efficient; just shooting a ton. But it's working.

I've still got the Warriors.
    He's involved in something like 75% of their buckets. But yes shooting a bunch. Delly was huge tonight.

I've never been a huge Lebron supporter....but what he is doing (to help his team) is very impressive thus far. Look no further than the struggles Durant had in the 12-13 playoffs after Westbrook went down with the knee injury. If Ibaka would have been out as well, I imagine that Durant's shot volume would have been comparably off the charts as well. So, its somewhat excusable to see Lebron tryin to do it all, sans Irving and Love.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy View Post
    I've never been a huge Lebron supporter....but what he is doing (to help his team) is very impressive thus far. Look no further than the struggles Durant had in the 12-13 playoffs after Westbrook went down with the knee injury. If Ibaka would have been out as well, I imagine that Durant's shot volume would have been comparably off the charts as well. So, its somewhat excusable to see Lebron tryin to do it all, sans Irving and Love.
    Totally agree. Showing how good he really is more now than ever in my view.

With that said, still think GS has a great shot to win this series especially if they get it to 2-2. Cleveland better win game 4 and game 6. GS has been off (due in large part to very tough defense by Cavs). Delly had to be hospitalized after the game for goodness sakes! That dude leaves it ALL on the floor - literally last night.

4. Default Re: National Basketball Association

If Lebron wins this series he is on the pantheon of immortal basketball legends. He might already be there but this performance is insane.

This is a progressive proposal by the NCAA.

NCAA proposes new NBA draft rule to allow underclassmen to return to school

College underclassmen will now have the opportunity to return to school even after declaring for the NBA draft, if a new proposal sponsored Wednesday by the NCAA men's basketball oversight committee is adopted by the membership in January.

Blog Entries

Free agency is in FULL swing. Love staying with Cavs ($110 mil); Butler with Bulls ($95mill); Tyson Chandler to Suns; Splitter traded from Spurs to Hawks and of course Singler with Thunder (5 years $25mill)

Blog Entries

Heard that LaMacus Aldridge (Portland) is going to the Spurs; has this been confirm yet?

The Spurs are totally going to get LaMarcus Aldridge, aren?t they | For The Win

Blog Entries

No but reported to be a leader. He met w Lakers today and that didn't go well for LA.

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Heard that LaMacus Aldridge (Portland) is going to the Spurs; has this been confirm yet?

The Spurs are totally going to get LaMarcus Aldridge, aren?t they | For The Win
    No, but San Antonio is rumored as the most likely destination. That's a huge, huge get for San Antonio. They also got Danny Green back on the cheap.

The Thunder tried to establish a culture where players sacrificed in contracts for the betterment of the team (which I think is somewhat absurd considering owner profits) like the Spurs. KD didn't include an opt-out in his last year and Russ took a slight discount. Unfortunately, Harden was unwilling to do so (which he had no obligation to do). That's been part of the Spurs success that no other team can replicate.

Anyway, I do like the Singler contract and it'll look better over time. $5 million per year under the new salary cap will be super cheap.

No, but San Antonio is rumored as the most likely destination. That's a huge, huge get for San Antonio. They also got Danny Green back on the cheap.

The Thunder tried to establish a culture where players sacrificed in contracts for the betterment of the team (which I think is somewhat absurd considering owner profits) like the Spurs. KD didn't include an opt-out in his last year and Russ took a slight discount. Unfortunately, Harden was unwilling to do so (which he had no obligation to do). That's been part of the Spurs success that no other team can replicate.

Anyway, I do like the Singler contract and it'll look better over time. $5 million per year under the new salary cap will be super cheap.
    It's absurd as a systemic/NBA thing. It's not absurd as an individual franchise thing. As long as San Antonio is the only one doing it though, then they're the only ones who will benefit.

If Durant and Westbrook are serious about turning OKC into a dynasty, they'd be wise to look at SAS. Especially Durant, whose insane Nike Contract will be the largest he ever signs for…he'll probably make a little more every year via the NBA…but really, when you've already got a 10-year/$300MM contract locked up, maybe you can look at the winning aspect and say "hey…I think I'll take less so that I can get some pieces around me".

I mean, OKC's probably going to land about $34MM in the tax this year.

Blog Entries

Greg Monroe gets max deal. NBA is playing with monopoly money.

Have Cav's salary for the roster? Record breaking spending.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Have Cav's salary for the roster? Record breaking spending.
    Don't think they're spending more than the Nets did. But, yeah, they're going to be paying some serious luxury tax dollars.

Blog Entries

Funny - NFL players are all pissed off about NBA money. Lots of tweets today flying around!

Blog Entries

You can probably scratch Dallas from the Enes Canter sweepstakes; they just picked up a premier NBA center.

Los Angeles Clippers free-agent center DeAndre Jordan plans to announce early Friday evening that he has agreed to sign a four-year, $80 million deal with the Dallas Mavericks, sources told Yahoo Sports.
    Source: DeAndre Jordan agrees to $80 million deal with Mavericks http://sports.yahoo.com/news/source-...72.htmlhttp://

Blog Entries

Aldridge to Spurs. UUGH. made a point of saying it was important to go home to Tx. Double UUGH.

Spurs are gonna be tough.

Blog Entries

Spurs are gonna be tough.
    Very. Lost Splitter but re-signed Green, Leonard. Duncan didn't retire damn him. ha.

Blog Entries

What a blow to Portland? Wesley Matthews, Nicholas Batum, Robin Lopez & LaMarcus Aldridge (Key core players) plucked from the Trailblazers' roster.

Rumors are that the Blazers will hit the reset button; Is Kanter on their radar? Portland Trail Blazers May Be Interested in Enes Kanter - Blazer's Edge

Blog Entries

Deandre Jordan circus - good overview of it all. Cuban has to be beside himself.

Sorting Out the DeAndre Jordan Carnival «

Blog Entries

Beside himself (Cuban) is a good description; just think, Dallas lost these key players:

Tyson Chandler, C (to Suns)
    Monta Ellis, SG (to Pacers)
    Rajon Rondo, PG (to Kings)

Rondo wasn't happy with Rick Carlisle, so he was on his way out the door. Others were let go to secure CAP space for DeAndre Jordan. This could happen to any team; it's so unfortunate for the Mavericks, they were in the reset mode.

Does anyone have an update on Enes Kanter?

Could Enes Kanter sign with the Dallas Mavericks? - Welcome to Loud City

What a circus. I understand everyone gets buyer's remorse, but this is outrageous. I expect the commissioner to say something about this. I'm also interested to see how DeAndre and CP3 mesh next season since they pretty much detest each other (and that's why DeAndre wanted out in the first place).

These things tend to happen to Dallas more often than not. Letting good players leave and contracts lapse while going all on one or two potential superstars, only to have those dreams dashed, has sort of been the Mavs MO for some time. Mark Cuban fashions himself as a mad genius because he got a ring. I'm starting to think that 2011 championship was luck more than anything. The Mavs have been in constant "rebuild mode" since then. Eventually luck runs out.

Oh well, at least I'll be able to score super cheap tickets when the Thunder come to town....

Blog Entries

The ticket in Dallas to the Mavs v Clips games next year should garner some interest!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by okatty View Post
    The ticket in Dallas to the Mavs v Clips games next year should garner some interest!
    DeAndre will get one hell-of-a reception.

Blog Entries

Interesting article about a former Thunder player who has been in the news a lot lately.

GQ Exclusive: NBA Star Thabo Sefolosha Tells His Story of Assault by the NYPD | GQ

Thread Information