Widgets Magazine
Page 36 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3132333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: National Basketball Association

Blog Entries

NBA Re: National Basketball Association

Blog Entries

Draymond Green slugs Jordan Poole

New Video Shows Draymond Green Violently Punch Jordan Poole at Warriors Practice | TMZ Sports

There no shame in his game, 'Nutcracker' has elevated his game; this leaded practice video will probably
    be taken down off the internet.

Blog Entries

Draymond Green fined but not suspended, set to rejoin Warriors

Steve Kerr says Draymond Green will play in the Warriors' final preseason game and will be available on opening night.
    Janie McCauley | The Associated Press

Link: https://www.nba.com/news/draymond-green-fined?cid=nba%3Adynpage%3Aown%3Aemail%3Adaily%3Ali nk%3Aeg%3Anl%3Aeng%3At-crm%3AUS%3Aen%3A20221012AILY_NEWSLETTER%3A&lctg=5ed4a4c93c2d25747dca2afb

Default Re: National Basketball Association

Forbes release the NBA Team Values for 2022: https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeoza...h=68a301761cce

OKC is 24th at 1.875 billion. An increase of 15% from last year. They also have one of the higher operating incomes in the league at 129 million. So doomers may bemoan empty seats as a sign of relocation, but know that the franchise is doing just fine.

Blog Entries

Thunder Re: National Basketball Association

Thanks Jake:

Impressive when you consider our MSA population & TV market size--does our TV market include Tulsa, Lawton-Wichita Falls & Ft. Smith...

#24 Oklahoma City Thunder
    #25 Orlando Magic
    #26 Indiana Pacers
    #27 Charlotte Hornets
    #28 Minnesota Timberwolves
    #29 Memphis Grizzlies
    #30 New Orleans Pelicans

Noticed the NBA small markets under 2 million MSA populations like Milwaukee #15 & Utah (Salt Lake City) #19 looked great with
    Oklahoma City ahead of Memphis & New Orleans.

Once we are able to secure a replacement arena with the Thunder as anchor tenants, that 'team value' will skyrocket
    to the 15-20 range.

Thanks again to our Oklahoma ownership group for making all of this possible for our city & state.

6. Default Re: National Basketball Association

It will also be interesting to see if that helps with revenue when they move away from Bally. More TV providers will have access to a new channel I would expect.

Any idea when Thunder move away from Bally Sports? Have a hard time justifying paying an extra $19.99/moth for Bally Sports +. The fans will be back. Thunder just need to get away from the tank narrative, which I fully understand and appreciate. The Thunder schedule is tough enough this year so hopefully we experience a natural tank and get to see everyone play into early spring.

Have there been any arena updates?

Also, curious to when we will have a rebrand. Not sure how far Thunder will go but have seen some very cool ideas out there..

8. Default Re: National Basketball Association

We won't see anything about leaving Bally until next season. Sinclair will have to either sell off the rights back to the NBA or bankrupt. They are loaded with debt so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by FighttheGoodFight View Post
    We won't see anything about leaving Bally until next season. Sinclair will have to either sell off the rights back to the NBA or bankrupt. They are loaded with debt so who knows.
    i don't think the teams are going to leave bally ...

the NBA and MLB and maybe NHL will likely buy bally ... and rebrand it ... and then hopefully they can get better distribution ..

Steve Nash was fired from the Brooklyn Nets. Maybe the Thunder should consider him as the next head coach?

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Steve Nash was fired from the Brooklyn Nets. Maybe the Thunder should consider him as the next head coach?
    Please delete this nephew.

Why ?

Coach D is doing a great job.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    Why ?

Coach D is doing a great job.
    Yeah I think he is exceeding expectations and I didn't really have any.

Sam Presti is such a good general manager. We are very fortunate to have him.

