Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: National Basketball Association

Default Re: National Basketball Association

Looks like durant will be sitting out tonight due to foot pain .. and Bosh is out for the season for the heat with blood clots in his lungs. That can't be good.

Blog Entries

Thought that I would share some comments from the Dallas Mavericks posters from GDT: Mavs (36-19) at Thunder (28-25) - Page 4 - Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Thursday, February 19, Final: Oklahoma City Thunder 104 - Dallas Mavericks 89

Page 4

I don't want to sound like a broken record, but the offense isn't working on any level. And it hasn't looked sharp for a while. And it isn't just on Rondo. Players just look shockingly passive or deer in headlights like "oh, I'm supposed to make a play?"

If they could just start making some long range shots, It might loosen up the lane. When your shots aren't falling, they're not falling.

Chuck makes a good point about the Reggie Jackson trade. Getting rid of him really gives OKC a lift.

This thing has to gel. We have such a new roster - these are growing pains. I think we had 11 new players this year. We're right in the mix of things in an incredibly stacked western conference. Plus Rondo missed significant playing time. It's just one game.

this game is over, can't get a shot, can't get a rebound, stupid turnovers, no reaction

Page 5

Russell Westbrook is too damn good

Westbrook's gonna cause his team to implode someday.

I'm going to have a damn heart attack. My hatred for all things Oklahoma run deep.

The more I watch Westbrook the more I think he's the best player on the Thunder

Nick collison gets away with murder

Blog Entries

Rajon Rondo ignores Rick Carlisle, who screams at and benches him...

What did Rondo say to Rick Carlisle?

Blog Entries

2014-15 Season of the NBA injury bug...

Injuries Becoming Unfortunate Theme of 2014-15 NBA Season

Injuries Becoming Unfortunate Theme of 2014-15 NBA Season | Bleacher Report

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Rajon Rondo ignores Rick Carlisle, who screams at and benches him...

What did Rondo say to Rick Carlisle?
    He told him to 'F' Off. That's why he was benched.

Blog Entries

This was a very bad and unfortunate exchange between Rondo & Carlisle. The Dallas Mavericks' rumor mill continues to boil as it is suggested that 'both' Rondo & Carlisle will be out of Dallas next season.

This was a very bad and unfortunate exchange between Rondo & Carlisle. The Dallas Mavericks' rumor mill continues to boil as it is suggested that 'both' Rondo & Carlisle will be out of Dallas next season.
    Where did you read that about Carlisle? He is one of the best coaches in the NBA and absolutely beloved by players, management, and the city.

Blog Entries

NBA Re: National Basketball Association

New Oklahoma City Thunder uniforms will make their home debut Sunday, March 8 against Toronto Raptors.

9. Default Re: National Basketball Association

New Oklahoma City Thunder uniforms will make their home debut Sunday, March 8 against Toronto Raptors.

I'm sorry the white ones look like pajamas.

10. Default Re: National Basketball Association

Turrible.

11. Default Re: National Basketball Association

I actually kind of like them. Not sure why everyone hates the sleeves. Every other sport in the world wears sleeves on their jerseys. Anyway, about time we got a jersey that says OKC on it.

12. Default Re: National Basketball Association

I hate the sleeve jerseys. A sad attempt by the NBA to get sales for "dad" jerseys.

13. Default Re: National Basketball Association

They are pretty underwhelming. I wish it just said "OKC" in blue or orange instead of the logo. They look whiter than the USMNT kit

Blog Entries

Those jerseys are bad. Just bad. Spurs are worse! But I agree with FightTheGoodFight - NBA revenue generator.

Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    I actually kind of like them. Not sure why everyone hates the sleeves. Every other sport in the world wears sleeves on their jerseys. Anyway, about time we got a jersey that says OKC on it.
    People tend to push back a lot on any changes in the look of their sports team, a major part of why people like the team is memories of it and for many the times watching with friends and family.

Though there are a lot of cases where you are going from something that has been refined over decades to look as good whatever article of clothing is going to look in team colors and fans have gotten over it's weak points, to something new where the flaws are much more up front and open for criticism.

Blog Entries

I thought the blue alternates were fine and kinda like them. Can't say same with these!

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    They are pretty underwhelming. I wish it just said "OKC" in blue or orange instead of the logo. They look whiter than the USMNT kit
    ??

Blog Entries

The first two jerseys were not very popular. They have grown on the fan base. The new jerseys will probably follow the same path, as we experienced with the Thunder dark blue jerseys with the vertical Thunder letters.

My experience as an NBA fan; the short sleeve jerseys look odd (unorthodox). Is this the new trend or fashion for the NBA?

If there is any saving grace, IMHO they look better than the short-sleeve jerseys on display by the rest of the NBA's 29 teams.

19. Default Re: National Basketball Association

I'd like to see a win/loss breakdown on the navy road alternates. I'm convinced they're cursed and that the Thunder's record is disproportionately worse in them.

At the risk of sounding silly, was I the only one who thought the pictures of the unveiling of the new alternate looked like a page from a Sears catalog selling kids pajamas?

I love the blue alternate. But these just don't do it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    I'd like to see a win/loss breakdown on the navy road alternates. I'm convinced they're cursed and that the Thunder's record is disproportionately worse in them.
    With that you also would need a breakdown of the strength of schedules, while there are times they play in them against poor teams, it seems like they have more often than not worn them against better than average teams. Plus with the rules for when alternates can be worn, it is also more likely they are playing away in them.

22. Default Re: National Basketball Association

Nah, that's too logic-y. I'm just gonna go with cursed.

Blog Entries

NBA Re: National Basketball Association

Steve Nash announces retirement from the NBA - SBNation.com

Steve has always been one of the best; we wish him the best.

Another Silliman on Sports NBA article:

THE BABY FACE, THE BEARD AND THE MASK

The MVP race in the NBA calls for a rap. See if you don’t agree:

He came from Charlotte
    Daddy name of Dell
    A loosed limbed baller
    shootin’ faster than hell
    Creates for Golden State
    So fast there is no wait
    With Klay he drains the splash
    His bro… so money they like cash
    On defense he’s harrassin’
    Assistin’ and a passin’
    Buckets he amassin’
    He’s the Baby-Faced Assassin

He’s the Beard you always feared
    He resembles Kimbo Slice
    Crosses you over, not once but twice
    Euro steps you in the face
    Can’t stop him with even mace
    Launched the Rockets to record pace
    His beard be seen from space
    On late game shots he ain’t no coward
    Doing this all with no Dwight Howard
    Gets to the line like no one’s business
    In a style uniquely his-ness
    There’s no guardin’ one James Harden

Next we find The Mask
    Charged with daunting task
    Of leading gimpy Thunder
    At a pace so fast you’ll all but wonder
    How he survives broken hand, broken face
    No Serge, no KD… yet stays in the playoff race
    With trippy dubbies at a pace
    With MJ, Wilt and Oscar be compared
    Flying so high… the air be rared
    No one outruns Russell
    No one has his drive, his hustle
    And on fashion, he’s all muscle

Even yet another Silliman on Sports NBA article:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	71.5 KB 
ID:	10557

Bank Robbers Buy Hawks Suite
    March 29, 2015
    By Stan Silliman

BANK ROBBERS USE FUNDS ON HAWKS SUITE

From a suite at the Hawks Philips Arena to a suite in the pen. Okay, not a suite, more like an 8’ x 12’ cell.

Do I need to back up? Okay. In 2009, four guys from Atlanta – Zach Vaughn, Derek Spinks, Henry Cobb and William Leese – concocted a scheme to syphon $4.3 million dollars from the Bank of New York Mellon and then went on a five year spending spree. Before they were recently caught, convicted and sentenced, they spent money on vehicles, gold, trips and a suite at the Hawks games.

Apparently, the idiots didn’t realize that had they not bought or leased a Philips Arena suite, they would not have ended up in a Silliman on Sports column. Otherwise, there would not have been a sports angle. When a crime caper enters the sports world, all bets are off.

We checked the Philips Arena suites. The rental ones are nice – big screen TVs, wood paneling, fully stocked bar and cookies. Yummy cookies. Macadamians. Probably not worth spending five years at Ray James Correctional or UCO Atlanta tasty, but delicious cookies otherwise.

Zachary Vaughn worked at the bank from 2005 to 2013. He noticed that one of the bank’s customers had $4.3 million sitting there in reserve funds. Not moving at all. Idle! Just sitting there. Money needs to move around, not just sit idly. We’re sure this is what banker Zachary Vaughn thought. This money needs exercise! It needs to be wired to my friend, Derek Spinks. Spinks can then give it more exercise by investing it in a company owned by C & L Logistics and Transportation owned by Cobb and Leese. Spread money around! Enrich the community. Put the money back into the idle account after it’s done the community some good!

The court testimony didn’t quite come out like this but we’re sure Zachary Vaughn had good reasons for freeing the money from its sedentary state. Maybe, during his testimony, he might have even mentioned cookies. Hey, macadamia farmers got to eat, too!

How did Vaughn get away with it for years, you ask. He moved more money. He found bigger bank accounts with idle money, moved 500K here, 300K there and pretty soon he had placed the $4.3 million back into the original idle account. He was a money moving machine as well as a good money trainer. Zachary Vaughn was the Billy Blanks of moving money from one account to another. Money from twenty different Bank of New York accounts got exercise.

Vaughn did all this without once consulting Jimmy Conway. If Vaughn had talked to Jimmy (played by Robert DeNiro in “Goodfellas”), Jimmy would have told him not to spend any of their stolen funds. “No jewels, no furs, no fancy cars. If I catch you, you’ll end up in the trunk on the way to the garbage heap,” Jimmy would’ve told him. “And if Tommy DeVito gets wind, your knee caps will look like Derrick Rose’s.”

Alright, Jimmy would have never mentioned Derrick Rose… but I’m writing a sports column. And, by the way, tying up the Billy Blanks reference with the Atlanta Hawks? The Hawks now have a player named Thabo. You’re welcome.

Thread Information