Tell me you don't anything about basketball without telling me you don't know anything about basketball

Blog Entries

NBA All Star Voting: https://www.nba.com/allstar/2023

I am not a Thunder fan but you are an idiot for thinking that Thunder should consider Nash as the next coach, there is a reason Nash got fired and that is because he SUCKS

Quote Originally Posted by Boop View Post
    I am not a Thunder fan but you are an idiot for thinking that Thunder should consider Nash as the next coach, there is a reason Nash got fired and that is because he SUCKS
    I won’t call anyone an idiot for their sports opinion, but seeing how quickly Brooklyn clicked once he was gone, it’s impossible to look back and see him as anything more than an emphatic failure. I think a lot of that has to do with him originally being brought in to basically be a puppet-designated-coach while KD, Kyrie, and eventually Harden balled, but once conflict arose and strategy became essential, he was completely inept in managing it. I will say, assuming this isn’t some crazy timing coincidence, I’m impressed with the job Jacque Vaughn has done. When Brooklyn decided to not hire Ime Udoku and go with Vaughn instead, there were a lot of Nets fans that hated it. So if this is truly a result of his improvement as a coach, I’m highly impressed with him and the Nets could very well be the best team in the league with how they’ve come back together since he took over.

Blog Entries

Rumor: Thunder would allow GM Sam Presti to leave for Knicks if he wanted to:

Presti has been with the Thunder since 2007. He’s one of the best execs in the league. Members of the Knicks are said to be fond of Presti, but it’s unknown if Presti has interest in leaving his stable position with the Thunder for a murky one with the Knicks.
    Knicks’ front office desperately needs to follow Sam Presti’s lead:
    https://dailyknicks.com/2022/04/18/n...m-presti-lead/

The standard is drastically different for the Thunder. Presti’s proven more than once that he knows what it takes to lead a franchise and his most recent presser was no different.
    Sam Presti’s Process is Putting the Thunder in a Prime Position: https://boardroom.tv/sam-presti-process-thunder/

Thunder GM Sam Presti started the Thunder’s dramatic rebuild in 2020 by trading superstars for draft picks, young talent, and financial flexibility. All things considered, the team is currently overachieving at 7-8 despite having the league’s most youthful squad (22.6 years old) with the fourth-lowest payroll ($94.8 million).

Blog Entries

Vivint Smart Home Arena https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vivint_Arena

List of tallest buildings in Salt Lake City: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...Salt_Lake_City

Hotels near the 2023 NBA All-Star Game: https://hotelguides.com/nba-all-star-game-hotels.html

Blog Entries

NBA TRADES:

ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski reported on Thursday afternoon that the Lakers, Timberwolves and Jazz have agreed to a three-way trade before Friday’s deadline.

The news comes after a report from Wojnarowski that Westbrook and coach Darvin Ham got into a “heated verbal exchange” in the locker room during halftime against Oklahoma City.

The agreed trade sees the Lakers acquire D’Angelo Russell, Malik Beasley and Jarred Vanderbilt while the Jazz receive Westbrook, Juan Toscano-Anderson, Damian Jones and a lightly protected 2027 first-round pick.

The Wolves, meanwhile, get Mike Conley Jr., Nickeil Alexander-Walker and three second-round picks as part of the deal.

It is expected that a buyout would be the likely path for Westbrook, who has $16.2 million left on his $47 million contract for the season.

Nets officially trade Kyrie Irving to Mavericks:

Brooklyn receives:

Spencer Dinwiddie
    Dorian Finney-Smith
    2027 second-round pick
    2029 first-round pick (unprotected)
    2029 second round-pick

Dallas receives:

Kyrie Irving
    Markieff Morris

NBA Trade deadline: February 9, 2 p.m. CST

The Snake is headed to the desert.

I’d say Jay Z won the trade.

Quote Originally Posted by April in the Plaza View Post
    The Snake is headed to the desert.

I’d say Jay Z won the trade.
    Jay-Z sold his stake in the Nets a decade ago. He has an agency Rocnation, but I don't think they rep any of the players involved. What do you mean by Jay-Z won the trade?

Blog Entries

NBA trade tracker: All the deals from the 2023 deadline in one place: https://ftw.usatoday.com/lists/nba-t...023-all-trades

Blog Entries

Suns championship odds went from +1800 to +450 after the KD trade.

Blog Entries

Oklahoma City Thunder 2022-23 Exit Interviews:

Thread Information